WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who will replace Edward Hemmings at Sky?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Who will replace Edward Hemmings at Sky?

Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:30 am
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 199
Rep Position: 19th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 0

Ruune Rebellion wrote:
St Helens v Wigan is the original derby of any sport as Lord Derby gave his name to it after watching it and as such the term “derby” was coined

Why are you making things up?

There are two theories for where the term “derby” comes from, some people argue both are true and both contribute to it:

1. The phrase originates from the town of Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England. There, since as early as the 12th century, two teams from opposite ends of the town play a rough and tumble football/rugby type of game called the Royal Shrovetide Football Match. The match is between the 'uppers' and the 'downers' - townspeople from opposite sides of the river that runs through the town.

2. The 12th Earl (not Lord) of Derby who founded The Derby horse race in 1780 (long before rugby league started) and the term “derby” started to get associated with big sporting events after that.
Last edited by Psychedelic Casual on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Posted by fun time frankie on Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:34 am
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 153
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,541

We have this Derby squabble every year it’s boring the only people who care about the derby are the fans of the teams involved I love the Hull derby because it involves my team and couldn’t care less about Saints v Wigan and vice versa
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Posted by MGarbutt1986 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:49 pm
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 95th / 77,541

Psychedelic Casual wrote:
Why are you making things up?

There are two theories for where the term “derby” comes from, some people argue both are true and both contribute to it:

1. The phrase originates from the town of Ashbourne, Derbyshire, England. There, since as early as the 12th century, two teams from opposite ends of the town play a rough and tumble football/rugby type of game called the Royal Shrovetide Football Match. The match is between the 'uppers' and the 'downers' - townspeople from opposite sides of the river that runs through the town.

2. The 12th Earl (not Lord) of Derby who founded The Derby horse race in 1780 (long before rugby league started) and the term “derby” started to get associated with big sporting events after that.

making things up simple because it's a tolerated troll, who Jean, LeBron and all the the other logins switch between.
Posted by snowie on Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:53 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 231
Rep Position: 16th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 232

Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Seriously, I’ve always felt Baz has a good television manner, he’s pretty cool and witty, and doesn’t witter on to much. Carney also has some good qualities, is quite eloquent and doesn’t seem to show any bias.

So if we are selecting from the existing team, Baz & Carney, with a different ex player ref guest every week.
:shock: your kidding me, its getting kind of tiresome listening to him drone on, getting things wrong in the chat forgetting players names, (carney corrected him the other day), I don't need to listen to how hard someones playing he needs to hold eddies hand while exiting the building and take terry with him too
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:00 pm
Riderofthepalehorse User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 62
Rep Position: 88th / 77,541

snowie wrote:
:shock: your kidding me, its getting kind of tiresome listening to him drone on, getting things wrong in the chat forgetting players names, (carney corrected him the other day), I don't need to listen to how hard someones playing he needs to hold eddies hand while exiting the building and take terry with him too

Lol it’s all opinions Snowie lad, I agree about Tez, but Baz is number one for me, he’s direct & honest without it appears any bias, yes he is prone to errors, just like our game.
Posted by JEAN CAPDOUZE on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:08 pm
JEAN CAPDOUZE User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 222
Rep Position: 17th / 77,541

As a foreigner I do not want to listen to uneducated men with strong northern accents. That precludes appointing Barrie McDermott and Terence O'Connor, as well as Phillip Clark.

I pray for an educated man who speaks good English, like William Arthur or David Woods.
Toulouse for Championship in 2017, Super League in 2021!

Avignon for Championship in 2021, Super League in 2022!
Posted by MGarbutt1986 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:24 pm
MGarbutt1986 Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 54
Rep Position: 95th / 77,541

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
As a foreigner I do not want to listen to uneducated men with strong northern accents. That precludes appointing Barrie McDermott and Terence O'Connor, as well as Phillip Clark.

I pray for an educated man who speaks good English, like William Arthur or David Woods.

you really are a sad troll, everyone can see it. You are NOT foreign, you are just a bit daft.
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:31 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 284
Rep Position: 12th / 77,541

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.
Posted by snowie on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:58 pm
snowie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 231
Rep Position: 16th / 77,541

Quiz Score: 232

MGarbutt1986 wrote:
you really are a sad troll, everyone can see it. You are NOT foreign, you are just a bit daft.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
“The bond between the players is something I’ve never had with any other club. Everyone comes into one and we’re all one group. Whenever we get a new signing, everyone just embraces the culture. It’s what I love about this club and I just can’t wait for the journey ahead.”
the Big Bopper
Posted by wigginswarrior on Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:22 pm
wigginswarrior User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 144th / 77,541

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dearingbuspix/12883114923
Jean, jump on this pal, and don't come back :PRAY:
PreviousNext