WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - What order do you think the regular season will finish.

Board index Super League Hull FC - blackandwhites.co.uk What order do you think the regular season will finish.

Posted by Raggytash on Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:24 am
Raggytash User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 105th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 0

Rubyred1 wrote:
Cutherbertson? And Linnet aint no plodder. Can only agree on your top two choise, think 3rd to 8th is anyones

Haha, I knew it was Garbutt - I really should read before I click "submit".

I think it's clear in my post that I have quite a balanced view. I did compliment 2 of your signings in it. I have seen Linnet approximately 8 times, and unless he's completely transformed as a player at the age of 29 - then yes, he is a plodder. A plodder that couldn't even find a reduced NRL contract. Sadly I think he'd fit right in with our recruitment this season!

I'd love to agree with your "3rd to 8th is anyones" but I just can't see Wigan not hitting top 4. Picking Leeds 3rd is a bit of a wildcard, but I think their recruitment has been pretty impressive.
The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.
Posted by mean_machine on Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 pm
mean_machine Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 12
Rep Position: 99th / 77,345

Erik the not red wrote:
The problem for Hull is there are a number of players who are coming back from injury and until they start playing we will have no idea if there are are any permanent or long term effects that are going to hamper their performance: Kelly, Sneyd, Bowden, Mini, Manu, Green, Talanoa, Carlos and Griffin either haven't come back yet or were not up to speed when they did. If most of them are OK then the team should be competitive. The other big if is how well Matongo, Bienik, Litten and Lane in particular progress. I'm not bursting with confidence but I'm hopeful.

Meanwhile we have the comedy from the unwelcome dobbins intruders (where have they been the last 2 years?) somehow thinking that a side that avoided the MPG on points difference thanks to a Widnes side that was trying to lose is now top 4 material. Fat Mose is going to be a real force with interchanges down to 8 and Fanny McGuire and Lunt booking 2 of them for their early injury exits.

Whether we are welcome or unwelcome that's irrelevant really considering it's a public forum. Most KR fans on here have regularly contributed to conversations, some on the wind up as well. It's only reciprocated on our board really, nature of the beast I guess.

Mose is anything but fat now, and I actually think he has lost that much weight it impacts his effectivness. One good game in 5 should be better then that, what does happen though is defensives put all their effort into stopping him due to size/reputation it creates a bit of extra space on the outskirts of the ruck which we had quinlan exploiting well, it's a big shame he is missing as he was on fire last year. Fanny mcguire, original material there sir.

What's with the sneyd rumours? Is he unhappy, homesick? or does it all sound a bit OTT
Posted by g_balls on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:03 am
g_balls Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 110th / 77,345

Erik the not red wrote:
The problem for Hull is there are a number of players who are coming back from injury and until they start playing we will have no idea if there are are any permanent or long term effects that are going to hamper their performance: Kelly, Sneyd, Bowden, Mini, Manu, Green, Talanoa, Carlos and Griffin either haven't come back yet or were not up to speed when they did. If most of them are OK then the team should be competitive. The other big if is how well Matongo, Bienik, Litten and Lane in particular progress. I'm not bursting with confidence but I'm hopeful.

Meanwhile we have the comedy from the unwelcome dobbins intruders (where have they been the last 2 years?) somehow thinking that a side that avoided the MPG on points difference thanks to a Widnes side that was trying to lose is now top 4 material. Fat Mose is going to be a real force with interchanges down to 8 and Fanny McGuire and Lunt booking 2 of them for their early injury exits.

Also missed out on top spot by points difference :lol:
East Hull Is Wonderful!
Posted by Erik the not red on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:26 am
Erik the not red Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 14
Rep Position: 97th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 396

You conveniently failed to continue your highlighting to the end of the sentence. The dobbins were never in contention for the top spot and Widnes had everything to gain by not winning. Now bog off and go and dig some new floodlight pylon foundations.
Posted by LifeLongHKRFan on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:51 pm
LifeLongHKRFan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 22
Rep Position: 89th / 77,345

Quiz Score: 328

Erik the not red wrote:
You conveniently failed to continue your highlighting to the end of the sentence. The dobbins were never in contention for the top spot and Widnes had everything to gain by not winning. Now bog off and go and dig some new floodlight pylon foundations.

Has a Hull KR player/fan/employee slept with your Mr/Mrs or something? You're hatred for Rovers is worrying considering ateotd its just a game.
Posted by Mr Incredihull on Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Mr Incredihull User avatar

Wigan
Leeds
Saints
Cas
Wire
Wakey
Cats
Hull