Credit where its due
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:31 am
Posted by bellycouldtackle on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:31 am
bellycouldtackle Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

I have been rightly critical of our coaching staff this season over the role they have been playing PP in, the debacle of selecting Finn moving Hampshire dropping Jowitt, the omission of Anakin, the style of play, the poor game management, not taking the two, not having a drop goal set. That said they need praising when they get things things right.

I know it has taken them some time but last night :-

Saw the best use of PP : off the bench as a prop - not a second row trying and failing to make 1 on 1 tackles our wide.
Rocky at 7 Jowitt at 1 - Finn in the stands
Anakin starting _ always start with your best defenders on the field - Randal, Ashurst , Horo / Kirmond , Anakin
We played some conservative good sets in second half giving Leeds the ball on their try line rather than forcing silly passes and making errors.
We managed to set up a couple of drop goals.

Add to that we had the look of a team with a strong attitude, knowing that they are in a dog fight, at long last the penny has dropped that we should not be looking up but fighting with those teams in 11th to 7th for 8th spot.

So well done to CC and his staff
Re: Credit where its due
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 am
Posted by King Street Cat on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:19 am
King Street Cat User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 21
Rep Position: 14th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 268

I just hope it doesn't come down to those couple of missed drop goals. Both looked certain one pointers when they left the boot.
"Back home we got a taxidermy man. He gonna have a heart attack when he see what I brung him."
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 am
Posted by PopTart on Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:41 am
PopTart User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 33
Rep Position: 6th / 77,216

The thing that changed to best effect was the chase in my opinion.
Kicks were put in the right place mostly but the chase was excellent.
Finn's kicks would have looked a lot better if we'd had that kind of chase before.

Annakin I'm not so sure about. I'd like to see his stats in defence to prove your case Belly because he was knocked around with ball in hand.
Id far rather have Arona at 13 on is best form. If his tackle completion is high then it's worth sicking with but it would have to be Ashurst type high.

Errors with ball in hand were the problem in the first half, whether loose passes, dropped ball, or issues at play the ball. I realise we were trying to push things to get ahead but I'm not sure we needed to. That is as much a part of game management as 6th tackle plays and drop goals.
A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker - Buddha
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:02 pm
Posted by alegend on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:02 pm
alegend Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

The kicks rocky and Miller put in the air went a lot higher than any thing Finn as put up this season.That is why we could challenge for the ball
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:13 pm
Posted by Kettykat on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:13 pm
Kettykat Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

The kicking game last night found open field on a number of occasions instead of straight to man which as you say let our defence move up and get in position to defend .
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Posted by Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo on Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:51 pm
Wollo-Wollo-Wollo-Wayoo User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 18
Rep Position: 17th / 77,216

Kettykat wrote:
The kicking game last night found open field on a number of occasions instead of straight to man which as you say let our defence move up and get in position to defend .

And, even more of a novelty, touch.

What about that pin point nong distance grubber into the corner from Hampshire. Hall had no option but to kick it dead. Best grubber of the season???
This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

WTRLC 2012 to 2014 "The wasted years"

Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys" 2013, 2014 & 2015

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's right foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:03 pm
Posted by Big lads mate on Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:03 pm
Big lads mate Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,216

PopTart wrote:
The thing that changed to best effect was the chase in my opinion.
Kicks were put in the right place mostly but the chase was excellent.
Finn's kicks would have looked a lot better if we'd had that kind of chase before.

Annakin I'm not so sure about. I'd like to see his stats in defence to prove your case Belly because he was knocked around with ball in hand.
Id far rather have Arona at 13 on is best form. If his tackle completion is high then it's worth sicking with but it would have to be Ashurst type high.

Errors with ball in hand were the problem in the first half, whether loose passes, dropped ball, or issues at play the ball. I realise we were trying to push things to get ahead but I'm not sure we needed to. That is as much a part of game management as 6th tackle plays and drop goals.

51 minutes, 17 tackles, 1 miss, 11 carries, 4.45 metres a carry for Annakins stats.