Posted by maurice on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:47 pm
maurice User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 40
Rep Position: 74th / 77,374

Quiz Score: 0

thepimp007 wrote:
Unfortunately I think you are right. He will also see it as what he did last year saved the club. He obviously saw last years performances coupled with no middle 8s, with at the very least Toronto still in the League and decided to keep his money in his pocket regardless of player welfare.

I agree on the Leigh fans even when Beaumont created the big rivalry always good people to come across and that first game at LSV was fantastic the atmosphere was brilliant

Not a bad assumption on 2018, we had too many new faces with the wrong attitude signed by a bloke with no affinity to the club who was given free reign to do so by the bloke providing the cash.
A number of the squad had no respect for the badge or the comp and their lifestyles showed that personally I would have fekked them all off in Feb.
I also believe he is taking a sabbatical this year but I have also heard we have an owner in waiting looking on as to how we perform as a club this season - we host MUFC Women and under 23's at the ground - its amazing the money that now walks into the stadium - the joys of being a RL fan eh
Re: McNally released
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 am
Posted by thepimp007 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:15 am
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 58
Rep Position: 56th / 77,374

Quiz Score: 432

maurice wrote:
Not a bad assumption on 2018, we had too many new faces with the wrong attitude signed by a bloke with no affinity to the club who was given free reign to do so by the bloke providing the cash.
A number of the squad had no respect for the badge or the comp and their lifestyles showed that personally I would have fekked them all off in Feb.
I also believe he is taking a sabbatical this year but I have also heard we have an owner in waiting looking on as to how we perform as a club this season - we host MUFC Women and under 23's at the ground - its amazing the money that now walks into the stadium - the joys of being a RL fan eh

Indeed! On the face of it the squad was good enough in my opinion to better Toronto and London. He obviously had loyalty to Jukes and maybe wanted to save face by not getting rid of Cunningham early as it would show he made a mistake employing him to start with.

Its really good to see your team assembled this year with a heartbeat of Leigh in it. Also depending if you do dual reg with Saints and what players you may get you could be a dark horse for that 5th spot too in my opinion
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:06 am
Posted by Bulls Boy 2011 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:06 am
Bulls Boy 2011 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 87th / 77,374

Quiz Score: 48

thepimp007 wrote:
Indeed! On the face of it the squad was good enough in my opinion to better Toronto and London. He obviously had loyalty to Jukes and maybe wanted to save face by not getting rid of Cunningham early as it would show he made a mistake employing him to start with.

Its really good to see your team assembled this year with a heartbeat of Leigh in it. Also depending if you do dual reg with Saints and what players you may get you could be a dark horse for that 5th spot too in my opinion

Hard to disagree with any of that. People shoot me down when I say I think Leigh have recruited quality. They’ve done a Bradford in terms of recruiting players from the area or at least ones who have Leigh in their hearts (Ridyard, McNally, Pownall etc). They will be a tough team to beat. Really looking forward to the Bradford v Leigh games again!
BULLSBOY2011:
'Pain is temporary, Pride is forever!'

Bradford Bulls Fan Since Birth :)
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 am
Posted by Nothus on Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:57 am
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 66
Rep Position: 50th / 77,374

They still need a lot more players imo. That squad is nowhere near big enough and dual reg can only help so much. It's also risky to rely on dr players because there's no guarantee that they'll be available week in week out.
It's a long season and this is a very tough league, I don't think Leigh will make the top 5. I think it's a building process for them now, just like it is for us really. Aim to finish as high as possible and just go from there. Boom and bust is a fool's game.
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am
Posted by Greg Florimos Boots on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 42
Rep Position: 72nd / 77,374

Their backs look decent but their forwards look mid championship level at very best and a 20 man squad is not going to cut it. They are probably at least 7 players away from even thinking about top 5.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln
Post Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 pm
Posted by Bullseye on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:18 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 171
Rep Position: 14th / 77,374

Quiz Score: 392

As we all know dual reg and loans are all very well until they’re recalled. We had a slim possibility of staying up in 2017 but that was utterly scuppered at Easter when we had all our dual reg and loanees recalled. We never recovered.

I think Leigh will surprise a few early on in the season but the lack of depth will be their undoing. Mid table at best I think but given how bleak things looked a couple of months back that isn’t bad at all.
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Previous