PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sunny Sunday at the Skolars

Board index Super League London Broncos Sunny Sunday at the Skolars

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:31 am
poplar panther User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

ko 2pm v Workington Town. Come and see if the boys can maintain their unbeaten home record.
Follow me on Twitter: broncoskolar@twitter.com

THE KING OF BRILLIANCE- JAMES LOMAS

available from: http://WWW.LLPSHOP.CO.UK

The UK's leading RL book publishers.
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 am
pronto User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I think its fair to say Skolars were beaten by the better team yesterday.
Mind you who was the ref. No shortage of penalties being awarded against
us in the second half some of which no signal was given as to what they were for.
As ever though we dont take a backward step under Joe and keep battling to the finish.
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:09 am
Rascal Bongo Stork Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

if they keep building and progressing then I can see them in with a shout for promotion next season - think it's two up then - probably up against Oldham,Rochdale & North Wales. The ref didnt have a stellar performance but that bloke from Workington who shouted about 50 or 60 times about offside was reallllllllllly beginning to irritate me by full time
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:23 pm
markrammond User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

It was clear yesterday that the Workington forwards were carrying an extra 30 pounds or more versus the Skolars equivalents. They were also much more experienced with the likes of Lupton, Thackray and Calderwood plus battle hardened Cumbrian Pros. They repeatedly held down the Skolars boys but made it look like a fair dominant tackle. By comparison they reached the floor quickly and Skolars were punished repeatedly for holding down. It looked very one sided from the ref. Skolars were only really conceding after consecutive penalties put Workington in for repeat sets. But the last 10 minutes was a blown out. Skolars were tired, big Joe played all 80 and I don't think Worrincy or Monty came off. They are a decent side now and improving all the time. As London Broncos Academy improves this helps Skolars. I have a lot of respect for them and I think it's my fourth visit on the bounce.
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:10 pm
gutterfax User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

markrammond wrote:
It was clear yesterday that the Workington forwards were carrying an extra 30 pounds or more versus the Skolars equivalents. They were also much more experienced with the likes of Lupton, Thackray and Calderwood plus battle hardened Cumbrian Pros. They repeatedly held down the Skolars boys but made it look like a fair dominant tackle. By comparison they reached the floor quickly and Skolars were punished repeatedly for holding down. It looked very one sided from the ref. Skolars were only really conceding after consecutive penalties put Workington in for repeat sets. But the last 10 minutes was a blown out. Skolars were tired, big Joe played all 80 and I don't think Worrincy or Monty came off. They are a decent side now and improving all the time. As London Broncos Academy improves this helps Skolars. I have a lot of respect for them and I think it's my fourth visit on the bounce.

That's all well and good Mark....but what was the crowd? :CURTAIN:

Sounds like the Skolars are doing a lot better this year than in previous seasons. With 4 going up, 2013 could be a watershed year for them if they can keep this group of players together...
dally messenger wrote:
was watching an nfl doco. on one of their teams and they used the term bomb to describe those long high passes from quaterback to running back and i think gibson took that idea, realized you cant throw the ball forward in RL and adapted it to a "bomb" kick we have

eels fan wrote:
You poor poor obsessed fat ex vichyballin potato thieving stoaway.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:28 am
Rooster Booster Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

markrammond wrote:
By comparison they reached the floor quickly and Skolars were punished repeatedly for holding down.

As you said, the opposition were more experienced.
Post Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:59 pm
willow6666 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Crowd - 623. Last year (15/5/11) 397. The team are getting much better. But as others have said, dodgy ref and a very experienced Workington side. Good day out though.