LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS AND MORE FEATURES
Currently There are 1422 Rugby League fans online
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Daunting Trip to Huddersfield (ala Catalan Board)

Board index Super League Hull KR - theprideofeasthull.co.uk Daunting Trip to Huddersfield (ala Catalan Board)

WormInHand User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Good old psychometric testing.
Philip Larkin wrote:

There ain’t no music
East side of this city
That’s mellow like mine is,
That’s mellow like mine.

SirStan User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mrs Barista wrote:
It's on a Monday, moans Sandy. Isn't this a positive? 8 days since the last game and 11 day turnaround to the next one, then. Honestly, this chap's existence is so permeated with niggles and sadness

Good effort, but the wickets not turning this morning Shane. Sandy's whinging days are behind him( until the next defeat at least). Come back on Tuesday morning.

For top class moaning try this:

"It has been a difficult week and we had to cancel Wednesday's training session because we only had 12 able bodies," Gentle told the Mail.

"It was a bit better yesterday and we had about 15 players, but we aren't crying about the injuries, it is part and parcel of it.

So basically, a cry about injuries then. :lol:
Mrs Barista User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

SirStan wrote:
Good effort, but the wickets not turning this morning Shane. Sandy's whinging days are behind him( until the next defeat at least). Come back on Tuesday morning.

For top class moaning try this:

So basically, a cry about injuries then. :lol:

Sandercock's not going to be whining about injuries, is he - not like he's had to cancel training due to lack of available players? Honestly, I despair of you.

As for Tuesday morning, utter nonsense. You really should pay attention to Mike Smith and Easty. 4th.
Anakin Skywalker User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

WormInHand wrote:
Yes, with me. Then we concluded that it was nothing to do with fountains or vessels, but with the first printing presses that brought knowledge to the masses for the first time in the fourteenth century. The letter blocks used in the press were called fonts, and became known as the fonts of all knowledge. Fount is the anomoly. Had you forgotten?
I don't remember ever having that conversation with you TBH.

But thinking about it (A new line of thinking with regard to the word Fount).
I would say both work.

Fount (Fountain)- Fountain Pen?
Font (Type Font)-Printing press?

So one could argue that one hints to the pen and one hints to the printed word.
If you only knew the POWER of the dark side.
Paul T - HKR User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Anakin Skywalker wrote:

I would say both work.

Talk about thread drift!!!!!!!! and from a moderator as well. Can't you PM this derailment?
SirStan User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mrs Barista wrote:
Sandercock's not going to be whining about injuries, is he - not like he's had to cancel training due to lack of available players? Honestly, I despair of you.

As for Tuesday morning, utter nonsense. You really should pay attention to Mike Smith and Easty. 4th.

Sandy doesn't know how to moan about injuries, maybe he can take some lessons?

I see your "Mike Smith & Easty" boast and raise you "Tarquin Fuego". So, that's you lot all the way to Old Trafford then.
WormInHand User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Anakin Skywalker wrote:

I would say both work.

Surely you remember!

You made the fountain pen bit up, though. The printing press thing is historical fact. You can't just make it "work" by making it up as you go along!
Philip Larkin wrote:

There ain’t no music
East side of this city
That’s mellow like mine is,
That’s mellow like mine.

Wildmoose Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

"I've been rich & I've been poor. Rich is better." DLR
Easty User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

☺East-Sard☺ wrote:
I was wondering when someone would start to talk of 4th and beyond. Hey, at this rate we could win it. We're so good.

Snap back to reality.
We've come back to win the last two games from losing positions - ace. But, you highlight the pts we may have lost had we held on against Cas/Saints. Totally irrelevant. Just like the last two games (they could've gone the other way too). We're a work in progress, and happily going in the right way (at the mo). Looking back at results that could've of (but didn't) go the other way is pointless. Hey, we should'a (could'a) but dint, beat Bradford. Imagine that.

I've shown optimism for the squad all year in the face of many Rovers fans who have discredited the side. We finally stick a run of games together and I'm meant to adopt the opposite mentality. I believe in the squad and Sandercock and feel comfortable talking up a side that many have wrote off all year.

You mention a could've attitude I adopted with the Saints & Cas games, Surely it's the same could've attitude you mention if roles are reversed. We however won against Warrington and Hull.
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.
gingerspice Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Easty wrote:
I've shown optimism for the squad all year in the face of many Rovers fans who have discredited the side. We finally stick a run of games together and I'm meant to adopt the opposite mentality. I believe in the squad and Sandercock and feel comfortable talking up a side that many have wrote off all year.

You mention a could've attitude I adopted with the Saints & Cas games, Surely it's the same could've attitude you mention if roles are reversed. We however won against Warrington and Hull.

Good post easty I'm now starting to believe in the team and foremost sandy it's just took a while for things to happen but he does seem to be the real deal.
PreviousNext