Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 am
Posted by Armavinit on Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 am
Armavinit User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Tarquin Fuego wrote:
Also we need to stop referring to Fully fit squad

That’s naive

That’s a very naive thing to say. Agreed it’s been done to death but the season would have panned out completely different, if, we’d kept the first 24 or 25 on the pitch every week. The squad isn’t that bad but that fact doesn’t fit some posters agenda.
Re: In's and out's
Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:03 am
Posted by Keiththered on Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:03 am
Keiththered Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Armavinit wrote:
That’s a very naive thing to say. Agreed it’s been done to death but the season would have panned out completely different, if, we’d kept the first 24 or 25 on the pitch every week. The squad isn’t that bad but that fact doesn’t fit some posters agenda.

All twelve clubs could say the same thing.
Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Posted by Dave K. on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 pm
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Keiththered wrote:

unfortunately injuries now play a massive part on any teams season.

I'd say about half the teams this year had really bad injuries which really affectef their season at difference points, Saints, Wigan and wanted had a pretty good season injury wise and look where they finished. Vas dud really well this year with the injuries they had.

Next season we could finish anywhere from 4th to 8th based on our current squad, unfortunately I think it will be closer to 8th, unless we have another 2016 on the injury front.
    Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:40 pm
    Posted by fun time frankie on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:40 pm
    fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
    Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
    Rep Position: 29th / 77,258

Dave K. wrote:
      unfortunately injuries now play a massive part on any teams season.

I'd say about half the teams this year had really bad injuries which really affectef their season at difference points, Saints, Wigan and wanted had a pretty good season injury wise and look where they finished. Vas dud really well this year with the injuries they had.

Next season we could finish anywhere from 4th to 8th based on our current squad, unfortunately I think it will be closer to 8th, unless we have another 2016 on the injury front.

It does seem to be the luck of the draw injuries wise for most teams we suffered badly with injuries but I still think we’d have been bottom 4 what might help you next year is that a couple of the top teams are in transition so SL next year is wide open
      einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
      Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:41 pm
      Posted by Armavinit on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:41 pm
      Armavinit User avatar
      Cheeky half-back
      Cheeky half-back

Keiththered wrote:

Sorry to disagree but I do believe FC’s squad is better than average. There’s no way Wakey would have thrashed them if we’d been able to choose from the first 25. If you can’t understand my post????
      Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
      Posted by Armavinit on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 pm
      Armavinit User avatar
      Cheeky half-back
      Cheeky half-back

fun time frankie wrote:
      It does seem to be the luck of the draw injuries wise for most teams we suffered badly with injuries but I still think we’d have been bottom 4 what might help you next year is that a couple of the top teams are in transition so SL next year is wide open

Unfortunately that was the point if my post. FC’s squad was as good as most but the depth of injuries hurt us. You’re squad depth was always going to tell if you lost 3 or 4.
      Post Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:55 pm
      Posted by fun time frankie on Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:55 pm
      fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
      Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
      Rep Position: 29th / 77,258

Armavinit wrote:
      Unfortunately that was the point if my post. FC’s squad was as good as most but the depth of injuries hurt us. You’re squad depth was always going to tell if you lost 3 or 4.

We actually had a lot of squad depth as I said at the beginning of the season where clubs have a good first 17 and then squad fillers we seemed to have two average 17s which just got us by in the end and the quality we did have spent more time on the sidelines
      einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
      Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 am
      Posted by Windy winger on Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:45 am
      Windy winger Stevo's Armpit

Like most have said , I’m not happy with the signings if there the ones Pearson was saying will be first team . But maybe we’re trying to shift players on first which is proving difficult. Ideally we need at least 2 new teamers just to freshen things up . A quality winger and a good prop or a back rower with pace and size . Might take a while first though getting players out .
      Post Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm
      Posted by Marcus's Bicycle on Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:58 pm
      Marcus's Bicycle Free-scoring winger
      Free-scoring winger

Like most have said , I’m not happy with the signings if there the ones Pearson was saying will be first team . But maybe we’re trying to shift players on first which is proving difficult. Ideally we need at least 2 new teamers just to freshen things up . A quality winger and a good prop or a back rower with pace and size . Might take a while first though getting players out .

Are you still confident Jones has signed?
      PreviousNext