WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - London @ home

Board index Qualifiers Eights Hull KR London @ home

Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 am
Posted by fun time frankie on Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:48 am
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Posts: 6715
Location: east east hull
[quote="R.B.A"]We will quite probably need to win both of our remaining fixtures to avoid the MPG. The 10 point safety figure isn't as clear cut this year.[/quote]



I can’t see Toronto beating Widnes and Leeds
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:22 am
Posted by Mild Rover on Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:22 am
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 10493
Location: Leicestershire.
I reckon they’ll be favourites vs Widnes. If Leeds win by a decent score against Fax next week, they’ll be effectively, if possibly not mathematically safe. Would they then come out all guns blazing versus Toronto in the final game?

I suppose if Toronto beat Widnes, the Vikings will likely have nothing to play for against us - but equally nothing to lose.

The top 4 all have games against the bottom 4 next week. This could be the year that proves the point that 5 wins can still leave you in the MPG. More hopefully, if we beat Toulouse and Widnes do us a favour in Canada, if we’re home and hosed. Every minute matters!

I know you can point to any number of decisions, but if Child hadn’t given Leeds that iffy penalty vs Salford and that game had ended in a draw, our position would be much better. And if McGuire’s pass to Hall at Headingly... and if my auntie...
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:15 am
Posted by Zook Ema's Hose on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:15 am
Zook Ema's Hose Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 pm
Posts: 70
fun time frankie wrote:
It’s time we had a bit of the zook emas hose type confidence in reality this should be a straight forward win London struggled badly against two teams we’ve beaten and only a late flurry of points made there defeats respectable so yes we will win and I’m not in the slightest bit nervous

Never been any questions in my mind on this and yes we'll finish top 3. Any fool can see what we have spent on players we have a very experienced coach and 4 games at home. Those suggesting we may get pipped to third by Toronto clearly have not digested the fixture list nor understood the disruption factor for them

The concern for me is - so what? I started a thread months ago on where we are headed. Last night's 80 minutes was a good illustration of the last 6 years dicking about in the bottom 4. There will be plenty of chimps clapping along like it's success to beat London or better yet part-time Halifax at home but there is nothing to suggest we will be any better any time soon. In fact with a team promoted and only one down the complacency of recent years could mean there is less interest. The top 5 will be this year's top 4 and Catalans.

The current format had obvious disadvantages for recruitment. But at least it forced performance and action. I don't see how we progress to top 5 with most of this squad retained and a coach who'll be 70 or 71 when his new deal expires. Apart from Mulhern which of our squad would Wigan or Saints want? Yes the board will come out with the same PR of wanting to consolidate and challenge for trophies but this is the same board that said years ago and more than once they would walk if they thought all we were doing was surviving and trying to get in the play offs.. Again there will be those that think the new financial deal is to our advantage but it's the same for all clubs some of them already doing more than us in worse grounds and lower crowds yet better squad's. This post will be criticised as negative no doubt. If anyone can take some facts from our years since 2012 to point to genuine reasons to expect better things coming up I am keen to see them
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 am
Posted by Someday on Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:26 am
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 327
Mild Rover wrote:
I reckon they’ll be favourites vs Widnes. If Leeds win by a decent score against Fax next week, they’ll be effectively, if possibly not mathematically safe. Would they then come out all guns blazing versus Toronto in the final game?

I suppose if Toronto beat Widnes, the Vikings will likely have nothing to play for against us - but equally nothing to lose.

The top 4 all have games against the bottom 4 next week. This could be the year that proves the point that 5 wins can still leave you in the MPG. More hopefully, if we beat Toulouse and Widnes do us a favour in Canada, if we’re home and hosed. Every minute matters!

I know you can point to any number of decisions, but if Child hadn’t given Leeds that iffy penalty vs Salford and that game had ended in a draw, our position would be much better. And if McGuire’s pass to Hall at Headingly... and if my auntie...

Nice to see you back you miserable git every team has the same problems the top five have different to us but still have problems you should be happy you do not support hull F.C. at the moment if you did you would be crying lol
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 am
Posted by Keiththered on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:52 am
Keiththered Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:46 am
Posts: 800
Zook Ema's Hose wrote:
Never been any questions in my mind on this and yes we'll finish top 3. Any fool can see what we have spent on players we have a very experienced coach and 4 games at home. Those suggesting we may get pipped to third by Toronto clearly have not digested the fixture list nor understood the disruption factor for them

The concern for me is - so what? I started a thread months ago on where we are headed. Last night's 80 minutes was a good illustration of the last 6 years dicking about in the bottom 4. There will be plenty of chimps clapping along like it's success to beat London or better yet part-time Halifax at home but there is nothing to suggest we will be any better any time soon. In fact with a team promoted and only one down the complacency of recent years could mean there is less interest. The top 5 will be this year's top 4 and Catalans.

The current format had obvious disadvantages for recruitment. But at least it forced performance and action. I don't see how we progress to top 5 with most of this squad retained and a coach who'll be 70 or 71 when his new deal expires. Apart from Mulhern which of our squad would Wigan or Saints want? Yes the board will come out with the same PR of wanting to consolidate and challenge for trophies but this is the same board that said years ago and more than once they would walk if they thought all we were doing was surviving and trying to get in the play offs.. Again there will be those that think the new financial deal is to our advantage but it's the same for all clubs some of them already doing more than us in worse grounds and lower crowds yet better squad's. This post will be criticised as negative no doubt. If anyone can take some facts from our years since 2012 to point to genuine reasons to expect better things coming up I am keen to see them


Just a slight positive. We were one of the form teams at the back end of the regular season. Unfortunately did not get our top players back on the pitch in time. Don’t accept your ageist comment at all. I can get you the telephone number of the Samaritans if you would like it.
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 am
Posted by des lawson on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:54 am
des lawson User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:07 pm
Posts: 234
fun time frankie wrote:
Our attack was so slow tonight but a wins a win just hope we can win next week so I can actually enjoy a game this season stress free Mulhearn was excellent again tonight

What a judge you are mate,mulhearn different class. :thumb:
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:23 am
Posted by Zook Ema's Hose on Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:23 am
Zook Ema's Hose Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 pm
Posts: 70
Keiththered wrote:
Just a slight positive. We were one of the form teams at the back end of the regular season. Unfortunately did not get our top players back on the pitch in time. Don’t accept your ageist comment at all. I can get you the telephone number of the Samaritans if you would like it.

No sensible points to make as to why 2019 and beyond will buck the all too familiar pattern of the last half dozen. The pont about Sheens age was that we need something radically different to push forward so if you can point as to what this will be compared to the last 2 years go ahead. What we need is better value from our playing budget and for Peacock to earn his corn in attracting top line players to the club. Unless this happens we'll be here again in 2019 celebrating Derby wins as the highlight in a bottom 4 finish. And comforting ourselves that it will be better next year because of less injuries. :roll:
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm
Posted by Hessle rover on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:03 pm
Hessle rover User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:44 am
Posts: 1464
Location: Converting the west to the promised land
Sheens was always here to ‘steady the ship’ so it seems to me. A proven track record of good coached teams. He will leave us in a better position then he found us.
Sandercock wasn’t a proven coach but young with new ideas.......that appointment set us back a decade.
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:11 pm
Posted by Someday on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:11 pm
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:00 am
Posts: 327
Hessle rover wrote:
Sheens was always here to ‘steady the ship’ so it seems to me. A proven track record of good coached teams. He will leave us in a better position then he found us.
Sandercock wasn’t a proven coach but young with new ideas.......that appointment set us back a decade.

That my friend is true maybe once we manage to stay up we may get better player and 1 up 1 down will help
Re: London @ home
Post Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 pm
Posted by fun time frankie on Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:16 pm
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,222

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:48 pm
Posts: 6715
Location: east east hull
[quote="des lawson"]What a judge you are mate,mulhearn different class. :thumb:[/quote]



I am the person who said I can’t understand why we’ve signed Mulhearn a couple of years ago and that he was average at best and at the beginning of this season said Quinlan was a waste of a quota spot so shows how much I know as they’ve both been outstanding
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 20 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,798,17466177,2224,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TOMORROW 19:45
 SL8s
SALFORD
v
TOULOUSE
Fri 28th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
ST. HELENS
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 28th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WAKEFIELD
v
WARRINGTON
Fri 28th Sep 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
HULL FC
Fri 28th Sep 19:45
 SL8s
LEEDS RHINOS
v
TORONTO
Sat 29th Sep 17:15
SUPER LEAGUE
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
Sat 29th Sep 19:05
 SL8s
LONDON BRONCOS
v
HALIFAX
Sun 30th Sep 10:20
NRL
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
v
MELBOURNE STORM
Sun 30th Sep 14:00
WSL
YORK W
v
LEEDS W
Sun 30th Sep 14:00
WSL
ST HELENS WOMEN
v
CASTLEFORD W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)