WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Squad for Wigan.

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Squad for Wigan.

Re: Squad for Wigan.
Post Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Fri May 18, 2018 12:03 pm
rubber duckie User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,273

Quiz Score: 0

It means 2 things to me....
1 he's injured.
2 if he isn't injured, Wigan are worried. Nothing worse than going into a game low on confidence. However SW is a master on turning a team with the backs against the wall.
once a wire always a wire
Post Fri May 18, 2018 12:35 pm
Posted by Deus Dat Incrementum on Fri May 18, 2018 12:35 pm
Deus Dat Incrementum Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,273

I look forward to wigan games but with a nervousness that i dont get playing any other team. With that i dont really enjoy watching the game that much because there is too much at stake. I am sure wigan fans treat it like any other game against huddersfield or wakefield etc and that is fine with me because of their fantastic record over the last 30 or so years.
They are one of the benchmarks that we should be measuring ourselves against not just on the pitch on a matchday but also in community game participation and production of playing talent.
Over the last few years the competition has levelled out but Wigan have still shown a mental toughness in that they dont know when they are beaten.
2 very well matched teams and it has the potential to be a real classic. We will see how far we progressed in the Price era. One thing with playing Wigan is that if you do win you will have earned it.
Post Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm
Posted by rubber duckie on Fri May 18, 2018 12:58 pm
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

All my Wigan fan friends love the Wire game. They say it's no less of a game than Saints and more so over the last decade as Saints have been poor through much of it.
Post Fri May 18, 2018 3:11 pm
Posted by AS108 on Fri May 18, 2018 3:11 pm
AS108 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,273

rubber duckie wrote:
All my Wigan fan friends love the Wire game. They say it's no less of a game than Saints and more so over the last decade as Saints have been poor through much of it.

Let’s be honest, absolutely no one has said or thinks that. A stat I love to bring up when Wire fans have the cheek to say Saints have been poor over the last decade is, in that period, we’ve still won more GF than Warrington have in their entire history.
Post Fri May 18, 2018 3:24 pm
Posted by kirtonLindseyWolf on Fri May 18, 2018 3:24 pm
kirtonLindseyWolf User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

AS108 wrote:
Let’s be honest, absolutely no one has said or thinks that. A stat I love to bring up when Wire fans have the cheek to say Saints have been poor over the last decade is, in that period, we’ve still won more GF than Warrington have in their entire history.

RD the proverbial wind up merchant goes on a fishing trip and ends up catching a tiddler.
Post Fri May 18, 2018 3:36 pm
Posted by Builth Wells Wire on Fri May 18, 2018 3:36 pm
Builth Wells Wire User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 77,273

kirtonLindseyWolf wrote:
RD the proverbial wind up merchant goes on a fishing trip and ends up catching a tiddler.

The big fish stopped biting ages ago.
Post Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm
Posted by Captain Hook on Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 pm
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,273

AS108 wrote:

Indeed you have. And it was sheer coaching genius persuading Hohaia to sacrifice his career in pursuit of that GF.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Post Sat May 19, 2018 9:58 am
Posted by Phuzzy on Sat May 19, 2018 9:58 am
Phuzzy Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,273

Captain Hook wrote:
Indeed you have. And it was sheer coaching genius persuading Hohaia to sacrifice his career in pursuit of that GF.

You do realise a single blow is rarely, if ever, the cause of the injury Hohaia was complaining about? Virtually every boxer or fighter in the world would suffer from it were that the case. It's brought about by multiple concussions or, sometimes, numerous and continuous minor blows to the head. There's a great article online by the original NFL researcher into this if you fancy a read.

He played for Saints the following season. After a full 4 months pre season training. Go figure.
Post Sat May 19, 2018 11:57 am
Posted by rubber duckie on Sat May 19, 2018 11:57 am
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Phuzzy wrote:
You do realise a single blow is rarely, if ever, the cause of the injury Hohaia was complaining about? Virtually every boxer or fighter in the world would suffer from it were that the case. It's brought about by multiple concussions or, sometimes, numerous and continuous minor blows to the head. There's a great article online by the original NFL researcher into this if you fancy a read.

He played for Saints the following season. After a full 4 months pre season training. Go figure.

You need to watch Mike Tyson fights aged 19-21 then read your post again.
Post Sat May 19, 2018 12:20 pm
Posted by apollosghost on Sat May 19, 2018 12:20 pm
apollosghost Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

I've always love the Wire games ever since my first trip to Wilderspool, great atmosphere and two teams that always seemingly intent on knocking lumps out of each other even in the Locker Cup "friendlies".
Gutted to be working today, should easily be the game of the weekend.
PreviousNext