PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - David Tarry gone

Re: David Tarry gone

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:03 pm
Derek Smalls Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

If we do have to pay him any sort of compenastion package, the Myler money will surely cover it...

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:00 pm
Dantes Inferno User avatar

It's official then the Wilky and Tarry Show is over. Best news i've heard in 30 years. Something is badly wrong behind the scenes if JW has offloaded his comedien mate.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm
redgunner Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I would have taken bets that DI would lower the debate?

Here's hope the glass is half full!

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:22 pm
redhope Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Wow i may be in the minority on here but this is a guy who has given 30+ years to the club, does no one think he may be due some thanks over this time??
It isnt him putting his money in rather it was him trying to get the club through the years on a shoe string, but for him and others we woulnt even exist.
30 yrs at the club, where`s the top guy at Swinton, Leigh, Oldham, Halifax etc over that period.
Personally i would say many thanks for the work he has put in, hopefully his succesor will be able to move the club forward, assuming the increased funding is in place.
Cue abuse......................................................

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:37 pm
Red-Devils-PAW User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

I agree with you,redhope.
Any one putting 30 years into any job is deserving of praise for loyalty,at least.
I do find the club take obfuscation to another level with their terse official press releases/statements.
They certainly leave more questions than answers.
I await the next instalment...
Devils Disciples required - No initiation ceremony needed just enter AJ Bell Stadium on Gameday to be accepted.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:17 pm
Salford red all over User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Iain wrote:
I can't wait for his book to come out.

My guess is it would be 230 blank pages..

Just opened a celebratory can !! best news in donkeys years.. :D
Worry a little bit every day and in a lifetime you will lose a couple of years. If something is wrong, fix it if you can. But train yourself not to worry. Worry never fixes anything.

Mary Hemmingway, US journalist,widow of Ernest Hemmingway (1908-1986)

The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

"I am not young enough to know everything"
Oscar Wilde Irish Playwright (1854-1900)

One likes people much better when they're battered down by a prodigious siege of misfortune than when they triumph.

virginia woolf (1882-1941)

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:45 pm
The Chair Maker User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

redballoon99 wrote:
Wow!!!! Didnt think it could be as low as that.
I was thinking more like £50,000.

Here is the link on how to calculate legal minimum redundancy in the eyes of the law

http://www.direct.gov.uk/redundancy.dsb

Someone with 30 years service would be only looking at around £10k

When you read in the news about people being given huge redundancy payouts, its either a blatant exaggeration by the media or the employee has a contract of employment that entitles them to additional benefits in the event of redundancy.
For example were i work my contract of employment states i would get two weeks pay for every year worked. In such circumstances someone with long service can get a tidy payout. These are the exceptions rather than the rule though.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:00 pm
The optimist User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: waiting patiently for our new signings to be announced....
Like ive said before moving to the new stadium there is no hiding places now, our miss management over the last 2 years and the lack of forwad thinking has fell on DT head and how he has paid the ultimate penalty

Thanks for 30 years of keeping our head above the water at the willows in trying circumstances but when we needed big leadership and a positive plan it didnt happen

Praying for a leader who is positve / forward thinker who will engage with fans and turn this boat around..... :PRAY:
*** Missed one of Salford Red Devils Independent fan podcast DEVIL IN THE DETAIL use the link below and catch up, or our facebook page to get all upto date gossip

facebook Devil in The Detail SRD

[url]https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=270334099791871[url]

catch up here

[url]https://www.soundcloud.com/devil-in-the-detail-srd[/url]

***Salford City Reds #1 Prophet Of Fulfilment***

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:04 pm
bryanthered User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

now the bad news Simms to take over
OUR DAY WILL COME

Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:12 am
The Black Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

The Chair Maker wrote:
Here is the link on how to calculate legal minimum redundancy in the eyes of the law

http://www.direct.gov.uk/redundancy.dsb

Someone with 30 years service would be only looking at around £10k

When you read in the news about people being given huge redundancy payouts, its either a blatant exaggeration by the media or the employee has a contract of employment that entitles them to additional benefits in the event of redundancy.
For example were i work my contract of employment states i would get two weeks pay for every year worked. In such circumstances someone with long service can get a tidy payout. These are the exceptions rather than the rule though.

Some companies (high end, possibly blue chip or major industrial) will give a golden handshake!

Salford rlfc, Mr Tarry - not much hope. Plus it's a nice description - redundancy LOL!

If any money changed hands I don't believe Mr Tarry has seen any of it!

Good luck David (Mark!) but fair dincum eh?
this will not be the end, or even the beginning of the end.
It is merely the end of the beginning
Image Image
PreviousNext