PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wolves MND Charity Shirts

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Wolves MND Charity Shirts

Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:59 pm
Phoenixfire User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

latchfordbob wrote:
It's not enough of a donation. I think it's a bit of a disgrace really. When you say the shirt costs £25, I take it you mean this is the cost from ISC. I don't known if this is true or not but the actual price to manufacture should be a lot lower than this especially for the training top, which would mean ISC are making a good profit out of it. Are any of the sponsors that have their names plastered in the shirt making any kind of donation?

At the very least, when organisations are raising money for charity then they should also show a break down of where all of the costs go and if someones profiting from it they should be brought to task..

How many shirts are they expecting to sell? It can't be more than a few hundred judging by what I've seen at matches and in and around town. At a fiver a go, we can't be raising that much from shirt sales.

I Completely agree with the above and have said it about all Charity shirt sales at every club.

If a club desides that they want to do a shirt to assist with raising awareness and funds for a charity then why doesnt the kit suppier itself get involved and "donate" the shirts for the purpose of rasing funds.

I used to work for New balance a few years ago and there marketing department where always looking for ways to raise to awareness of the brand and had a write off cost for giving away stock. Surely every company would have some sort of allowance for this every year and a good use of that would be a function like this!
Chris Jericho replying to an idiot on his own webpage.

Source:- Chrisjericho.com
''Oct 28 - Dear Mr Hitman 8976200, I knowledge my glaring error in mis-identifying the Dynamite Kid's accent as cockney instead of Wigan. I am just a confused Canadian and my lack of distinction between the two accents was indeed a glaring error. Thank you for pointing out this glaring error. Now shut the hell up and move on with your life.

Signed, Chris "I promise to let everyone who I come in contact with from this point on know that Dynamite Kid is from Wigan and will write it on the chalkboard 1004 times" Jericho''

My Book of Face
Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:37 pm
Dropkick Murphy User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

latchfordbob wrote:
It's not enough of a donation. I think it's a bit of a disgrace really. When you say the shirt costs £25, I take it you mean this is the cost from ISC. I don't known if this is true or not but the actual price to manufacture should be a lot lower than this especially for the training top, which would mean ISC are making a good profit out of it. Are any of the sponsors that have their names plastered in the shirt making any kind of donation?

At the very least, when organisations are raising money for charity then they should also show a break down of where all of the costs go and if someones profiting from it they should be brought to task..

How many shirts are they expecting to sell? It can't be more than a few hundred judging by what I've seen at matches and in and around town. At a fiver a go, we can't be raising that much from shirt sales.

I agree with all this. There's also the slight problem of the shirt looking absolutely hideous and the training top even worse so no one in their right mind - even those who buy home and/or away shirts every year - would even contemplate wearing it. Between that and the godawful Leeds away kit that was one ugly match to look at tonight.

As an aside, I arrived in the West Stand ten minutes after kick off because I'd been at work and I didn't see a soul collecting for MND. Full credit to the club for raising awareness of a subject close to heart, but in my opinion those shirts are an embarrassment and only donating one ninth of the cost to the consumer to the charity is inexcusable.
Warrington RLFC: The Wire, NOT Warrington Wolves

FORZA WIRE
Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:12 pm
garyhulsefan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Totally agree, £5 out of £45 really isn't good enough. Nobody except the charity should be making a profit out of this.
ONE LOVE
God bless the flag that I live under the colours of primrose and blue.
Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 pm
Roddy B User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

If I was a fan, I'd just donate a tenner and post a few Facebook statuses about the charity. Will probably raise more awareness/money than buying the awfully designed shirt.
Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 pm
ThePrinter Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
I don't think the shirt is too bad considering the colours they've got to incorparate into it. And be thankful for small mercies........can you imagine a Kooga designed MND top instead. :SICK:
Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:26 pm
mark_m User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

I like the orange and think we should use it as an away shirt.
>>>>I AM LOOKING TO RECRUIT PLAYERS NOW FOR BURTONWOOD BULLDOGS U10s FOR 2014>>>> PM ME FOR DETAILS
Post Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:30 pm
Wire Yed User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

I got mine in the post this afternoon, it's a bit LOUD, but like i've said before i'll use it for cycling.
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:04 am
mikej Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

behind the stick wrote:
I don't know where you've plucked these figures from but VAT is at 20%, so its £9 to the tax man. The cost of the shirt isn't £15-17 at all, its £20-25 depending on size, style and make, and gift aid is for UK taxpayers not businesses.

The VAT has already been explained. As for the cost, well lets just say it depends on which side of the club/manufacturer negotiating table you are sat which figure you go with. As for the extra gift aid its simple......"We will sell you this shirt for £40 IF you make a £5 donation to MND...here's a gift aid form". Its a tactic that is widely used where organisations will swap an element of price for a SEPARATE donation. Sorted.
Mummy duck is now thoroughly depressed. SHE was the one that was famous for losing five in a row........until the 2011 GF!!!!!
Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:20 pm
The Sephton Trophy Stevo's Armpit

....2p worth.

As one of the organisers of The Tom Sephton Memorial Trophy (please see https://www.facebook.com/tom.sephtonmemorialtrophy and viewtopic.php?f=21&t=521123&tsmp=1339262248)

We have designed and produced a one off charity strip for the Crosfields XIII team in aid off SSAFA-Forces Help.

Through a series of 'deals' we have got the prices down to a minimum but with an appropriate amount donated to the charity ... 5 different prices means there's a bit of variation but ... WE MAKE ABSOLUTLEY NO PROFIT ON THE SHIRTS! it's all at cost + the donation.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater

I know that Warrington tried to get the best deal possible for the charity, as they did with the Camo' shirt last year, they have far more hoops to jump through than you might think and shouldn't really be lambasted for 1, Raising the profile of MND ... and 2, Raising significant funds for them ... even if it's £1 it's £1 that the charity didn't have yesterday. That at the end of the day is what it's all about in my humble opinion.

I'll try not to go on but, I think that the shirts(garish colours and all) have done their job and more. The fact that we're discussing them now and the MND charity shows that it's had the desired effect in bringing the condition and charity to the publics attention. WIN!
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:03 pm
Wire In The Final User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Those complaining could donate £10 to charity, thus saving themselves £35, doubling charitable donation and maintain the smug factor of beating the big guy and doing a good deed.

But most wont.
PreviousNext