PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - rumours going around

Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:24 pm
rhino2009 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Ferdy wrote:
I don't know.
I do believe we will promote from within the team, and realisitcally between BJB, Hardaker and smith. I think with Webb out they all may get a shot but I think it's almost like a audition for the part.

So the rumour of us signing David Williams could be accurate
due to a knock on effect from say BJB getting the role?
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:27 pm
Ferdy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rhino2009 wrote:

Could be, although my preference would be Chisholm filling the void left by BJB.
Would quite like hardaker myself to move to the one spot, but just because he moves there he still needs the ability to pass left
If your not cheating, your not trying. Barrie Mcdermott
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:55 pm
Cheeky half-back

Ferdy wrote:
rhino2009 wrote:

Could be, although my preference would be Chisholm filling the void left by BJB.
Would quite like hardaker myself to move to the one spot, but just because he moves there he still needs the ability to pass left

It might be tough on Chisholm and maybe 1/2 others but I think we need a combination of a bit of experience plus some youngsters with potential so I would not be against Williams signing. We are world champions and I want us to stay at the top! I agree with your sugggestion of an experienced new prop and second row
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:00 pm
nantwichexile Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rhino2009 wrote:
It might be tough on Chisholm and maybe 1/2 others but I think we need a combination of a bit of experience plus some youngsters with potential so I would not be against Williams signing. We are world champions and I want us to stay at the top! I agree with your sugggestion of an experienced new prop and second row

Room for Wlliams and Chisholm on the wings IF :idea: we move Hall inside to centre (Hardaker to FB; BJB as the Smith-like-cover at FB/wing and Smith to HKR :D )
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:08 pm
Ferdy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rhino2009 wrote:

You do sometimes need experience as well as youth I just feel buying a winger is one of the least important positions on the field, and you can get away more with playing a younger inexperienced winger.
Someone somewhere mentioned Williams might be a good full back also.
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:14 pm
Cheeky half-back

nantwichexile wrote:
rhino2009 wrote:

Room for Wlliams and Chisholm on the wings IF :idea: we move Hall inside to centre (Hardaker to FB; BJB as the Smith-like-cover at FB/wing and Smith to HKR :D )

I like your suggestion, do we know whether Hull KR would be interested in Smith?
Post Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:19 pm
nantwichexile Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rhino2009 wrote:
I like your suggestion, do we know whether Hull KR would be interested in Smith?

We might need to change his name by deed poll to Greg Ingliss maybe..... :)
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:18 am
rhinoms User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

That could be the way we go ferdy should Williams arrive but i'm firmly in the Chisolm camp if we move Bjb to FB.
It might even be an idea to put Zak at 1 with Abbo alternating with Keinhorst at LC until the young lad is settled there if we can't sign anyone else with Roche getting a run in the BR or Ward staying there.
I do believe we have some good options within the squad/Acadamy but like i posted el;sewhere i'd like 2 added to the pack with Kylie ,Hauraki ,Kirke leaving this year and possibly JP depending on the quality of a new signing.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:23 pm
Ferdy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

rhinoms wrote:
That could be the way we go ferdy should Williams arrive but i'm firmly in the Chisolm camp if we move Bjb to FB.
It might even be an idea to put Zak at 1 with Abbo alternating with Keinhorst at LC until the young lad is settled there if we can't sign anyone else with Roche getting a run in the BR or Ward staying there.
I do believe we have some good options within the squad/Acadamy but like i posted el;sewhere i'd like 2 added to the pack with Kylie ,Hauraki ,Kirke leaving this year and possibly JP depending on the quality of a new signing.

I agree, would prefer Chisholm
Post Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:11 pm
Cheeky half-back

Ferdy wrote:
rhinoms wrote:

I agree, would prefer Chisholm

I'm a David Williams supporter and think his qualities and experience through internationals and NRL finals will help are young players. Chisolm will get his chance. Gary H is astute and would not be signing Williams if he did not see it improving the team as a whole. Having said that I do agree that a good prop and Ali type second rower are important as well. When's GH going to announce anything?
PreviousNext