WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Radio Manchester sport

Board index Championship Leigh Centurions Radio Manchester sport

Radio Manchester sport
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 pm
Posted by herald 2 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 pm
herald 2 Stevo's Armpit

Interview tonight at 18.00 on BBC radio Manchester with Derek hopefully some answers ..
Re: Radio Manchester sport
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:43 pm
Posted by Peter Kay on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:43 pm
Peter Kay User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Seems we have 2 players who are holding out to what they agreed to in their contracts.

Blame for downfall lies with these 2 lads then?
Leigh to win challenge cup before 2020
Leigh to reach Grand Final by 2022

Derek to get a queens honour (mbe) by 2025

Oh Leigh oh Leigh oh Leigh

//www.tipsterste.fabpage.com/

[quote="Michael_Ward"]Ricky Bibey = cack.

He's no good - the lad is huge but couldn't bust through a wet paper bag. He was crap at Wigan, he was crap here, and christ knows why Saints then signed him. Predictably, he was crap there as well.

He's now where he belongs, in NL1.[/quote]
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:47 pm
Posted by WYSIWYG on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:47 pm
WYSIWYG User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 28th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 0

Yes, Seems DB (I won't walk away from the club this time) is walking away from the club he has destroyed. Why can't we attract a professional owner instead of the Arfur' Daley sorts we always seem to get.

Ah well, onwards and upwards after we hit bottom of Champ 1 in a season or 2.
Ronnie and Reggie - We don't like Norfern "Numpty" Geezers with flat caps and we HATE whippets.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:51 pm
Posted by newshy38 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:51 pm
newshy38 Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Peter Kay wrote:
Seems we have 2 players who are holding out to what they agreed to in their contracts.

Blame for downfall lies with these 2 lads then?

Blame lies with the person who gave them their contracts.
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:56 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:56 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,307

newshy38 wrote:
Blame lies with the person who gave them their contracts.

100% Correct. :thumb:
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Posted by Budgiezilla on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:19 pm
Budgiezilla User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 11th / 77,307

Quiz Score: 224

Local RL journalist Mark Taylor has 'tweeted' the most relevant comments....

Okay, here's some of what Derek Beaumont told Jack Dearden on BBC Radio Manchester just now: "I have put a lot of time and effort and money into this so I'm bitterly disappointed. (On not making the top four) It has to be down to recruitment which I take responsibility for."
"The responsibility lies with me. I own the club and the decisions rest with me. If they don't do that, it lies with me. I took a lot of positives and enjoyment out of success when we achieved that and I was happy to avoid some of that limelight"
"It has been horrendous. You have to look at the whole picture and it's grim. I was hopeful I could strip everything back and strip the club back. There are two players we haven't been able to do that which has put the club in a difficult situation."
"I am still the owner and majority shareholder. As long as that remains in place I have a responsibility to that. Nobody has come forward. The club may have serious issues. The club is operating in special measures which mean I can't appoint a coach or sign players."
"We face action from two players and it's up to them what they do next. I hope they accept the offers from me and hopefully we can rebuild over the next two or three years."
"We have put responsible budgets forward to the RFL. They are nervous my backing has been removed. I think some sense will be shown soon. 40 per cent of the budget would be taken up with two players on full-time contracts."
"We are stuck in the middle of the deep blue sea at the minute. I would be prepared to step aside if someone comes forward and brings some investment. The people who are there at the moment have a lot of skills and knowledge and know what they are doing."
"If someone does want to make a significant investment I will write off the loans and give them the chance to achieve more than I did. There is a lot in the sport I am not comfortable with - with franchising and TV deals. I am a bit disillusioned with the game as a whole."
"When players enter contracts as in business do they should be met. There are two sides to this. I feel let down. There is no way that Leigh Centurions can survive as a business if it has to pay two players on full-time contracts. If not we will be no better than amateurs."
"I will make sure Leigh Centurions continues in whatever vein I can."
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me"
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:37 pm
Posted by glow on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:37 pm
glow User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Budgiezilla wrote:
Local RL journalist Mark Taylor has 'tweeted' the most relevant comments....

Okay, here's some of what Derek Beaumont told Jack Dearden on BBC Radio Manchester just now: "I have put a lot of time and effort and money into this so I'm bitterly disappointed. (On not making the top four) It has to be down to recruitment which I take responsibility for."
"The responsibility lies with me. I own the club and the decisions rest with me. If they don't do that, it lies with me. I took a lot of positives and enjoyment out of success when we achieved that and I was happy to avoid some of that limelight"
"It has been horrendous. You have to look at the whole picture and it's grim. I was hopeful I could strip everything back and strip the club back. There are two players we haven't been able to do that which has put the club in a difficult situation."
"I am still the owner and majority shareholder. As long as that remains in place I have a responsibility to that. Nobody has come forward. The club may have serious issues. The club is operating in special measures which mean I can't appoint a coach or sign players."
"We face action from two players and it's up to them what they do next. I hope they accept the offers from me and hopefully we can rebuild over the next two or three years."
"We have put responsible budgets forward to the RFL. They are nervous my backing has been removed. I think some sense will be shown soon. 40 per cent of the budget would be taken up with two players on full-time contracts."
"We are stuck in the middle of the deep blue sea at the minute. I would be prepared to step aside if someone comes forward and brings some investment. The people who are there at the moment have a lot of skills and knowledge and know what they are doing."
"If someone does want to make a significant investment I will write off the loans and give them the chance to achieve more than I did. There is a lot in the sport I am not comfortable with - with franchising and TV deals. I am a bit disillusioned with the game as a whole."
"When players enter contracts as in business do they should be met. There are two sides to this. I feel let down. There is no way that Leigh Centurions can survive as a business if it has to pay two players on full-time contracts. If not we will be no better than amateurs."
"I will make sure Leigh Centurions continues in whatever vein I can."

Thanks for that, as I thought I’d listened to the wrong station as unlike some I was sure he said he was responsible.

Also confirmed he’d write his loans off, where’s the man with the jaguar when you need him?
get leigh outta wigan
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:37 pm
Posted by CHEADLE LEYTHER on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:37 pm
CHEADLE LEYTHER Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,307

WYSIWYG wrote:
Yes, Seems DB (I won't walk away from the club this time) is walking away from the club he has destroyed. Why can't we attract a professional owner instead of the Arfur' Daley sorts we always seem to get.

Ah well, onwards and upwards after we hit bottom of Champ 1 in a season or 2.

We actually had an Arthur Daley, a long striding second rower, who played for us in the noughties!!! By the way, who are theses 2 players holding us to ransom?
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:47 pm
Posted by Montyburns on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:47 pm
Montyburns Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 22nd / 77,307

Kevin larroyer and Rhys Evans
Post Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:54 pm
Posted by glow on Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:54 pm
glow User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

CHEADLE LEYTHER wrote:
We actually had an Arthur Daley, a long striding second rower, who played for us in the noughties!!! By the way, who are theses 2 players holding us to ransom?

One mans ransom is another mans entitlement.
get leigh outta wigan
Next