WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Brexit Anyone? (2)

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Brexit Anyone? (2)

Off-topic discussion.
Re: Brexit Anyone? (2)
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:20 am
Posted by Cronus on Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:20 am
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,033

Quiz Score: 12

tigertot wrote:
What garbage. The continuous faux outrage of the capitalist & Nazi supporting media has created the racism & xenophobia that has led to Brexit, fear of & attacks on forriners.

Lots of words, very little meaning. All you've done here is demonstrate a lack of understanding.

The policies of Bliar and the creeping enforcement of an unrealistic culture of political correctness are a major reason for the upsurge in 'populism' (oddly, a word now used in a negative context) and resentment in society that has been shouted down for decades. Continually and aggressively telling people what they can and can't do, say and think has backfired.

If anyone dared whisper 'immigration' ten years ago they were shouted down as 'racist or xenophobe'....oh look, entirely coincidentally of course, at your post. :THINK:
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:02 pm
Posted by Backwoodsman on Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:02 pm
Backwoodsman Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

A fair amount of people have criticized Johnson for his remarks ,without reading the article in which he made the comment. It was in The Daily Telegraph, the main point was relevant to Denmark who are in the process of banning the burka. Johnson said Denmark was a free and tolerant society but he did not agree with a total ban on the burka . He then went on to make the remarks about post boxes etc. As per normal the usual suspects surfaced and started howling, conveniently forgetting that Toynbee and others have a track record of criticism against the burka. What made my day was red ken Livingston calling for Johnson to be kicked out of the Tory party. You would need a heart of stone not to laugh at dear old ken.
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 pm
Posted by The Ghost of '99 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:14 pm
The Ghost of '99 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,033

Quiz Score: 36

Cronus wrote:
:lol: you have no clue what you're talking about, do you? :)

I know a snowflake like you when I see one.
"Brian McDermott, with a wry smile, nods when asked if he remembers a specific incident which made him realise he was a prick. 'I do', he murmurs."
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:10 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:10 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,033

Quiz Score: 0

Backwoodsman wrote:
A fair amount of people have criticized Johnson for his remarks ,without reading the article in which he made the comment. It was in The Daily Telegraph, the main point was relevant to Denmark who are in the process of banning the burka. Johnson said Denmark was a free and tolerant society but he did not agree with a total ban on the burka . He then went on to make the remarks about post boxes etc. As per normal the usual suspects surfaced and started howling, conveniently forgetting that Toynbee and others have a track record of criticism against the burka. What made my day was red ken Livingston calling for Johnson to be kicked out of the Tory party. You would need a heart of stone not to laugh at dear old ken.

And now Christine Hamilton (former Tory now with UKIP) has entered the debate, likening the hijab to a KKK mask but, clearly no hint of racism, just a bit of fun !
Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:43 pm
Posted by Cronus on Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:43 pm
Cronus User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,033

Quiz Score: 12

The Ghost of '99 wrote:
I know a snowflake like you when I see one.

8) Give it up lad. If you think I get offended at anything, you're well wide of the mark.

Except your blind stupidity. That offends me. :lol:

Figured out what everyone's talking about yet?
Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm
Posted by tigertot on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:37 pm
tigertot User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,033

Quiz Score: 308

Backwoodsman wrote:

I agree with some of what Johnson said. I actually do not like the burka & think it is unhealthy & can be used to repress women. But banning it is illiberal. But cheap, easy jokes are unnecessary &, in Johnson's case, carefully chosen to cause faux outrage & further his position with the alt-right. A position I do not think Johnson naturally fits in. Neither do I think he is a natural Brexiter. They just fit his plan to become PM by any means necessary.
The best things in life are not things.
A member of the victorious liberal metropolitan elite.
Post Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:32 pm
Posted by wrencat1873 on Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:32 pm
wrencat1873 User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,033

Quiz Score: 0

tigertot wrote:
I agree with some of what Johnson said. I actually do not like the burka & think it is unhealthy & can be used to repress women. But banning it is illiberal. But cheap, easy jokes are unnecessary &, in Johnson's case, carefully chosen to cause faux outrage & further his position with the alt-right. A position I do not think Johnson naturally fits in. Neither do I think he is a natural Brexiter. They just fit his plan to become PM by any means necessary.

You're right about Boris not being a natural Brexitier, it wasn't so long ago that he wanted to "remain".
I think it's called political ambition, although, two faced b'stard may be more applicable, a fairly common trait among many politicians.
Previous