PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - The season so far.....

Board index Super League St. Helens - the-entertainers.tv The season so far.....

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:42 pm
Blobbynator User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Best team Performance - Leeds at home by a mile. We were brilliant that day.

Worst team Performance - Tough call between Magic weekend and at Odsal but I'd have to say the Magic weekend. We got humiliated by a Wigan team who had less players for half an hour. Disgraceful, and I've still not forgiven them!

Best individual performance - Roby, pretty much against anyone.

Worst individual performance - Any of them at Magic weekend with Gary Wheeler probably being the worst.

Biggest letdown - Hohaia, Shenton and Perry have disappointed me, especially for big money signings.

Who has stepped up - Soliola and Makinson been shining lights this year.

Most improved - Makinson

Player of the season so far- James Roby

Rest of season expectations - Finish 3rd and have a run in the Play Offs probably making the Semi's. I previously ruled out the Grand Final, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got there again especially if Wigan or Wire have a dip in form at the end of the season.
[quote="Meyt N Prater Pie"]I think I hate wigan.[/quote]
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:22 pm
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

St pete wrote:
Maybe, just maybe he shares the same views and doesn't deem it necessary to disagree with every single post on here, unlike a certain person.

I don't deem it 'necessary' to disagree with anything. I just don't agree with some things and that that happens to mean I disagree with certain posters regularly simply means that we hold differing views. I can appreciate that. Unfortunately you and a few others think it necessary to extract the michael every time you disagree with something. That is childish and is often responsible for derailing threads.

But taking your initial point seriously - at my peril - I chose Makinson and Jones because it is so easy to choose Roby. The default for the best of anything and everything at Saints is Roby. I opted to be a bit more creative and think of context. I actually think Roby had a better season last year, to this point, than he is having this year even though on occasion he has been outstanding and at all times he has been the consumate professional.

Makinson and Jones, however, have both played up and played consistently well in spite of a change in coach - with the attendant disruption that brings - perhaps some bad vibes prior to that, some really tough games and a new team line up in the case of Makinson. Makinson edged it because he was in the team last season and played so well. He has maintained and improved upon his game in spite of all the upheaval, and that is why he gets my 'best player of the season' vote.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:46 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

SaintsFan wrote:
I don't deem it 'necessary' to disagree with anything. I just don't agree with some things and that that happens to mean I disagree with certain posters regularly simply means that we hold differing views. I can appreciate that. Unfortunately you and a few others think it necessary to extract the michael every time you disagree with something. That is childish and is often responsible for derailing threads.

But taking your initial point seriously - at my peril - I chose Makinson and Jones because it is so easy to choose Roby. The default for the best of anything and everything at Saints is Roby. I opted to be a bit more creative and think of context. I actually think Roby had a better season last year, to this point, than he is having this year even though on occasion he has been outstanding and at all times he has been the consumate professional.

Makinson and Jones, however, have both played up and played consistently well in spite of a change in coach - with the attendant disruption that brings - perhaps some bad vibes prior to that, some really tough games and a new team line up in the case of Makinson. Makinson edged it because he was in the team last season and played so well. He has maintained and improved upon his game in spite of all the upheaval, and that is why he gets my 'best player of the season' vote.

Fair enough but I don't take the micheal out of you and every now and then I do agree with you and I've no problem saying that.

Taking your post serious - at my peril - I don't think makinson and jones have played anywhere near the standard of roby or sia. I do understand they are young lads and doing very well but that can't take away from what robes and sia done this year.

IMO roby by a mile followed by sia.
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:21 pm
Saint Simon User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

It could be argued that Jones has had it easiest as hes about the only one in the squad (+ swift) who hasnt changed coaches this year
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:39 pm
Man of Steel Stevo's Armpit

Best team Performance - Warrington away by far

Worst team Performance - I want to pick two. Hull KR away and Bradford away. Can't seperate them

Best individual performance - Lomax Leeds (H)

Worst individual performance - Lance Hohaia - so many to choose from!!

Biggest letdown - Lance Hohaia

Who's has stepped up - Sia Soliola

Most improved - Tommy Makinson

player of the season so far - Sia Soliola

Rest of season expectations - just to keep improving. I think it would be wrong to say we are going to do this and do that this season. With the season we have had so far it's probably best just to take each game as it comes and not look to far ahead. We are a working progress and I hope we get to the end of the season that gives Nathan Brown a good foundation to move us forward.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:09 am
on_the_charge Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Best Team Performance: Warrington (A) A superb team performance right out the top draw

Worst Team Performace: Wigan Manchester Magic without question

Best Individual Performance: Jonny Lomax (H) Leeds Rhinos

Worst Individual Performance: Jamie Foster Bradford (A)

Biggest Letdown: Lance Hohaia

Who's Stepped Up: Anthony Laffranchi

Most Improved: Josh Perry

Player Of The Season: James Roby

Rest Of The Season Expectations: Finish 4th make the play offs but lose in the Semi's.
Previous