WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours and signings v9
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:59 pm
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:59 pm
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:45 pm
Posts: 3657
tank123 wrote:
So is he getting the same as he would if he stayed for us.


Less, compared to the discussed marquee offer Wigan have discussed with him.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:34 pm
Posted by WARRIOR5 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:34 pm
WARRIOR5 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:44 pm
Posts: 111
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Less, compared to the discussed marquee offer Wigan have discussed with him.


I’m a huge Bateman fan, think he’s absolutely quality and want him to stay as much as anyone. That said, I hope he doesn’t stay as a marquee player as in my opinion, a back rower shouldn’t be a marquee. A seven is priority.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1706
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
So... what's that got to do with offering money for Taupau?


Nothing why? :CRAZY:
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:14 pm
Posted by bazdev on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:14 pm
bazdev Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:19 pm
Posts: 569
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Why couldn't we go near it? We have a marquee spot which means we can offer him whatever with only minimal showing on the cap.
Bateman isn't going for money, it's for the opportunity to experience Aus and test himself in the world's best league.


If we matched their offer there would be no decision to make as he would stay here for his daughter. He is going for the money and who can blame him. Its a massive pay rise
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 pm
Posted by jonh on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 3:21 pm
Posts: 16729
Location: educating League Freak on all things rugby league
Given the current climate at the club I just can’t see rumours of Bateman being offered Marquee money as realistic.

Good player loads of heart tough as they come and totally committed. Worthy of Marquee status? Absolutely not.

I think that we haven’t had a top quality backrow in the squad since Hoffman’s spell with us clouds people’s judgement of his ability.

Decent player without doubt but putting it in perspective Isa probably an underwhelming signing but a good pro, Farrell poor, Tomkins poor, relatively speaking in that company I think his ability is somewhat magnified.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 pm
Posted by Sweaty Betty's on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 pm
Sweaty Betty's Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:13 pm
Posts: 591
Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Bateman? Nope.


How can you justify that comment?
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1706
jonh wrote:
Given the current climate at the club I just can’t see rumours of Bateman being offered Marquee money as realistic.

Good player loads of heart tough as they come and totally committed. Worthy of Marquee status? Absolutely not.

I think that we haven’t had a top quality backrow in the squad since Hoffman’s spell with us clouds people’s judgement of his ability.

Decent player without doubt but putting it in perspective Isa probably an underwhelming signing but a good pro, Farrell poor, Tomkins poor, relatively speaking in that company I think his ability is somewhat magnified.


Farrell poor? You need to give your head a wobble mate. Farrell has performed to a very good standard consistently since he first came into the 1st team. World class? Perhaps not but poor? Never in a million years could you class Liam Farrell as poor as a Superleague 2nd row. His form has seldomly dipped over a long, sustained period and his fitness has been outstanding. He’s rarely been injured and rarely had a run of bad games. I’m glad he plays for us and not against us that’s for sure.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1706
Listening to Shaun Wane on Wigan TV this week in his pre match interview, he says he sees JB as Lockers replacement when he retires. I’m clutching at straws I know, but maybe that’s an indication that he may stay after all?
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 am
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 22020
Location: WIGAN
Bigredwarrior wrote:
Farrell poor? You need to give your head a wobble mate. Farrell has performed to a very good standard consistently since he first came into the 1st team. World class? Perhaps not but poor? Never in a million years could you class Liam Farrell as poor as a Superleague 2nd row. His form has seldomly dipped over a long, sustained period and his fitness has been outstanding. He’s rarely been injured and rarely had a run of bad games. I’m glad he plays for us and not against us that’s for sure.


I read a comment on here the other day that he’s been rubbish for years and I couldn’t quite believe my eyeballs. The guy has to be the most underrated player in the whole of superleague. He’s not on his own in seemingly having multiple years of top performances tossed aside due to a few iffy ones in the last three weeks but it’s just absurd! At Magic three weeks ago the bloke made just shy of 200m and 30 tackles and it’s a similar story whenever the big games come round.

As I say a number of lads have been accused of being dreadful players these last few weeks even though before that they were having fantastic seasons (Flower, Clubb, Isa etc) but I find no criticism sadder then ‘the odd’ comment I’ve seen dished out about Farrell. He’s a victim of his own consistently high standards.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1706
NickyKiss wrote:
I read a comment on here the other day that he’s been rubbish for years and I couldn’t quite believe my eyeballs. The guy has to be the most underrated player in the whole of superleague. He’s not on his own in seemingly having multiple years of top performances tossed aside due to a few iffy ones in the last three weeks but it’s just absurd! At Magic three weeks ago the bloke made just shy of 200m and 30 tackles and it’s a similar story whenever the big games come round.

As I say a number of lads have been accused of being dreadful players these last few weeks even though before that they were having fantastic seasons (Flower, Clubb, Isa etc) but I find no criticism sadder then ‘the odd’ comment I’ve seen dished out about Farrell. He’s a victim of his own consistently high standards.


Spot on this NK. It makes me wonder what people actually see when they watch a game of rugby. I’d say there aren’t many fans across Superleague that would describe Farrell as ‘poor’.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Azul, Bigredwarrior, critch67, dany1979, exiled Warrior, green machine, hatty, Jukesays, KingRoss11, Kwik Fertle, MadDogg, Mash Butty, Matt The Saint, MattyB, muttywhitedog, NickyKiss, NSW, P-J, S_Riley, The Whiffy Kipper and 193 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,763,1481,71276,9624,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 09:00
NRL
CRONULLA
v
CANBERRA
TODAY 10:50
NRL
BRISBANE
v
PENRITH
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
LEEDS RHINOS
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
TODAY 19:45
SUPER LEAGUE
CASTLEFORD
v
HUDDERSFIELD
TODAY 20:00
SUPER LEAGUE
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
TOMORROW 06:00
NRL
NEWCASTLE
v
GOLD COAST
TOMORROW 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
SOUTHS
TOMORROW 10:30
NRL
NQL COWBOYS
v
ST GEORGE
TOMORROW 15:00
 CH ONE
WEST WALES
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
TOMORROW 17:00
SUPER LEAGUE
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
SALFORD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)