WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Who will replace Widnes: Toronto, Toulouse or London?

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Who will replace Widnes: Toronto, Toulouse or London?

Posted by Cokey on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:41 pm
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 44
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,300

Quiz Score: 0

Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
It’s an RFL conspiracy to get Toronto promoted

Are you well?
Posted by Willzay on Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:45 pm
Willzay User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,300

Cokey wrote:
Are you well?

No it's being sarcastic.
The Troll Collective :

Jean Capdouze

Sir Kevin Sinfield

Lebron James
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:59 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 9th / 77,300

It’s an RFL conspiracy to get Toronto promoted

I asked a genuine question.
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.

You do talk some complete drivel.

Canoeman wrote:
and for our fantastic coach; who is a man of high integrity and doesn't deserve the classless treatment he has received from many on this forum: a real gentleman Rowley is.

Just so you know, Paul Rowley is highly thought of here in Toronto.
Posted by reffy on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:20 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 40

RoyBoy29 wrote:
Why no video ref?

I will answer it, Sky only provide commentary over a feed from a local broadcaster, there is no facility for a Video Ref. Instead they used the In Goal Judges, one of these was either blind or had no bottle or perhaps both.
Posted by RoyBoy29 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:27 pm
RoyBoy29 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 9th / 77,300

Cheers reffy
Irony is represented below.

JEAN CAPDOUZE wrote:
He is not telling the truth. He is talking paranoid rubbish.

You do talk some complete drivel.

Canoeman wrote:
and for our fantastic coach; who is a man of high integrity and doesn't deserve the classless treatment he has received from many on this forum: a real gentleman Rowley is.

Just so you know, Paul Rowley is highly thought of here in Toronto.
Posted by HXSparky on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:09 pm
HXSparky User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 96

The biggest farce that could come out of all of this is that TWP have a home game in the MPG... we don't have video refs as a result... and TWP get promoted to SL (worth £1m apparently) due to an in goal judge having the sun in his eyes (or whatever). It could happen...

Of course, London or TO could benefit from an equally poor decision, but that wouldn't make it right either.

I just hope that the team that deserves it gets promoted, and we don't have any sour grapes due to dodgy decisions.
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:16 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 224

When Toronto/Manchester Wolfpack get promoted, all the RFL directors will all have a mass.... :HAND:
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Posted by number 6 on Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:14 pm
number 6 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,300

Call Me God wrote:
How can you think that London, who defeated Toulouse BTW, will not finish above them? They have two SL sides to face, one in 5 days time after their transatlantic trip and the next away from he where they've struggled all year?.....
London will in all probability push Salford hard this Sunday before defeating Halifax.....London will face Toronto in Canada.....and if we get a decent referee, then anything is possible!
Toulouse and London will both be in the mix in 2019 to replace Toronto.....unless they move the goalposts again 8)

why? you previously said toulouse were cooked after london beat them! they were beaten by a call by the officals v toronto

no reason they cant compete against a Hull KR team who have conceded over 60 points to championship clubs in 3 games, take note fun time crunchie! toulouse away for HKR wont be a gimmie, sure they could win , but at home toulouse will give any team in the middle 8s a run for their money!

HKR could easily be 5th going into the last round, leeds already safe can put the cue on the wrack and play youngsters v toronto and lose, salford if they beat london, which they should do, then play toulouse with nothing to play for too! therefore HKR, with their poor points difference could end up back in the MPG!
Posted by Call Me God on Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:00 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,300

number 6 wrote:
why? you previously said toulouse were cooked after london beat them! they were beaten by a call by the officals v toronto

1. They are cooked and won't win again. Was I wrong or did they lse?
2. They conceded a try that wasn't a try, but the missed conversion and the failure to take the 1 pointer on 3 separate occasions are more so the reason that they failed to win.....
3. I said they'd lose. Your opinion is just that...an opinion, my statement is thus far 100% accurate. :mrgreen:
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Widnes is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Posted by fun time frankie on Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:02 pm
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,300

[quote="number 6"]why? you previously said toulouse were cooked after london beat them! they were beaten by a call by the officals v toronto

no reason they cant compete against a Hull KR team who have conceded over 60 points to championship clubs in 3 games, take note fun time crunchie! toulouse away for HKR wont be a gimmie, sure they could win , but at home toulouse will give any team in the middle 8s a run for their money!

HKR could easily be 5th going into the last round, leeds already safe can put the cue on the wrack and play youngsters v toronto and lose, salford if they beat london, which they should do, then play toulouse with nothing to play for too! therefore HKR, with their poor points difference could end up back in the MPG![/quote]

Your desperately trying to put us in the MPG aren’t you with your skewed facts yes we have conceded 60pts against championship sides but have beaten all of them along with going to headingley and winning there also
PreviousNext