Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:59 pm
Posted by Last Son of Wigan on Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:59 pm
Last Son of Wigan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,962

Quiz Score: 0

tank123 wrote:
So is he getting the same as he would if he stayed for us.

Less, compared to the discussed marquee offer Wigan have discussed with him.
Re: Rumours and signings v9
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:34 pm
Posted by WARRIOR5 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:34 pm
WARRIOR5 Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 76,962

Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Less, compared to the discussed marquee offer Wigan have discussed with him.

I’m a huge Bateman fan, think he’s absolutely quality and want him to stay as much as anyone. That said, I hope he doesn’t stay as a marquee player as in my opinion, a back rower shouldn’t be a marquee. A seven is priority.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:57 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 76,962

Last Son of Wigan wrote:
So... what's that got to do with offering money for Taupau?

Nothing why? :CRAZY:
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:14 pm
Posted by bazdev on Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:14 pm
bazdev Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Why couldn't we go near it? We have a marquee spot which means we can offer him whatever with only minimal showing on the cap.
Bateman isn't going for money, it's for the opportunity to experience Aus and test himself in the world's best league.

If we matched their offer there would be no decision to make as he would stay here for his daughter. He is going for the money and who can blame him. Its a massive pay rise
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 pm
Posted by jonh on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:03 pm
jonh User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 8
Rep Position: 27th / 76,962

Given the current climate at the club I just can’t see rumours of Bateman being offered Marquee money as realistic.

Good player loads of heart tough as they come and totally committed. Worthy of Marquee status? Absolutely not.

I think that we haven’t had a top quality backrow in the squad since Hoffman’s spell with us clouds people’s judgement of his ability.

Decent player without doubt but putting it in perspective Isa probably an underwhelming signing but a good pro, Farrell poor, Tomkins poor, relatively speaking in that company I think his ability is somewhat magnified.
Unofficially the most boring poster on Cherry and White.
Post Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 pm
Posted by Sweaty Betty's on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 pm
Sweaty Betty's Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,962

Last Son of Wigan wrote:
Bateman? Nope.

How can you justify that comment?
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:07 am
Free-scoring winger

jonh wrote:
Given the current climate at the club I just can’t see rumours of Bateman being offered Marquee money as realistic.

Good player loads of heart tough as they come and totally committed. Worthy of Marquee status? Absolutely not.

I think that we haven’t had a top quality backrow in the squad since Hoffman’s spell with us clouds people’s judgement of his ability.

Decent player without doubt but putting it in perspective Isa probably an underwhelming signing but a good pro, Farrell poor, Tomkins poor, relatively speaking in that company I think his ability is somewhat magnified.

Farrell poor? You need to give your head a wobble mate. Farrell has performed to a very good standard consistently since he first came into the 1st team. World class? Perhaps not but poor? Never in a million years could you class Liam Farrell as poor as a Superleague 2nd row. His form has seldomly dipped over a long, sustained period and his fitness has been outstanding. He’s rarely been injured and rarely had a run of bad games. I’m glad he plays for us and not against us that’s for sure.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:35 am
Free-scoring winger

Listening to Shaun Wane on Wigan TV this week in his pre match interview, he says he sees JB as Lockers replacement when he retires. I’m clutching at straws I know, but maybe that’s an indication that he may stay after all?
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 am
Posted by NickyKiss on Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:53 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 76,962

Bigredwarrior wrote:
Farrell poor? You need to give your head a wobble mate. Farrell has performed to a very good standard consistently since he first came into the 1st team. World class? Perhaps not but poor? Never in a million years could you class Liam Farrell as poor as a Superleague 2nd row. His form has seldomly dipped over a long, sustained period and his fitness has been outstanding. He’s rarely been injured and rarely had a run of bad games. I’m glad he plays for us and not against us that’s for sure.

I read a comment on here the other day that he’s been rubbish for years and I couldn’t quite believe my eyeballs. The guy has to be the most underrated player in the whole of superleague. He’s not on his own in seemingly having multiple years of top performances tossed aside due to a few iffy ones in the last three weeks but it’s just absurd! At Magic three weeks ago the bloke made just shy of 200m and 30 tackles and it’s a similar story whenever the big games come round.

As I say a number of lads have been accused of being dreadful players these last few weeks even though before that they were having fantastic seasons (Flower, Clubb, Isa etc) but I find no criticism sadder then ‘the odd’ comment I’ve seen dished out about Farrell. He’s a victim of his own consistently high standards.
Post Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:02 am
Free-scoring winger

NickyKiss wrote:
I read a comment on here the other day that he’s been rubbish for years and I couldn’t quite believe my eyeballs. The guy has to be the most underrated player in the whole of superleague. He’s not on his own in seemingly having multiple years of top performances tossed aside due to a few iffy ones in the last three weeks but it’s just absurd! At Magic three weeks ago the bloke made just shy of 200m and 30 tackles and it’s a similar story whenever the big games come round.

As I say a number of lads have been accused of being dreadful players these last few weeks even though before that they were having fantastic seasons (Flower, Clubb, Isa etc) but I find no criticism sadder then ‘the odd’ comment I’ve seen dished out about Farrell. He’s a victim of his own consistently high standards.

Spot on this NK. It makes me wonder what people actually see when they watch a game of rugby. I’d say there aren’t many fans across Superleague that would describe Farrell as ‘poor’.
PreviousNext