WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Charnley
Re: Charnley
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 am
Posted by Kwik Fertle on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:53 am
Kwik Fertle Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 pm
Posts: 6
It was the Wigan bench that did us in that final, rolling props on and off every 15 minutes. Ryan Bailey - say no more.
Re: Charnley
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:26 am
Posted by Captain Hook on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:26 am
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: Sunny Southport
Wires71 wrote:
Whoa just a minute. We had George King and Ryan Bailey as the interchange forwards. With Sam Wilde in the 2nd row. Smith signed the contracts for all three.

In hindsight we had no chance with a poor back and Evans and Russell in the 3/4.


I was pointing out a fact, specifically in relation to the GF, not defending TS. If you remember Dodds was injured from the start of the season. Ben Harrison was out as well. G King squad number 18 and Wilde squad number27 if memory serves, so hardly intended to be first choice.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Charnley
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 pm
Posted by Wires71 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:16 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 9855
Captain Hook wrote:
I was pointing out a fact, specifically in relation to the GF, not defending TS. If you remember Dodds was injured from the start of the season. Ben Harrison was out as well. G King squad number 18 and Wilde squad number27 if memory serves, so hardly intended to be first choice.


Yeah I know. Ben Harrison was on-loan at Wakefield IIRC. Dodds injury was months and months before and no steps taken to replace. (ie. deregister and sign replacement)

Injuries are part and parcel of the game. We did not have an adequate squad.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Re: Charnley
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:16 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 10329
2017 and 2016 were the most disappointing seasons I've seem in SL from Warrington.
The highlight in those two seasons was Sandow's 80 min dg vs Salford.
That just about sums that period for me.
Good riddance to it.

However...lovin JC.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Charnley
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:14 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:14 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1122
Location: Sunny Southport
Wires71 wrote:
Yeah I know. Ben Harrison was on-loan at Wakefield IIRC. Dodds injury was months and months before and no steps taken to replace. (ie. deregister and sign replacement)

Injuries are part and parcel of the game. We did not have an adequate squad.

I think if you de registered mid season the full salary would count on the SC I can’t see Dodds agreeing to no payment just because he was injured.
My point however was we did well to be in the GF despite all those issues.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Re: Charnley
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:02 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:02 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 10329
Captain Hook wrote:
I think if you de registered mid season the full salary would count on the SC I can’t see Dodds agreeing to no payment just because he was injured.
My point however was we did well to be in the GF despite all those issues.

I don't....the season was pants and we got lucky. I've never been more disappointed in a season than 2016.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Charnley
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 pm
Posted by sally cinnamon on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:25 pm
sally cinnamon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:26 am
Posts: 14303
Wires71 wrote:
Whoa just a minute. We had George King and Ryan Bailey as the interchange forwards. With Sam Wilde in the 2nd row. Smith signed the contracts for all three.

In hindsight we had no chance with a poor back and Evans and Russell in the 3/4.


But we still finished top and made two major finals even with this weak side. Which says something about TS ability to get the best out of a mediocre squad, even if you put the blame for the decline in the quality of the squad on him.

Name me one other coach in SL who would have made major finals with the squad we had in 2016...?
Challenge Cup winners 2009 2010 2012
League Champions 2011 2016
Re: Charnley
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:57 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 10329
It just was disappointing regardless of the finals.
The standard of rugby that year was so poor...no coincidence Wire Wire and Saints all struggled the season after when lower teams made modest recruitment.
once a wire always a wire
Re: Charnley
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 am
Posted by Uncle Rico on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:33 am
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 3560
Location: Stuck in 1982
rubber duckie wrote:
It just was disappointing regardless of the finals.
The standard of rugby that year was so poor...no coincidence Wire Wire and Saints all struggled the season after when lower teams made modest recruitment.


2016 wasn't as bad as you are making out surley? The LLS and a match saving tackle on Currie denying Wire the CC (with my P&B specs on, we were the better team that day) and it's a successful season.

Yeah we didn't and SL standards were poor ......blah de blah
Re: Charnley
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:00 am
Posted by rubber duckie on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:00 am
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 76,907

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:09 pm
Posts: 10329
Uncle Rico wrote:
2016 wasn't as bad as you are making out surley? The LLS and a match saving tackle on Currie denying Wire the CC (with my P&B specs on, we were the better team that day) and it's a successful season.

Yeah we didn't and SL standards were poor ......blah de blah

By position and finals debut it was pound for pound arguably the greatest season for TS.
....but my point is I can't remember such a disappointing season than 2016.
It's like we never earned anything and it's like without the Sandow early season form, we'd have struggled.
It's not easy for me to give an argument when the stats prove greatness...but inside you know everything that year was flawed and just wrong. It's like peeing in the wind, you might not see it but your covered in it!
....and it's like something inside was telling me 2017 is going to be trouble unless we buy 2 props.
once a wire always a wire
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Man Mountain and 83 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,748,60785976,9074,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
SHEFFIELD
v
FEATHERSTONE
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
LONDON SKOLARS
v
CRUSADERS
TODAY 15:00
 CH ONE
WEST WALES
v
WHITEHAVEN
TODAY 20:30
 CHAMPIONSHIP
TORONTO
v
BARROW RAIDERS
TODAY 21:10
INTERNATIONAL
ENGLAND
v
NEW ZEALAND
TOMORROW 14:00
WSL
YORK W
v
ST HELENS WOMEN
TOMORROW 14:00
WSL
FEATHERSTONE W
v
WIGAN W
TOMORROW 14:00
WSL
LEEDS W
v
BRADFORD W
TOMORROW 15:00
SUPER LEAGUE
WAKEFIELD
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
TOMORROW 15:00
 CHAMPIONSHIP
DEWSBURY RAMS
v
LEIGH
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)