WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Our forwards
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:51 pm
Riderofthepalehorse Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 81st / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 290
Location: Kingston upon Hull
bonaire wrote:
I think Pearson has given up.
A stupid decision to appeal Jake Connors 1 match ban for clearly swearing at the referee and then not to appeal Taylors ban which certainly wouldnt have got him off but probably would have seen a three game ban reduced to two.
Some very poor decisions by the club not to freshen the squad for this season will really hurt us this season both in results and lower than expected attendances.
Pearsons outburst telling us he will get rid of non performing players and bring some quality into the squad for this season was also an embarrassment for him as none left and the quality additions he said became four reserve players.
Poor crowd for the first home match on Thursday despite the ticket offer for passholders and a decent crowd from Cas will remind Pearson that fans dont forget and you cant keep giving injuries as an excuse.
The club are going to have to find a way of reducing the current salary cap and bring in at least a super league quality front row.
I still think the whole coaching set up at the moment is too cosy and needs to be shaken up.


Agree on Jakes appeal, madness. Taylor’s on the other hand was well worth persuing.
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:54 pm
Posted by ccs on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:54 pm
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 66th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm
Posts: 3498
Riderofthepalehorse wrote:
Agree on Jakes appeal, madness.

Probably the difference between winning and losing against rovers, and you call it madness.
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:57 pm
Posted by Riderofthepalehorse on Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:57 pm
Riderofthepalehorse Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 81st / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:43 am
Posts: 290
Location: Kingston upon Hull
ccs wrote:
But bonny has just said that AP was wrong to appeal the Connor ban, even though the club thought they had a very strong case.
And bonny knows everything about everything, as he keep telling us, over and over again.


He was wrong, Connor should use his brain more in situations like these as Radders said, Taylor is a completely different situation.
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:14 pm
Posted by Bombed Out on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:14 pm
Bombed Out Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 100th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Posts: 721
I can't believe the paranoia on here were people believe there is an agenda against Hull.
The club will be in receipt of all the facts regarding the offences and had there been a case to appeal I firmly believe we would have.
The conspiracy theorists on here can clearly continue with they're own hypotheses.
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:27 pm
Posted by Chris71 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:27 pm
Chris71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 28
Rep Position: 91st / 77,446

Quiz Score: 304

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 4455
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Bombed Out wrote:
I can't believe the paranoia on here were people believe there is an agenda against Hull.
The club will be in receipt of all the facts regarding the offences and had there been a case to appeal I firmly believe we would have.
The conspiracy theorists on here can clearly continue with they're own hypotheses.



I'm not suffering from paranoia as I think Connor deserved the ban if he was abusive towards the ref, however after watching the game live and seeing the so tackles several times on the tv, Hull FC and Taylor have every reason to appeal as there is nothing in either of them. When Rovers fans are actually saying its b0ll0x then something really must be wrong.

If you saw the Dan Sarginson one the night after when he was tackled by a Leeds player (can't remember who) but he also got injured in very much the same way as Clark.
So the next round of SL if the incidenst that Taylor has been banned for then I expect to see at least half dozen suspensions as you see this happen in nearly every set. Its just unfortunate that Clark suffered an injury, and in all honesty nothing would have been called had he not been injured.

That is what really irks me and why I getting more and more disillusioned with the sport is the fact nothing is consistent. Players gob off to the ref (Chris Hill perfect example) and no action is taken, thats the frustration and why some believe there's a vendetta. I do think though that the majority of decisions tend to be much more lenient for the top clubs then both ourselves and our near neighbours who do seem to suffer stiffer penalties.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:28 pm
Posted by ccs on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:28 pm
ccs Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 66th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:58 pm
Posts: 3498
Bombed Out wrote:
I can't believe the paranoia on here were people believe there is an agenda against Hull.
The club will be in receipt of all the facts regarding the offences and had there been a case to appeal I firmly believe we would have.
The conspiracy theorists on here can clearly continue with they're own hypotheses.
For once, I couldn't agree more.

According to cas's physio, “Mitch Clark sustained an MCL injury in his first tackle of the game on Thursday. He’s been to see the surgeon today and the good news is that he doesn’t require surgery, but he will be out for around eight to 10 weeks.”

I can't see the rfl reducing the ban for that incident, even if it was accidental.
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm
Posted by Keiththered on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:57 pm
Keiththered Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 23
Rep Position: 96th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 903
pmarrow wrote:
I dont think anyone thinks our players are saints but the fact its not the same accross the board which is infuriating to most people.

Wigan being punished for something that happened in 2017 is a joke in itself.

It was reported by the HDM that we was unlikely to appeal due to having a reasonable appeal rejected the week before. Again the likes of Chris Hill seem to say what they like to referees and question them time and time again. He was picked up on sky to say to the referee something along the lines of are you having a laugh.

That is why people get angry.


.What is reported in HDM is not necessarily correct. In any case if Connor swore at the ref it was not a reasonable appeal and Radford admitted it was made in desperation. You are comparing white with black in your reference to Hill. If he said what you say he said he did not swear at the ref.

I recognise that you are upset about the severity of a three match ban to your only SL standard prop but don't let the situation make you lose your hold on reality.
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:09 pm
Posted by The Dentist Wilf on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:09 pm
The Dentist Wilf User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 109th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 6557
Here we all are again arguing about the disciplinary procedures.

The thing is the paranoia, conspiracy theories and even outrage will always be there because the system isn't transparent enough and so for me, the average Joe who supports his team, is immediately lead towards shouting injustice!!!

How is the panel put together each week, who decides who is on it, how do you get on it, who advices them, have any of them refereeing qualifications ? Which video are they using? Why isn't the video available with the sentence, so we can all see what they have based their decision on.

Its all closed doors and smoke and mirrors really. Some of that information might be available somewhere, I'm sure it is but to the average fan it needs to be more clear. The RFL don't help either. In 2017 we had a player suspended by a panel that included a match commissioner who was an ex Rovers chairman. I'm sure he's impartial but such unthinking panel selections do tend to send hares running because justice should not just be done but be seen to be done.

I guess we appealed Connors because it was hearsay with probably the only real witness the referee who is the one it was directed at and who could be offended by it so why didn't he send Connor off? He deemed 10 minutes sufficient. For whatever reason the Club didn't see any point in appealing the Taylor one's and that's fair enough I guess!

Just my opinion of course!
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm
Posted by Bombed Out on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:30 pm
Bombed Out Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 100th / 77,446

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:43 pm
Posts: 721
Chris71 wrote:
I'm not suffering from paranoia as I think Connor deserved the ban if he was abusive towards the ref, however after watching the game live and seeing the so tackles several times on the tv, Hull FC and Taylor have every reason to appeal as there is nothing in either of them. When Rovers fans are actually saying its b0ll0x then something really must be wrong.

If you saw the Dan Sarginson one the night after when he was tackled by a Leeds player (can't remember who) but he also got injured in very much the same way as Clark.
So the next round of SL if the incidenst that Taylor has been banned for then I expect to see at least half dozen suspensions as you see this happen in nearly every set. Its just unfortunate that Clark suffered an injury, and in all honesty nothing would have been called had he not been injured.

That is what really irks me and why I getting more and more disillusioned with the sport is the fact nothing is consistent. Players gob off to the ref (Chris Hill perfect example) and no action is taken, thats the frustration and why some believe there's a vendetta. I do think though that the majority of decisions tend to be much more lenient for the top clubs then both ourselves and our near neighbours who do seem to suffer stiffer penalties.


But we're not discussing Connor, any other player or game so everything has to been taken on its own merits as a stand alone case.
Knowing how important Taylor is to the team and how poor our pack is, do you not think that if the club felt they had a credible cause to appeal they would?
The panel consists of so called experts and ex players. I'm not saying I'm happy with the outcome but I think they'd know more than the lay person who studies it on a Sky replay.
This is were the paranoia and hyperbole ramps up as it's poor old Hull, they Rfl don't like us. It's a total nonsense.

There's no need to be disillusioned with the sport as that's the product on the field.
The business behind the scenes we have no knowledge or control over so why worry and let it spoil your enjoyment of the greatest game.

Anyway our forwards are all rubbish and too lightweight, Taylor apart.
( back on thread :-) )
Re: Our forwards
Post Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 pm
Posted by Chris71 on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:30 pm
Chris71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 28
Rep Position: 91st / 77,446

Quiz Score: 304

Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 10:46 am
Posts: 4455
Location: Never never land away with the fairies
Bombed Out wrote:
But we're not discussing Connor, any other player or game so everything has to been taken on its own merits as a stand alone case.
Knowing how important Taylor is to the team and how poor our pack is, do you not think that if the club felt they had a credible cause to appeal they would?
The panel consists of so called experts and ex players. I'm not saying I'm happy with the outcome but I think they'd know more than the lay person who studies it on a Sky replay.
This is were the paranoia and hyperbole ramps up as it's poor old Hull, they Rfl don't like us. It's a total nonsense.

There's no need to be disillusioned with the sport as that's the product on the field.
The business behind the scenes we have no knowledge or control over so why worry and let it spoil your enjoyment of the greatest game.

Anyway our forwards are all rubbish and too lightweight, Taylor apart.
( back on thread :-) )


Its the complete lack of consistency within the game be it during a game, from one game to another or the disciplinary and the fact its seems (due to lack of transparency) a total lottery that is why I am getting disillusioned with the sport.

The sport has so much going for it to make it a real and genuine top sport but sadly it also has so much wrong with it and the way its run.
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Dave K., giddyupoldfella, Google [Bot], HFC Boy, Keiththered and 62 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,848,59786377,4464,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 19:45
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
TOMORROW 19:45
SLXXIV
ST. HELENS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 23rd Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
SALFORD
Sat 23rd Feb 15:00
 CH
SWINTON LIONS
v
TOULOUSE
Sat 23rd Feb 15:00
 CH1
WEST WALES
v
LONDON SKOLARS
Sat 23rd Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
CASTLEFORD
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
 CH
BARROW RAIDERS
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 24th Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
ROCHDALE
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)