WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Hudgell slates Chalmers
Re: Hudgell slates Chalmers
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 am
Posted by Bullnorthern on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:38 am
Bullnorthern Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

People with strong opinions are often classed as irritants. Reading the article , Hudgell’s main target is Hetherington not Chalmers .
The most impressive case I’ve heard against the Super League “ power grab” was made by Carl Hall ( Doncaster CEO on Back Chat a few weeks ago. His argument was based on the belief that you start building a structure from the foundations ( grassroots ) not the roof ( Super League). Quietly effective.
Hudgell’s appearance on Backchat was far less convincing - to me he seemed distant and not prepared to engage in debate. As Paul Walker comments:
“He seemed to have the attitude that he was a member of the elite”
Perhaps that’s why Hudgell concentrated on Gary H - a peer rather than an underling.
Going back to Chalmers
He has turned round our club. Not only by recruiting a good coach and protecting the Academy structure but seemingly running the business side pretty well. There have been blemishes such as the occasional outburst but all in all he’s done a good job, especially given that the joint owner Graham Lowe cannot travel and is not able to share the day to day running of the club.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:42 am
Posted by bulls2487 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:42 am
bulls2487 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

As you have mentioned Graham Lowe, he has actually sold his 50% of the club and is no longer involved with the Bulls. No clue who it was sold too.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 am
Posted by bulls2487 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:47 am
bulls2487 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

https://opencorporates.com/companies/nz/1388503
All information available here.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am
Posted by Bull Mania on Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:55 am
Bull Mania User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 24th / 76,956

Quiz Score: 12

Mild Rover wrote:

I don’t know much about Chalmers, so I was curious to see whether he was popular with you guys. Do you feel like he is getting your club back on the right track?

Overall he's doing a tremendous job considering where we were when he took over. As others have said, they have been issues along the way with his outbursts. Hudgell did make me laugh abouy him swallowing a business speak book though.

Regarding the structure, he's been appointed as one of the front man to stand up for L1/Championship clubs, hence his clashes in the media with SL chairmen (although i don't think he's said anything as confrontational as what the fev, fax, Batley or Hunslet chairman said) but for obvious reasons we're the club that will rile others up. Personally i'd rather us just be quiet and just get on with our rebuilding, but obviously Chalmers feels they are greater stakes in regards to the structure, hence taking his fight to SL. He's getting a lot of stick for his role in the structure, but IMO he's doing it as he genuinely believes it could damage the sport as a whole. If he was just looking at hselfishly it would impact the Bulls, he would probably join the SL teams in calls to reduce championship funding as Bradford would be one of the few would could survive due to their fanbase. We'd be much weaker, but probably the strongest in the second tier. Look how strong the championship is now due to the funding.

I personally don't like the 8s, Widnes could finish bottom for the second year in a row and not get relegated. They could get 3 bites at the cherry (finish bottom of regular season, weakest SL team in M8s, then MPG and still survive) and i don't think for a minute 4 sl clubs are in danger of going down. so i agree with sl chairman that it needs changing, im dead against them having more power though. The SL chairman still voted through the Stobart deal, scrapping reserves, dual-reg. Lenegan mentioing loop fixtures returning should be setting the alarm bells off.

Anyway all chairman (and i include my own in this) need to stop the mud slinging in the media, get around a table and thrash out the differences.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:17 am
Posted by I_Pitty_Stevo on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:17 am
I_Pitty_Stevo Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,956

Quiz Score: 0

bulls2487 wrote:
As you have mentioned Graham Lowe, he has actually sold his 50% of the club and is no longer involved with the Bulls. No clue who it was sold too.

To Chalmers by the looks of it. The new shareholder is FOURFOURONE Investments, of which Chalmers is listed as one of 2 shareholders.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:53 am
Posted by HamsterChops on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:53 am
HamsterChops User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 76,956

Bull Mania wrote:
Overall he's doing a tremendous job considering where we were when he took over

I would argue that opinion is divided there. Most fans believe he has done a tremendous job. There is another load of fans (including myself) who no longer attend games and just follow casually, because of some of the decisions made by the chairman.

On the face of things, people are happy because it seems stable, which is what fans have been craving for years. Whether it's stable behind the scenes or whether people are just happy to bury heads in the sand as long as they don't see the terms "winding up petition" again, time will tell. None of us really know the answer to that, only those privy to the books (and I don't include mouthpieces who make out they're privy to that info to get attention).
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 am
Posted by Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:27 am
Maccbull_BigBullyBooaza User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,956

It’s a good job super duper league wasn’t a closed shop when it started or the likes of Hudgell wouldn’t be anywhere near it.

He’d just be another “irritant”.
derek john beaumont @derekabsundecks · Apr 9
The beauty of social media is what is written is cast in stone to contradict what the author decides to say later @drmarwanK
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:13 pm
Posted by paulwalker71 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:13 pm
paulwalker71 User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 76,956

bulls2487 wrote:

Wait... what???

When did that happen?
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:32 pm
Posted by I_Pitty_Stevo on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:32 pm
I_Pitty_Stevo Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,956

4th of April. New share holder is FOURFOURONE INVESTMENTS LIMITED( 5593625 ), which has 1 director (Danielle Emma CHRISTOFFERSEN) but for which Chalmers is joint shareholder.

Just looks to me like Chalmers buying out Lowes share.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:18 pm
Posted by Bent&Bongser on Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:18 pm
Bent&Bongser User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 9
Rep Position: 26th / 76,956

There's a Danielle Christofferson who is an an Associate of Meredith Connell, a law firm in Auckland and Wellington after some years working in Oz. Could they be one and the same?

Her stated experience on the firm's website includes:

"Acting for the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment in relation to the sale of properties forfeited or restrained under the Criminal Proceedings (Recovery) Act 2009 and in relation to the sale of properties pursuant to the Insolvency Act 2006, and advising on associated property issues."

Hope there's not another multi hundred page thread coming up!
PreviousNext