PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v8
 

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:11 am
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 12856
Location: Ashvegas/Coventry
I would like to see Watts at Wigan. We need a prop for next season to replace Lima.

Mossop and Prescott can step up to cover Lima's workrate and Watts and Eric could play off the bench. Thats not even mentioning Fielden, Crosby, Spencer etc.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:02 am
Geoff User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 4594
Odem wrote:
I would like to see Watts at Wigan. We need a prop for next season to replace Lima.

Mossop and Prescott can step up to cover Lima's workrate and Watts and Eric could play off the bench. Thats not even mentioning Fielden, Crosby, Spencer etc.


Watts is no replacement for Lima, he's no better than the props we already have.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:37 am
Odem User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:59 am
Posts: 12856
Location: Ashvegas/Coventry
Geoff wrote:
Watts is no replacement for Lima, he's no better than the props we already have.


We simply can't get someone who is the standard of Lima. Mossop and Prescott will make that step up. Watts has huge potential to be another Mossop or Prescott.
Dropkick Murphy..we actually saw and heard a mass of bouncing and scarf and flag waving to Dale Cavese that drowned out anything we could muster.. It stopped us singing our own celebratory songs, it died out seconds later when we accepted we couldn't be heard over the Wigan lot
Celebrations muted from us, job done from them. Most fans who slag them off are jealous their own club's support is nowhere near that good
-
sally cinnamon..Why not discuss Wigan? It's a rugby league message board. Wigan are the most famous brand in rugby league
-
Tre Cool..Saints fans are hopeless unless it's a cup final or grand final. Wigan fans are so much more loyal and passionate
-
the flying biscuit..Wires havent been massively succesful over the years, but I've spoke to Brian Bevan And he spoke to me and i wouldnt swap that for Wigans History, ever
-
Ande..on the TV i could only hear the Wigan fans with about 10 to go
-
Saint94..Every team is in your feckin shadow, we all know
-
FIOS
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:21 am
pie.warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: 100 MILES FROM PARADISE
Forget replacing Lima and Finch with equal quality players from down under as they can earn twice as much due to the cap being almost double. We will have to settle for fringe players from their first teams or unearthed talent in the toyota squads. Failing that we will have to pay a transfer fee for the best in superleague already as they are currently on salaries to match the cap here.
A Pie is for life, not just a Wembley Final
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 am
lothlorian User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 5:42 pm
Posts: 1505
Location: eating pies wearing cherry and white
pie.warrior wrote:
Forget replacing Lima and Finch with equal quality players from down under as they can earn twice as much due to the cap being almost double. We will have to settle for fringe players from their first teams or unearthed talent in the toyota squads. Failing that we will have to pay a transfer fee for the best in superleague already as they are currently on salaries to match the cap here.


well the Sowood rumour wont go away so time will tell. This and the Chase one are the rumours that have gathered momentum over the last couple of weeks and it was posted earlier that we have offered Sowood a substantial three year contract. It may be his agent bumping his price up but Sowood isnt going to walk into the Australia team anytime soon with Cronk and Thurston the starting halves. A few years in super league is not as daft an idea as it sounds for a talented young aussie halfback.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:21 am
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 15879
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Soward would be perfect but I cannot see it happening sadly he still has a year left on his contract and would command a huge salary.

Given the Chase rumours have increased significantly over the last 2 weeks I would say that Soward deal is a non starter and we are looking at other options.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:35 am
pie.warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: 100 MILES FROM PARADISE
as long as Chase isn't being courted by NRL clubs then the salary he will expect to get will be in line with the cap we have in place, that could be easily affordable if Castleford are not using the full cap at the moment as Chase's salary will be in line with what they can afford to pay. The only hurdle wil be the transfer fee as he wont be cheap.
A Pie is for life, not just a Wembley Final
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:09 am
lothlorian User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 5:42 pm
Posts: 1505
Location: eating pies wearing cherry and white
jonh wrote:
Soward would be perfect but I cannot see it happening sadly he still has a year left on his contract and would command a huge salary.

Given the Chase rumours have increased significantly over the last 2 weeks I would say that Soward deal is a non starter and we are looking at other options.


I agree we appear to be looking at other options but Chase signed a new deal recently ( till end of 2015 if i remember correctly) where as Sowood has 1 year left on his so there may not be much difference in the comparative fees to buy out of the contract. Im not sure Chase will fit into a structured attacking side with his off the cuff style so I hope it comes to nothing.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:26 am
Pemps User avatar
100% League Network Sponsor
100% League Network Sponsor

Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:13 pm
Posts: 18161
Location: Usually on here


lothlorian wrote:
I agree we appear to be looking at other options but Chase signed a new deal recently ( till end of 2015 if i remember correctly) where as Sowood has 1 year left on his so there may not be much difference in the comparative fees to buy out of the contract. Im not sure Chase will fit into a structured attacking side with his off the cuff style so I hope it comes to nothing.

Sam does
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:30 am
pie.warrior User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:07 pm
Posts: 1496
Location: 100 MILES FROM PARADISE
but Sam knows when he's going to get the ball from Tommy and Brett, having Chase in the halves would stop a lot of the ball going through the hands if he continued to play his own game.
A Pie is for life, not just a Wembley Final
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: B.Rowlins, ChrisA, darceydo222, Johnny Drama, lemonhead, Rogues Gallery and 157 guests

Quick Reply

   

Return to Wigan Warriors - cherryandwhite.co.uk



All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.
RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, the RLSA (Rugby League Supporters Association) or the 100% League Network is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites, please email the author of this sub-site if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.
Copyright 1999 - 2014 RLFANS.COM