WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - 2019 Super League Ins & Outs

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace 2019 Super League Ins & Outs

Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am
Posted by Ruune Rebellion on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:10 am
Ruune Rebellion Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 120
Rep Position: 62nd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:20 pm
Posts: 502
Nothus wrote:
The salary cap working as intended? Excellent retention for Wakefield, other clubs were in for him too apparently.


Like who?
Tommy Makinson - Golden Boot Winner 2018

Tom Johnstone - Superleague fan site winger of the year as voted for by Wakefield fans

St Helens v Wigan. The first ever derby
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am
Posted by Levrier on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:27 am
Levrier Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 65
Rep Position: 105th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 930
Nothus wrote:
The salary cap working as intended? Excellent retention for Wakefield, other clubs were in for him too apparently.

What is the purpose of the salary cap? It is good to see talent being willing to stay put but then again there is little financial reward for moving. Clubs now know what they are likely to need to earn to survive but the whole game seems to be going backward. Our profile as a national sport has never been lower and for all our pie in the sky talk of expansion we are getting more insular. I cannot remember a time when our big names have been so few and far between. If the point of the cap is to create mediocrity then it has been successful but it has not really brought the kind of stability that I had hoped it would because gates are falling and clubs are worried about losing their Sky money.
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 am
Posted by Nothus on Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:38 am
Nothus User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 120
Rep Position: 62nd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:27 pm
Posts: 5199
Location: Bradford
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
Like who?


Journo didn't name names.

Levrier wrote:
What is the purpose of the salary cap? It is good to see talent being willing to stay put but then again there is little financial reward for moving. Clubs now know what they are likely to need to earn to survive but the whole game seems to be going backward. Our profile as a national sport has never been lower and for all our pie in the sky talk of expansion we are getting more insular. I cannot remember a time when our big names have been so few and far between. If the point of the cap is to create mediocrity then it has been successful but it has not really brought the kind of stability that I had hoped it would because gates are falling and clubs are worried about losing their Sky money.


The purpose of the cap is to spread the top talent among all of the clubs in the division rather than cash rich clubs like Warrington acquiring them all. You say there is little financial reward for moving but without a cap there certainly would be, to the detriment of the competition in the long run.
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm
Posted by Egg Banjo on Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:39 pm
Egg Banjo User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 151st / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm
Posts: 798
There's barely a cap in place anyway. There are so many loopholes and workarounds for clubs that it's pretty pointless having one

Anyway

Kyle Wood has extended his stay at Trinity for a few more years. A great contract extension from a very proficient player
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:57 pm
Fishermanscap Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 163rd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 85
[imgur][/imgur]
Ruune Rebellion wrote:
Like who?


Not many as it happens but that’s due to salary cap and quota spots.

I do know that Saints offered a swap deal at the end of last year but don’t feel bad that neither the club or the big bopper were interested. He’d be great at Saints tbh, easily your best prop though I realise you have no intention to admit that.
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 pm
Posted by nottinghamtiger on Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 pm
nottinghamtiger Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 67
Rep Position: 103rd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Posts: 2492
There isn’t a club in SL who wouldn’t want Fifita.
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:55 pm
Posted by Fishermanscap on Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:55 pm
Fishermanscap Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 163rd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Posts: 85
nottinghamtiger wrote:
There isn’t a club in SL who wouldn’t want Fifita.


Saints apparently, I mean he’s not in the same league as Amor is he :D

PS I actually like Amor but most sane Saints fans would take big Dave instead given the chance.
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:59 pm
Posted by proper-shaped-balls on Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:59 pm
proper-shaped-balls User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 162nd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:05 am
Posts: 1189
Location: Standish - Wigan
Fishermanscap wrote:
Saints apparently, I mean he’s not in the same league as Amor is he :D

PS I actually like Amor but most sane Saints fans would take big Dave instead given the chance.



Good luck finding any. :wink:
Keep goin wit yed down
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 pm
Posted by ThePrinter on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:15 pm
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 264
Rep Position: 18th / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:19 pm
Posts: 11012
Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Newspaper reports that Hull turn down £500k from Leeds for Jake Connor
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Re: 2019 Super League Ins & Outs
Post Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:22 pm
Posted by cas all the way on Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:22 pm
cas all the way User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 27
Rep Position: 143rd / 77,548

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:15 pm
Posts: 2914
Location: advertising my villa

Egg Banjo wrote:
There's barely a cap in place anyway. There are so many loopholes and workarounds for clubs that it's pretty pointless having one

Anyway

Kyle Wood has extended his stay at Trinity for a few more years. A great contract extension from a very proficient player

I think Kyle Wood is pants. Wakey should be looking for a better 9. A solid number 9 can make a huge difference. Roby, Clarke, McShane etc....
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BRIXTON, broadybull87, Charlie Sheen, childofthenorthern, Clearwing, Dave K., Durham Giant, reffy, roofaldo2, RoyBoy29, steadygetyerboots-on, Vikingsufferer and 135 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Virtual Terrace


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,878,8511,41977,5484,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 07:00
NRL
PARRAMATTA EELS
v
WESTS TIGERS
TODAY 12:00
WSL
ST.HELENSW
v
BRADFORDW
TODAY 14:30
 CH
TOULOUSE
v
HALIFAX
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
LONDON BRONCOS
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
SALFORD
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
ST.HELENS
v
HULL FC
TODAY 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
LEEDS RHINOS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
SWINTON LIONS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
FEATHERSTONE
v
TORONTO
TODAY 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
TODAY 15:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
SHEFFIELD
TODAY 15:00
 CH
YORK
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
TODAY 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
CASTLEFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)