WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - SL1 + SL2
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:04 am
Posted by ThePrinter on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:04 am
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
AS108 wrote:
So you don’t think they do that. Look at Koukash at Salford for example, he tried numerous times to bring new fans through the gates and nothing worked. It’s not as simple as marketing their clubs to attract new audiences. Dear me, you are slow.

No answer when I asked what are all these big bad things Hetherington has been responsible for? It's almost like it's exaggerated nonsense.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:46 am
Posted by Mash Butty on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:46 am
Mash Butty User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Why are people not talking about the salary cap? Salford wanted to bring in better quality players but they weren't allowed to. Players from Wigan want to go to the NRL because of superior wages but we can't bring any players over here unless they are banned from NRL because of salary cap. Crowds are dwindling because people want to see top quality players and you can't do that with your hands tied. Like Eamonn McManus said the other night "every team should have a Ben Barba" and that is why he wants to change things. It's not the RFL fault Salford are this and Salford don't have that...total rubbish.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:44 am
Posted by homme vaste on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:44 am
homme vaste User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 14
Rep Position: 21st / 77,029

Quiz Score: 184

Mash Butty wrote:
Why are people not talking about the salary cap? Salford wanted to bring in better quality players but they weren't allowed to. Players from Wigan want to go to the NRL because of superior wages but we can't bring any players over here unless they are banned from NRL because of salary cap. Crowds are dwindling because people want to see top quality players and you can't do that with your hands tied. Like Eamonn McManus said the other night "every team should have a Ben Barba" and that is why he wants to change things. It's not the RFL fault Salford are this and Salford don't have that...total rubbish.

Every team can have a Ben Barba if they can afford it? It`s called the "Marque player" is it not?
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:21 am
Posted by Karen on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:21 am
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,029

Quiz Score: 0

Canoeman wrote:
Yes, I also heard that the quality of food at Leigh was very low. very poor fare indeed...Thank you for confirming that....poor Leigh.

It appears that it is time to put lowly Leigh out of their misery.... If Toulouse don't do it this weekend, Toronto will have to sink to their level and do everyone a favour by finishing them at Lamport....

You are welcome everyone.

Grow up and remain on topic please.
:DAISY: Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008 :DAISY:
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 am
Posted by Karen on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:22 am
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Ste100Centurions wrote:
& there you have it ....
a Chorley John-ism If ever I saw one !
Please ban this FAKE CRETIN & all his aliases for the good of the site !

Unfortunately, multiple log ins is not against the AUP
"We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 am
Posted by Trinity18 on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:24 am
Trinity18 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,029

Quiz Score: 100

Karen wrote:
Unfortunately, multiple log ins is not against the AUP

Hi Karen,

But derailing the thread (as you've politely urged him to do above) is, I think this might be the 3rd or 4th time he's been told now.
Eastmoor born and bred, hardest lad around.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 am
Posted by Karen on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:26 am
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Mash Butty wrote:

You can raise the salary cap all you want, all it will do is revert the sport back to the 80s/90s when the rich clubs took over. A higher salary cap doesn't mean that clubs can actually afford to pay the higher wages/have a bigger squad. All it will do is bankrupt clubs trying to compete with those lucky enough to have sugar daddies at the helm which really isn't what this sport needs.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:11 am
Posted by kobashi on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:11 am
kobashi Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,029

Mash Butty wrote:

I am guessing you are talking about Salford under the good doctor. I think he was all talk. He got his marquee player rule that he wanted and he never used it at all.

I have huge doubts he would have spent big if the salary cap was higher

The myth that higher salary cap will bring in NRL stars needs to stop
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:15 am
Posted by Karen on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:15 am
Karen User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Trinity18 wrote:
Hi Karen,

But derailing the thread (as you've politely urged him to do above) is, I think this might be the 3rd or 4th time he's been told now.

If we banned everyone for not sticking to the topic, there would be no one left. Ignore his childish ramblings.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:29 am
Posted by Mash Butty on Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:29 am
Mash Butty User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Karen wrote:
You can raise the salary cap all you want, all it will do is revert the sport back to the 80s/90s when the rich clubs took over. A higher salary cap doesn't mean that clubs can actually afford to pay the higher wages/have a bigger squad. All it will do is bankrupt clubs trying to compete with those lucky enough to have sugar daddies at the helm which really isn't what this sport needs.

The trouble is we live in a capitalist society and sugar daddies compete against one another in all big team sports; football, American football, cricket- whatever. My local teams Wigan, Saints and Warrington all exist because of sugar daddies so this current system has made no difference to us at all in that regard. This is also the same scenario with my local football teams in as far as Manchester and Liverpool.
The marquee system is rubbish if all we can do to attract a Ben Barba player is to wait for one to be banned - so for me the issue is to raise the salary cap & create a better quality product to attract viewers and advertisers. In the 80 & 90s we had decent advertisers and recently, well it's been abysmal. Would you want to fund Superleague? Well if the answer is no then something has to change. We walked into the summer rugby sky deal thinking things would get better but be honest with yourself....
We need to attract big backers to the sport but look at how people ridicule a backer who tried in a difficult area i.e. " the good doctor".
PreviousNext