PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Cladding

Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:51 pm
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

bewareshadows wrote:
I think the staffing issue is a red herring.

I disagree. I disagree firstly because how staff are treated is never a red herring but secondly, I am simply following through my own initial point which rested on staff AND paying customers.

In the end it's about the paying customers. Never forget, it maybe sport, it maybe entertainment, but the minute sport went pro, it became a business and in business those who pay are called customers.

Exactly, which is why the staff issue is not a red herring. McManus has spoken of Saints being a business. There are two sides to that coin. If Saints can charge a fiver for putting your birthday wishes on the scoreboard then they can also ensure the health and safety requirements are met in relation to their customers AND their staff. In addition there is also the point that any business not providing the most customer-friendly service will ultimately pay the price, as you suggest.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:04 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

SaintsFan wrote:
I disagree. I disagree firstly because how staff are treated is never a red herring but secondly, I am simply following through my own initial point which rested on staff AND paying customers.

Exactly, which is why the staff issue is not a red herring. McManus has spoken of Saints being a business. There are two sides to that coin. If Saints can charge a fiver for putting your birthday wishes on the scoreboard then they can also ensure the health and safety requirements are met in relation to their customers AND their staff. In addition there is also the point that any business not providing the most customer-friendly service will ultimately pay the price, as you suggest.

I thi k it's £10 for your name on scoreboard when I enquiried about it, which I told them to go and get stuffed.
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:30 pm
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

St pete wrote:
I thi k it's £10 for your name on scoreboard when I enquiried about it, which I told them to go and get stuffed.

Doubled in price since my friend arranged it in that case. She organised it about two months ago.
Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. (Winston Churchill)
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:38 pm
St pete User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

SaintsFan wrote:
Doubled in price since my friend arranged it in that case. She organised it about two months ago.

They may have dropped the price then. I know for fact it was £10 when we played Catalan at home.

I paid for a hospitality package for 8 people for someone's birthday which wasn't cheap (really good tho) and while I booked I asked them to put the name on scoreboard and she told me its a extra £10. I told her I've just spent a fortune and couldn't they do it free of charge and they says no.

I told them to get stuffed, I'm not paying £10 for that!!!!
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:53 pm
Billinge_Lump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Surely cladding won't make a blind bit of difference to the temperature in the concession stands?

We've been told it's 50% maximum due to the construction of the stadium so while it may stop some of the rain coming in, it won't stop wind or warm the place up.
I'm not Jesus Christ, I've come to accept that now.

[quote][b]XBrettKennyX wrote:[/b] Once more the anti SC brigade, purposely or otherwise fail to see the point.

Thick as pig swill.[/quote]
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:14 pm
SaintsFan User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Billinge_Lump wrote:
Surely cladding won't make a blind bit of difference to the temperature in the concession stands?

If it protects staff from the wind then it will, even if it cuts down the impact of it rather than obliterates it completely. Sometimes that wind has been biting. Obviously, though, a proper wall would have been better. A proper wall is, of course, what most of us thought we were going to get!
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:18 pm
bewareshadows User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Billinge_Lump wrote:

We've been told it's 50% maximum due to the construction of the stadium so while it may stop some of the rain coming in, it won't stop wind or warm the place up.

It's cladding with thermals :lol:

But it should provide some protection from the wind in the stadium, I think the wind and the rain effects different areas.

The rain has not bothered me in the seating sections that seams to be in the areas outside where it pools the worst, but the wind does blow through the stadium something cronic. You maybe right and it may not effect the climate inside at all, but if the club said such then that would be the end of it, put up or shut up.
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:42 pm
Billinge_Lump User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

SaintsFan wrote:
If it protects staff from the wind then it will, even if it cuts down the impact of it rather than obliterates it completely. Sometimes that wind has been biting. Obviously, though, a proper wall would have been better. A proper wall is, of course, what most of us thought we were going to get!

You didn't look at the plans properly then? They just had a wooden fence round the outside, not even the brick wall we have.

Bewareshadows wrote:
But it should provide some protection from the wind in the stadium, I think the wind and the rain effects different areas.

The rain has not bothered me in the seating sections that seams to be in the areas outside where it pools the worst, but the wind does blow through the stadium something cronic. You maybe right and it may not effect the climate inside at all, but if the club said such then that would be the end of it, put up or shut up.

I can understand it stopping some of the rain coming in (and the problems with wet concourses currently), but I've not noticed wind being a major problem within the concourses, I've only been in the North Stand myself though.
I'm not Jesus Christ, I've come to accept that now.

[quote][b]XBrettKennyX wrote:[/b] Once more the anti SC brigade, purposely or otherwise fail to see the point.

Thick as pig swill.[/quote]
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:03 am
D.D. User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Usual pacifists. McClennan would have a poop haircut for the rest of his days to save the trouble of telling his hairdresser he wanted to change it 15 years ago. ;)

The questions are thus:-

1) If you were to receive a new ground in 2012 would you expect it to be fully protected from the elements in both your seats and on the concourse? If not, why not?

2) If your chairman said that you would be getting said cladding six weeks after fans expressed reservations then would you expect it a) to happen or b) when it doesn't happen, get an explanation why/ If not, why not?

There are too many of our supporters who are too happy to settle for second best. They think that being runners-up is acceptable and they think that accepting a ground that has been shockingly designed is acceptable on the basis that is better than Mount Pleasant. Well it isn't. The designers have ballsed up and that is a cast iron fact. If you want to settle for a shoddily designed affair without question after all these years then that says everything about your weak personalities.
MANCHESTER CITY - PREMIER LEAGUE CHAMPIONS 2011-12
BORUSSIA DORTMUND - BUNDESLIGA CHAMPIONS 2011-12
CELTIC - SPL CHAMPIONS 2011-12
ALEMANNIA AACHEN - HOPELESS 2011-12
ST. HELENS RLFC - ER.. 3 OUT OF 5 AIN'T BAD!
Post Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 am
steve Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

D.D. wrote:
The designers have ballsed up and that is a cast iron fact.

NO - That is a cast iron OPINION.

Anyone would think you actually contributed to paying for the building of the stadium and therefore your OPINION has some weight. And before you do, PLEASE don't spout that you've bought a 5 year season ticket. That does nothing but give you admission to games, nothing more noithing less and at a price lower than it would be if you bought either matches one by one or seasons.
PreviousNext