PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition

Board index Other Sports Other Sports Football Chat Thread - Euro 2012 edition

A forum for the discussion of sports other than Rugby League.

Roddy B User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Talent Spotter wrote:
Which parts are miles off? Seems like a reasonable post to me.

Find out where I say:

1) I don't want Hodgson to succeed because he was sh*t at Liverpool
2) Where I ever brought up Dalglish
3) Where I ever blame Hodgson for the state Liverpool are in.
4) Where I say I want England to play like Real Madrid or Barcalona [sic]
5) Where I ever put blind faith in Dalglish. I was always critical of him and the signings, I simply highlighted his 'positives' and what he'd done well, which is always ignored by people who don't support the club.

Also, whilst you're at it, find out how a man that was sacked two years ago, is to blame for the current Liverpool situation. You will struggle to find out why he's to blame, especially if you look behind the scenes and realise the only thing 'good' at the club is his doing.
Catalancs User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Roddy B wrote:
Also, whilst you're at it, find out how a man that was sacked two years ago, is to blame for the current Liverpool situation. You will struggle to find out why he's to blame, especially if you look behind the scenes and realise the only thing 'good' at the club is his doing.

Benítez is responsible for the new kit deal?
:CROWN: RLFans.com Soccer Prediction League Champion 2011/2012 :CROWN:

The Christie - please donate

Greatest headline ever?
Roddy B User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Catalancs wrote:

Nah, he was responsible for the appointments of Jose Segura and Rodolfo Borrell who are finally making an effort with our academy.
Lord God Jose Mourinho User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Catalancs wrote:

Well he does have a lot of time on his hands...
Roddy B User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Lord God Jose Mourinho wrote:
Well he does have a lot of time on his hands...

Did you read his open letter about Dirk Kuyt? :oops:
Lord God Jose Mourinho User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Roddy B wrote:
Did you read his open letter about Dirk Kuyt? :oops:

Just read it.

I thought it was a really nice gesture. He clearly thinks a lot of Kuyt.

But I did laugh at some of the responses on the LFC forum: "Rafa always did rate him too highly." :D
mystic eddie User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: The Peoples Republic of Bradfordia (Scottish Branch)
Dita's Slot Meter wrote:
The problem for Roddy (and many other Liverpool fans) is that they are in the delicate position where Hodgson can make them, and their opinions, look very silly.

They've already been made to look stupid by the blind faith they showed in the useless Dalglish, so if a man who they turned on, because he dared to be almost un-Liverpool like when he was in the job, gets one or two half decent results and suddenly gets a bit of praise from the media, then their reaction is always going to be the typical Liverpool one, which is lashing out, followed by a dose of self pity, mainly about how Hodgson is to blame for the state they are in (conveniently forgetting how Benitez put them there in the first place, and how Dalglish has actually made them even worse).

I don't think anybody thinks Hodgson is a particularly great manager, but the way Liverpool fans go on, you would think he is a total incompetent, with little knowledge of the game.

The truth is, despite Roddy wanting us to suddenly become Real Madrid or Barcalona and to play flowing football, we simply aren't good enough and we have a stark choice - Either try to play attacking football (and fail miserably) or get used to the fact that, for the moment, stealing results by stifling more talented teams is our only option.

It always makes me laugh when the media portray LFC fans as "amongst the most knowledgeable in the game." They, in fact, come across as quite the opposite.

I honestly do not see where Roddy is coming from in his posts. To spout the biggest load of nonsense then try to hide behind denials is clearly ridiculous. What an embarrassment to his team.

Week in, week out he is shown up on here as wrong but instead of just admitting defeat he just keeps going, like a dog with a bone and makes it worse. I doubt even he believes what he writes.

He is a cracking troll though.
Red Amber and Black Fantasy Rugby League Champion 2012.

By far the most sensible posts on this thread have come from mystic eddie. - copyright Ewwenorfolk 09.04.2013
Stand-Offish User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Somewhere in Bonny Donny (Twinned with Krakatoa in 1883).
Getting back to Euro 2012 ...
I really enjoyed the Poland vs Russia game, not least because there was little posturing and passing the ball for its own sake.
They both had a go. The Poles made some eye-catching, swift breaks and scored a cracking goal. The best shot so far for me.

Sides can't dick about in second round games and the football is the better for it. Are you watching England???
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Thank God I'm an atheist.
EL CAMO User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

General consensus then, how far will england get?
Rally round the Robins!

Voice Of Reason wrote:
I Agree that Hull FC players LOST this game once again....but don't ingnore what the SMIRKIN scumbag GANSON influence had on our own downfall.
He's a deceiving cheating little fat little fcker who will go onto turn us over at every little chance.
mystic eddie User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: The Peoples Republic of Bradfordia (Scottish Branch)
EL CAMO wrote:
General consensus then, how far will england get?

Semi Final.
Red Amber and Black Fantasy Rugby League Champion 2012.

By far the most sensible posts on this thread have come from mystic eddie. - copyright Ewwenorfolk 09.04.2013
PreviousNext