WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wolfpack Beat Toulouse in Toronto Thriller

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Wolfpack Beat Toulouse in Toronto Thriller

Posted by Hopie on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:55 pm
Hopie User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Saw Toulouse lose to Toronto at Magic, no video ref there so Toronto got tries they should not have got.

If there is no video ref available in Toronto then they should not be allowed to host a million pound game, and surely they should not be allowed in Super league as the facilities are not up to standard.
“You are playing a game of football this afternoon but more than that you are playing for England, and more even than that, you are playing for right versus wrong. You will win because you have to win. Don’t forget that message from home. England expects every one of you to do his duty.”
Posted by Call Me God on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:06 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,300

Quiz Score: 0

Hopie wrote:
Saw Toulouse lose to Toronto at Magic, no video ref there so Toronto got tries they should not have got.

If there is no video ref available in Toronto then they should not be allowed to host a million pound game, and surely they should not be allowed in Super league as the facilities are not up to standard.

A game with a supposed £1,000,000 on the line needs every technology available in place......or the sport leaves itself open to further ridicule.....more so than it is now with the lead RL story on the BBC website being about a player biting another..
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by WakeyTrin1873 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:13 pm
WakeyTrin1873 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

ThePrinter wrote:
You’re speculating as well on the assumption that the following 60 mins following the MCB ‘try’ play out the exact same.

Where did I say that? I only pointed out that Toronto should have been 4 points behind where ended up.

The winner of the game means absolutely nothing to me, I just hate to see such a blatant call judged incorrectly.
Posted by ThePrinter on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:00 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
WakeyTrin1873 wrote:
Where did I say that? I only pointed out that Toronto should have been 4 points behind where ended up.

You said Toulouse shouldn’t have been thinking of Drop Goals so you assumed the next 60 mins played out the same. If MCB is pinged for a knock on then Toulouse could’ve knocked on a tackle or two later coming away from their line and concede a try from the field position gifted to Toronto.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by Call Me God on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:08 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,300

ThePrinter wrote:
If MCB is pinged for a knock on then Toulouse could’ve knocked on a tackle or two later coming away from their line and concede a try from the field position gifted to Toronto.

JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by ThePrinter on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:15 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Call Me God wrote:

Yes I know it’s an IF but it’s no different from the IF that try was disallowed the game would’ve turned out to be a Toulouse win.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by WakeyTrin1873 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:19 pm
WakeyTrin1873 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

ThePrinter wrote:
You said Toulouse shouldn’t have been thinking of Drop Goals so you assumed the next 60 mins played out the same. If MCB is pinged for a knock on then Toulouse could’ve knocked on a tackle or two later coming away from their line and concede a try from the field position gifted to Toronto.

No, no I didn’t assume anything. Read it back and give your head a shake...
Posted by pandamonium on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:22 pm
pandamonium User avatar
Stevo's Armpit

HXSparky wrote:
This is also why TWP are (imo) going to struggle in the medium term. Their model is based on wealthy benefactors with plenty of free tickets, with a lot of supporters seeming to spend more time in the beer tent than watching the game.

A person in the beer tent has paid their way in. The team doesn't get additional revenue based on the % of minutes their eyeballs are directed at the field of play. On the other hand, a person sitting at home watching the game on telly isn't putting money into their club, even if they have perfect recall of every play for the past 120 years.

The beer garden is part of what brings new fans in ... appreciation of the sport comes later. Wolfpack understand that they are first and foremost in the entertainment business.

Free space for Call Me God to have a word about free tickets: _______________________________________________________________________________
Posted by Durham Giant on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 pm
Durham Giant User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,300

pandamonium wrote:
A person in the beer tent has paid their way in. The team doesn't get additional revenue based on the % of minutes their eyeballs are directed at the field of play. On the other hand, a person sitting at home watching the game on telly isn't putting money into their club, even if they have perfect recall of every play for the past 120 years.

The beer garden is part of what brings new fans in ... appreciation of the sport comes later. Wolfpack understand that they are first and foremost in the entertainment business.

Free space for Call Me God to have a word about free tickets: _______________________________________________________________________________

Sounds to me like their chief exec should not just be running Toronto but SL as well.

Selling entertainment is what the rfl have forgotten to do.

RU sells corporate packages which makes RU millions.

If beer tents do the same for Toronto well done I say
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????
Posted by Ste100Centurions on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:36 pm
Ste100Centurions Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,300

WakeyTrin1873 wrote:
True but they shouldn’t even have been thinking about drop goals, Toronto should have been 4 points behind where they were.

Maybe more with only 12 on the field *as should have been* !
PreviousNext