Posted by bramleyrhino on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:08 pm
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

Call Me God wrote:
SO.......to be totally clear, you are of the ilk that prescribes that "watch it once and you're hooked'?

No, and I think you've seen enough of my posts on this issue to see that's not the case. Again you're taking the comment out of context.

What I am saying is that in an era where it is easier and cheaper for businesses to reach an audience, and when social media in particular has made audience attention spans shorter, the sport need to adapt to that.

At the moment we are nowhere near slick enough, attractive enough and, dare I say it, aspirational enough to gain the attention of audiences that advertisers and sponsors want to reach.

Put it about way, if I can create and get approval for an ad in 15 mins and reach 4,000 people in a Northern working class town for less than £200, why would I spend months of negotiating and potentially seven figures sponsoring a sports competition that achives the same?
Last edited by bramleyrhino on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Re: SL1 + SL2
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 pm
Posted by Call Me God on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 pm
Call Me God User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 53
Rep Position: 2nd / 77,218

bramleyrhino wrote:
No, and I think you've seen enough of my posts on this issue to see that's not the case. Again you're taking the comment out of context.

What I am saying is that in an era where it is easier and cheaper for businesses to reach an audience, and when social media in particular had made audience attention spans shorter, the sport need to adapt to that.

At the moment were are nowhere near slick enough, attractive enough and, dare I say it, aspirational enough to gain the attention of audiences that advertisers and sponsors want to reach.

Put it about way, if I can create and get approval for an ad in 15 mins and reach 4,000 people in a Northern working class town for less than £200, why would I spend months of negotiating and potentially seven figures sponsoring a sports competition that archives the same?

you are my clone and I claim my $5 (in BITCOIN please) 8)
JESUS WEPT :WALL: HOW MANY TIMES?????
£20 a ticket and £15 on beer and merchandise.....so an away fan is worth £35. At best, 1,000 is the average away support split across 11 rounds and I am being really generous here, so Toronto, replacing say Wakefield will cost a SL club £35,000.
The minimum turnover of a SL club is £4,000,000 so Toronto instead of Wakefield is worth less than 1% of a SL clubs turnover.

There are many valid reasons for and against expansion into America, but "AWAY FANS" isn't one of them. :BEAT:
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 pm
Posted by AS108 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 pm
AS108 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,218

bramleyrhino wrote:
They're supposed to market their clubs and attract new audiences.

Seriously, is that question a wind-up?

So you don’t think they do that. Look at Koukash at Salford for example, he tried numerous times to bring new fans through the gates and nothing worked. It’s not as simple as marketing their clubs to attract new audiences. Dear me, you are slow.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 pm
Posted by bramleyrhino on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:15 pm
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,218

AS108 wrote:
So you don’t think they do that. Look at Koukash at Salford for example, he tried numerous times to bring new fans through the gates and nothing worked. It’s not as simple as marketing their clubs to attract new audiences. Dear me, you are slow.

So what, it's the RFL's fault that nobody wants to watch Salford? That the match day experience is crap, that the stadium experience is crap, that the on-field product wasn't as good as what else was on offer in the area? Don't be so simple.

If businesses aren't selling enough of their product, they have to find new customers, they have to adapt to the market or they deserve to die.

Every club has it within their power to do the right things to increase their audience and their revenue. Blaming the RFL is a cop-out.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:45 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 224

bramleyrhino wrote:
So what, it's the RFL's fault that nobody wants to watch Salford? That the match day experience is crap, that the stadium experience is crap, that the on-field product wasn't as good as what else was on offer in the area? Don't be so simple.

If businesses aren't selling enough of their product, they have to find new customers, they have to adapt to the market or they deserve to die.

Every club has it within their power to do the right things to increase their audience and their revenue. Blaming the RFL is a cop-out.

Why are we so obsessed by attendances, hardly any teams get 5 figure crowds.
If you are good enough 'on the field' then that's what matters.
In football, Conference side Boreham Wood finished 'bottom of the table' in average attendances (684) but reached the play off final at Wembley ! (shocking, they don't have many fans)
It only looks bad on TV, most new grounds are too big anyway for our sport, and NOTHING will change that. Best sport in the world, shouldn't need marketing, but it's struggling right now for crowds, just like it did in the 1970's. Most SL games are boring/predictable, who's fault is that ? Answers on a postcard to.....
I know what you are saying as regards to 'match day' experience being crap, but that's the English culture for you. When we (Leigh) were in Super League last season, we had 'outside stalls' selling food & drink, a mini fairground, and then fireworks. But most folk didn't bother with it all, and still entered the ground '5 or 10 minutes before kick off'.
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 pm
Posted by Canoeman on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:28 pm
Canoeman User avatar

Yes, I also heard that the quality of food at Leigh was very low. very poor fare indeed...Thank you for confirming that....poor Leigh.

It appears that it is time to put lowly Leigh out of their misery.... If Toulouse don't do it this weekend, Toronto will have to sink to their level and do everyone a favour by finishing them at Lamport....

You are welcome everyone.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 pm
Posted by terrykelly on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 pm
terrykelly User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,218

Last edited by terrykelly on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:41 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 224

:lol: :lol: :ROCKS:
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:49 am
Posted by Canoeman on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:49 am
Canoeman User avatar

Budgiezilla wrote:
:lol: :lol: :ROCKS:
Canoeman wrote:
Yes, I also heard that the quality of food at Leigh was very low. very poor fare indeed...Thank you for confirming that....poor Leigh.

It appears that it is time to put lowly Leigh out of their misery.... If Toulouse don't do it this weekend, Toronto will have to sink to their level and do everyone a favour by finishing them at Lamport....

I knew you would come around...even a broken cuckoo clock is right twice a day.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 am
Posted by Ste100Centurions on Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:49 am
Ste100Centurions Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,218

Canoeman wrote:

It appears that it is time to put lowly Leigh Leigh out of their misery.... If Toulouse don't do it this weekend, Toronto will have to sink to their level and do everyone a favour by finishing them at Lamport....

& there you have it ....
a Chorley John-ism If ever I saw one !
Please ban this FAKE CRETIN & all his aliases for the good of the site !
PreviousNext