WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Sad situation

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Sad situation

Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 pm
Posted by Every cloud on Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:21 pm
Every cloud Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:55 pm
Posts: 1
I feel so sad and heartbroken to think this could be the end of Leigh Centurions. I have supported Leigh through thick and thin for over 50 years but the situation we are currently in seems to be irreversible.
I have heard names of new investors no doubt we have all heard a few names. But I fear the situation is going to far to great for someone to successsfully start again. I really hope I am wrong .
I hope Andy Burnham can help with the LSV situation.its appalling what they have done with the Man Utd ladies fuxtures for next season its like we have gone already. I don’t know who us to blame for this predicament but I pray we come out of it a stronger club with a lot of lessons learned.
Thanks to everyone of the players today I am so proud of you all.
LTID
COME ON LEYTHERS WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS.
Re: Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:17 pm
Posted by Draexnael on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:17 pm
Draexnael Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:17 pm
Posts: 50
We (Derek) haven't paid ground rent at the LSV for ages.. Only Wigan council intervening has allowed us to continue playing there. We got kicked off the Harriers/East pitches for the same. mickey poor management in all departments.
Re: Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:28 pm
Posted by Montyburns on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:28 pm
Montyburns Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Posts: 829
Draexnael wrote:
We (Derek) haven't paid ground rent at the LSV for ages.. Only Wigan council intervening has allowed us to continue playing there. We got kicked off the Harriers/East pitches for the same. mickey poor management in all departments.


I was going to post this also but can’t be bothered getting told stop spreading rumours
Re: Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:37 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:37 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12350
Location: blackpool tower circus
Montyburns wrote:
I was going to post this also but can’t be bothered getting told stop spreading rumours

Hey Monty, I always welcome posts by you and Peter Kay, because everyone is entitled to an opinion of what's going on, and we as fans are entitled to know what's happening.It's always good to hear what folk are saying and hearing, I don't believe anyone posts malicious messages on here .
We all hear rumours and hearsay, even facts at time , it's our prerogative whether we believe them or not, for me keep the posts coming. :thumb:
Re: Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:50 pm
Posted by Montyburns on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:50 pm
Montyburns Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:13 pm
Posts: 829
Ok why we on it Ryan bailey refused a pay cut and spat his dummy out so that might be the last we see of him to wont be missed in my opinion
Re: Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Posted by Cokey on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:53 pm
Cokey User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 44
Rep Position: 3rd / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:58 pm
Posts: 4703
Location: Across The Universe....... Jai guru deva om - Nothings gonna change my world.
Every cloud wrote:
I feel so sad and heartbroken to think this could be the end of Leigh Centurions. I have supported Leigh through thick and thin for over 50 years but the situation we are currently in seems to be irreversible.
I have heard names of new investors no doubt we have all heard a few names. But I fear the situation is going to far to great for someone to successsfully start again. I really hope I am wrong .
I hope Andy Burnham can help with the LSV situation.its appalling what they have done with the Man Utd ladies fuxtures for next season its like we have gone already. I don’t know who us to blame for this predicament but I pray we come out of it a stronger club with a lot of lessons learned.
Thanks to everyone of the players today I am so proud of you all.
LTID
COME ON LEYTHERS WE CAN GET THROUGH THIS.


Well Every cloud...............................................Has a silver lining. :thumb:
Image
Re: Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:04 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:04 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 224

Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:24 pm
Posts: 7168
Location: Sefton Street, Leigh
Montyburns wrote:
Ok why we on it Ryan bailey refused a pay cut and spat his dummy out so that might be the last we see of him to wont be missed in my opinion


I got told the club (Derek) had stopped paying for his cortizone injections....
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Re: Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 pm
Posted by reffy on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:11 pm
reffy User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 40

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:17 am
Posts: 4349
Location: Cheshire, it's Lancashire really
It would be interesting to find out how Burnham, Smith, Platt and Uncle Tom Cobley we’re supposed to help.
Raise Council Tax, Private Members Bill, new station, Just Giving Page, .......
Re: Sad situation
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:12 pm
Posted by gunners guns13 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:12 pm
gunners guns13 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:21 pm
Posts: 349
Montyburns wrote:
Ok why we on it Ryan bailey refused a pay cut and spat his dummy out so that might be the last we see of him to wont be missed in my opinion
also Acton said the same and he's taking the mickey given he's
missed the last.3 years when's it's mattered being a dick
Re: Sad situation
Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:39 am
Posted by Hanibal on Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:39 am
Hanibal Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:06 pm
Posts: 6
New member with a small amount of inside info, it wouldn't take much for a stubborn player to force the club into liquidation by enforcing their contract terms, baily not on enough money but someone like Acton could and from what I here at the moment he's not for compromising.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: kirkhall, maurice, mish, The Publican, Traffic and 108 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Leigh Centurions


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,811,8151,23777,2734,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sat 27th Oct 14:30
NZ
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
Sun 4th Nov 14:30
NZ
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
Sun 11th Nov 15:15
NZ
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)