WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Willie Manu

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:14 pm
Airliebird94 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

berro's best mate wrote:
ive never heard anything quite like it :shock: the mind boggles

Haha, I mean it like... I prefer Saints to most clubs other than FC. Of course I wanted him to stay, but when I heard he was definitely leaving, I thought that I'd rather him go to Saints than the likes of Leeds, Wigan and Rovers.
"Old Faithful in ANY kind of weather"
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:56 pm
hatty User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Airliebird94 wrote:
Haha, I mean it like... I prefer Saints to most clubs other than FC. Of course I wanted him to stay, but when I heard he was definitely leaving, I thought that I'd rather him go to Saints than the likes of Leeds, Wigan and Rovers.

So he's basically left one second rate club to join another....class move :CRAZY:
Wigan warriors 2013 at the DOUBLE
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:13 pm
Northampton_Saint User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

hatty wrote:
So he's basically left one second rate club to join another....class move :CRAZY:

**** off back under your bridge.
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:34 pm
No1 Saint User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Back in the badlands of the metropolitan borough of Wigoon
hatty wrote:

:SLEEPY:
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:10 pm
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Cragganmore Kid wrote:
Although, I do suspect that some are simply holding this line as it allows them to gather more 'evidence' to support criticism of the current regime (board, coach, appointment of future coach etc).

:lol:
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:32 pm
Blobbynator User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

It's one of the best signings we've made in years in my view. We're crying out for some good attacking players who will scare teams and Manu will do just that.

If you look at his stats, he is an all round package - 2nd most tackle busts in the league, high up in the offloading stats (something we severely lack IMO), yet his defensive stats and workrate are also fantastic - almost 400 tackles made this season.

He's missed 3 games in 3 years, so despite his age time hasn't caught up with him yet and he still offers alot. He's a fantastic signing IMO, over the moon we've got him.

One for Saintsfan - he was a year before you started watching but we had a player called Paul Anderson who was 33 when he signed for us. He was brilliant for Bradford, but lost his way in the last 18 months. Saints took a punt on him because we needed some size and impact and he was sensational for us.
[quote="Meyt N Prater Pie"]I think I hate wigan.[/quote]
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:38 pm
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Blobbynator wrote:
It's one of the best signings we've made in years in my view. We're crying out for some good attacking players who will scare teams and Manu will do just that.

If you look at his stats, he is an all round package - 2nd most tackle busts in the league, high up in the offloading stats (something we severely lack IMO), yet his defensive stats and workrate are also fantastic - almost 400 tackles made this season.

He's missed 3 games in 3 years, so despite his age time hasn't caught up with him yet and he still offers alot. He's a fantastic signing IMO, over the moon we've got him.

One for Saintsfan - he was a year before you started watching but we had a player called Paul Anderson who was 33 when he signed for us. He was brilliant for Bradford, but lost his way in the last 18 months. Saints took a punt on him because we needed some size and impact and he was sensational for us.

Can Manu kick goals as well??????? :ASK:
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:53 pm
Cragganmore Kid User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

SaintsFan wrote:
:lol:

You don't agree?
I READ THE AUP BUT PREFERRED THE MOVIE
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:01 pm
The Chair Maker User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

A backrow of Soliola, Manu with Wilkin loose forward is a pretty frightening prospect for opposition teams.

What makes it even more impressive is that you can then bring Puletua on from the bench who can wreck havoc in midfield.

All we need now are some pacey threequarters.
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:03 pm
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Blobbynator wrote:

Wasn't Paul Anderson a prop? I don't know; I'm just asking. If Manu had been a feisty prop I'd be doing dances in the street as that is just what we need and I wouldn't care whether he was 32 or 102. What we don't need is a 32 year old back row forward. IMO, obviously.

I have watched Anderson kick his only conversion though. Who hasn't seen that gem of RL footage?
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
PreviousNext