PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Featherstone pre match entertainment - Northern Rail Cup

Board index Kingstone Press Championship Keighley Cougars Featherstone pre match entertainment - Northern Rail Cup

Dubane Stevo's Armpit

I've been busy trying to organise pre match entertainment for this thursday's nights game against Featherstone Rovers in the Northern Rail cup quarter finals. This is the line up at present subject to confirmations.

Local Singer Brogan hird will be back at cougar park singing a few cover versions.
Bradford Zumba Dancers will be back doing a routine at halftime.

A local girl called Georgia who is aged 13 will also be performing a few songs for your entertainment, we also have another local performer called abby who will also be belting out a few tunes for ya.

Please come down early and show your support to these entertainers who give up their time and perform for free to entertain you.
Wooden Stand Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Great work - we like Brogan - but look forward to seeing the others. Get em to perform on the centre spot if the radio mike is working ok.
Dubane Stevo's Armpit

Centre spot is difficult for singers without in ear monitoring systems because of the delay in sound reaching them. That's why they sing in front of the main stand so there's no delay.
obeone User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Dont bring the belly dancer back.She would be ok in my front room,but Cougar park,i dont think so
Dubane Stevo's Armpit

Lol she wasn't a belly dancer, she actually had loads of tiny bells around her waist which were jingling. The problem was you couldn't hear them all around the ground.
goosey Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Sorry but a belly dancer or a ballad singer, kills the atmosphere, as good as they are. The speakers are not 100% and have loads of echo. We should be uplifting and getting the crowds involved - ok if you sit in the stand on the first two rows.
MR_BISTO Stevo's Armpit

Location: in the streets, in the gutter looking for some bread and butter
That’s a bit strong. I think Brogan Hird is top notch and enjoy listening to her. Sundays entertainment was bizarre, not necessarily rubbish but I’m not sure it was suitable. That dancing guy had me in stitches though!

What would you suggest as entertainment if singers and musicians aren’t good enough?

I'm in a rock band that has recorded in California, toured in Texas and all over the UK. I have considered offering to play but have been thinking of a way to get us hooked up to the PA before offering. There’s no point in me offering until I have a solution to that.
666 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reminded me of 'Jethro Tull' on Sunday - especailly when the bare-topped hippy started ju=igging around - I missed his flute though!

That said, I thought that Freddy was brilliant!
Dubane Stevo's Armpit

Getting entertainment with a budget of zero is not always easy and anyone who comes down and performs for free always deserves some appreciation.

We have three local singers lined up for Thursday nights game:

Brogan hird -
Georgia wowk - a local 13 year old girl who will perform a couple of tracks for you.
Louisa - another local girl who will perform for you.

Unfortunately the other singer cannot make this week due to work commitments but Abby said she looks forward to performing down here.

Followed by the Zumba dancers at halftime.
burleycougar User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

At the end of the day if performers are offering services for free then people shouldn't moan too much !
".....it's Nick Pinkney ......Oh yes Oh yes OH YESSSSS........ Nick Pinkney Scores.....
Jonothan Davies wipe my boots ......... Because he couldn't catch Nick Pinkney....... ". Match Comm' from Dvd. .

Keighley Cougars ..... The best Super League club outside of the Super League .... :)
Next