PLEASE LOGIN or REGISTER FOR FEWER ADS, MORE LIVE FEATURES & CLUB RELATED NEWS
GOOGLE REPORTS FOR THE PAST MONTH : Unique Users 115,772 Pageviews 5,467,188.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Very very interesting

Board index Super League Widnes Vikings Very very interesting

Very very interesting

Post Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:36 pm
-VIKINGMAN- User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Love a brew.

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:48 am
danavvo User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Salford I think, due to the stadium issue I think the RFL will take them out

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:30 am
Greg Florimos Boots User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

In all honesty what would you rather be? One of the best teams in the Championship or the worst team in SL? I would rather Fax miss out, we cant compete with the top teams in SL as can none of the Championship so why watch your team get hammered every week when they can play near the top of a very competitive league.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."― Albert Einstein

"Everybody gets so much information all day long that they lose their common sense." ― Gertrude Stein

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" ― Abraham Lincoln

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:32 am
Dr Chim Richalds User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Location: Keeping my head down the wrong side of Fiddlers Ferry..
Greg Florimos Boots wrote:
In all honesty what would you rather be? One of the best teams in the Championship or the worst team in SL? I would rather Fax miss out, we cant compete with the top teams in SL as can none of the Championship so why watch your team get hammered every week when they can play near the top of a very competitive league.

That's the spirit!!!!
You would have to be daft to expect to be able to compete with the top teams during the first couple of seasons.. but with the right investment in time things may happen. In the meantime I would relish fighting it out with the lower sides and picking up one or two marquee results against the Saints, Leeds, Wigans and not forgetting the Wires. For me that is a major reason to return. Our derby games were always fantastic and there hasn't been anything close to that in this league.
I honestly believe that with SOC at the helm this club could be very competitive if it was to return once we developed a side. I also think that the town would once again get behind a SL side and we'd get near the 10k dream figure.

Of course the transition between leagues and the game as a whole would be far hardier if there were more investment in the lower leagues and a redressing of the balance a little.

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:00 am
Koloto's Tie Ups User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

You only have to look at Hull KR to see what the right people in charge of a club can achieve. Granted being one of the best in the Championship is far better than being in the bottom of SL in terms of entertainment and success but we've got to think medium to long term. For Widnes that means getting to Super League and progressing from there.

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:29 am
-VIKINGMAN- User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

From a revenue and exposure point of view it has to be Super League, of course we will take beatings in the first few years but it is important that we can build and with Steve O'connor at the helm this club is going places. The longer any club stays in this division then they will struggle to survive as the money just simply isnt there unless you have sugar daddy. Thankfully we do have one but in time he wants us to stand on our own 2 feet and the only way we can do that is by getting in Super League. Widnes is a rugby league town and we need super league, you cannot beat playing Wire/Saints/Wigan in front of 8,000+ at the Stobarts and all clubs would appreciate our large away following.

Championship or Super League? Super League by a country mile.
Love a brew.

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:59 am
Swell User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

No teams in our league really stand a chance yet. I'm happy with staying in the Championship until we REALLY are ready.

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:01 pm
Koloto's Tie Ups User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Swell wrote:
No teams in our league really stand a chance yet. I'm happy with staying in the Championship until we REALLY are ready.

By 2012 Widnes will be fully ready and prepared to make the step up.

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:03 pm
The Dors User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

GetThemScallyWags wrote:
By 2012 Widnes will be fully ready and prepared to make the step up.

I should think so, you're on a promise this time around. It all seems to hinge on who can get a new home built quickest and not what a the team brings to the pitch, it's ludicrous (and by no means was that a pop at your club by the way).
@sjdors

Post Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:11 pm
Swell User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

But you could also say we will be, Barrow and Leigh..
Next