PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Gutted!

Re: Gutted!

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:22 pm
Gronk! User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Prestwich Red wrote:
By the way so you think Chase is English do you ?

Yes.

He lives & works here and is in his 4th year, has made his intentions clear to obtain citizenship and has a family over here now too. I consider Rangi Chase (and his 50% tax rate) more English than anyone on the dole, who is being supported by people like Chase :thumb:

The chanting was just about. Changi not being English. That's It. Certainly nothing malicious!

Yet Salford fans are the only ones who decided to make an issue out of it.

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:26 pm
Branny User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Went to Coldplay at the Etihad so missed it.

We're dropping too many points against teams around us to make the top 8. HKR at home, Wakey away, Bradford at home, Cas home and away. Not good enough.
"GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:17 am
Ave It! User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

alkermagic wrote:
Why do we always do it! Castleford were dire! Why do we drop down to their level?!?!?

Gutted but expected champ. We'll play well against Saints next game and everyone will laud them. To me they need shooting, season over because of our own shiteness if thats even a word!!!!
Salford RLFC
Folly ARLFC

Good john wilky last looked out
on the pitch at salford.
when the snow lay round about
deep and crisp and even
brightly played the lads that night
though the frost was cruelllll
when poor swinton scored a try
we had 94urrrrrrrrrr

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:25 am
Fungus The Muffin Man User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Gronk! wrote:
Yes.

Yet Salford fans are the only ones who decided to make an issue out of it.

No it's Castleford fans like you making an issue of it. Ours was just banter aimed at a key player to attempt to rile him.

Even your own fans are saying it's not malicious over on your own board. Get a life you 12 fingered Yorkshire loser.

spooneryork wrote:
:shock: There's more chance of Labour getting re-elected than Salfords new stadium ever getting built.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:28 am
Red Preacher User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gronk! wrote:
I consider Rangi Chase (and his 50% tax rate) more English than anyone on the dole, who is being supported by people like Chase :thumb:

Your assertion, correct me if I am wrong, is that the amount of tax one pays, in percentage terms, determines how English one is? Thus, you are suggesting that Rangi Chase is more English than the queen, for example? That's an interesting and perhaps bizarre perspective on what constitutes Englishness.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:46 am
RED MOUNTAIN Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Chase appeared to be revelling in the banter with the Salford fans, with his constant childish gesticulating towards the away fans when behind the sticks.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:57 am
Gronk! User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Red Preacher wrote:
Your assertion, correct me if I am wrong, is that the amount of tax one pays, in percentage terms, determines how English one is? Thus, you are suggesting that Rangi Chase is more English than the queen, for example? That's an interesting and perhaps bizarre perspective on what constitutes Englishness.

The Queen is an interesting choice, what with the royal family being of German descent :wink:

I believe anyone who contributes to the country and not only lives here but intends to become a citizen should be classed as British. I'd rather have 100,000 Rangi Chase's in the country over 100,000 people on the dole who can't be bothered even looking for work.

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:37 am
Prestwich Red User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Gronk! wrote:
The Queen is an interesting choice, what with the royal family being of German descent :wink:

I believe anyone who contributes to the country and not only lives here but intends to become a citizen should be classed as British. I'd rather have 100,000 Rangi Chase's in the country over 100,000 people on the dole who can't be bothered even looking for work.

I am of Irish Descent but consider myself English as I was born here.
I could play for Ireland or England at RL if I was good enough :)
This is due to the fact my Father was Irish and my Mother English.
Rangi Chase played for NZ Maoris and also the youth set up in his early days, he has not one bit of English blood in him.
Just because he has played over here for a number of years and wants to become a British Citizen does not make him British or English.
I use the same rule for cricketers, athletes or any other sportsperson who decides to suddenly become English.
If they are not good enough for their own country of birth then they are not good enough for us.
As for the dole comment.
I have lots of friends who have suddenly found them selves out of work and having to claim dole.
These are not freeloaders but people who due to the economic situation have found themselves out of work with little hope at present of getting back into employment.
Get back to reading the Daily Mail and be thankful you are one of the lucky ones with a job

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:46 am
RED MOUNTAIN Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

[quote="Gronk!"]The Queen is an interesting choice, what with the royal family being of German descent

Queen Elizabeth II was born at 17 Bruton Street, London ENGLAND on 21st April, 1926

Rangi Chase (born (1986-04-11) 11 April 1986 (age 26) in Dannevirke, New Zealand) :SUBMISSION:

Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:54 am
Gronk! User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Prestwich Red wrote:
I have lots of friends who have suddenly found them selves out of work and having to claim dole.
These are not freeloaders but people who due to the economic situation have found themselves out of work with little hope at present of getting back into employment.
Get back to reading the Daily Mail and be thankful you are one of the lucky ones with a job

I know there's a lot of people who are on the dole actively looking for work, but there's also a lot who don't bother looking for the work because they think being on the dole is easy money.

As for the Daily Mail, who wastes money on that rag? Or any paper for that matter.
PreviousNext