WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Wire Match Showing in Singapore?

Board index Super League Warrington Wolves Wire Match Showing in Singapore?

Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:27 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Tue Sep 11, 2018 7:27 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 414
Difficult decision for you to make, uprooting your family on one side, big adventure on the other.
I'd be niggled by wondering "what if" should I have stayed put.
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 pm
Posted by Mr Snoodle on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:02 pm
Mr Snoodle User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:58 pm
Posts: 391
Location: Jack Rabbit Slims
MorePlaymakersNeeded wrote:
Difficult decision for you to make, uprooting your family on one side, big adventure on the other.
I'd be niggled by wondering "what if" should I have stayed put.


If you get homesick you can always get your missus to be average at her job, put in very little effort then tell them she's going home after 12 months
Don't die with the music in you
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:26 pm
Posted by easyWire on Tue Sep 11, 2018 8:26 pm
easyWire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 32

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:15 pm
Posts: 1234
Location: Dubai
Wires71 wrote:
Is it true it rains more than Manchester? My missus has the opportunity to work there and move the family out. As much as I enjoy different cultures, especially the Far East, I am put off by the climate.


The climate you’ll be able to cope with, albeit very humid most days... the big problem is that you get bored of it very quickly. Remember there are no true seasons around the equator, especially south-east Asia - there’s wet days and veg wet days. It will be dry and warm in the morning and thunderstorms in hot sticky air in the afternoon.

The other problem with being an expat (especially in a tiny island like Singapore) is that you get cabin fever VERY quickly. I spent 7 years overseas and we were lucky enough to be able to travel away every couple of months for a break. It does get to you eventually though, and unless your wife is head of a global bank you’ll probably spend all the extra money you earn on entertaining yourself out there. A lot of people are heading home from there, Hong Kong and Dubai as the lifestyle is not what it used to be.
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 am
Posted by Wires71 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:34 am
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 10443
easyWire wrote:
The climate you’ll be able to cope with, albeit very humid most days... the big problem is that you get bored of it very quickly. Remember there are no true seasons around the equator, especially south-east Asia - there’s wet days and veg wet days. It will be dry and warm in the morning and thunderstorms in hot sticky air in the afternoon.

The other problem with being an expat (especially in a tiny island like Singapore) is that you get cabin fever VERY quickly. I spent 7 years overseas and we were lucky enough to be able to travel away every couple of months for a break. It does get to you eventually though, and unless your wife is head of a global bank you’ll probably spend all the extra money you earn on entertaining yourself out there. A lot of people are heading home from there, Hong Kong and Dubai as the lifestyle is not what it used to be.


Thanks EasyWire. It is a top position she has been offered but I think we will swerve this opportunity and wait for another opportunity somewhere else in the world. If I couldn't ride my motorbikes and get a suntan it's out. :-) Just hoping the San Diego chance comes and you wont see us for dust.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am
Posted by easyWire on Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am
easyWire User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 10
Rep Position: 25th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 32

Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:15 pm
Posts: 1234
Location: Dubai
Wires71 wrote:
Thanks EasyWire. It is a top position she has been offered but I think we will swerve this opportunity and wait for another opportunity somewhere else in the world. If I couldn't ride my motorbikes and get a suntan it's out. :-) Just hoping the San Diego chance comes and you wont see us for dust.


Now San Diego I CAN recommend... one of the best quality of life cities in the US. Just stay away from LA it’s a hole!
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:14 pm
Posted by MorePlaymakersNeeded on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:14 pm
MorePlaymakersNeeded Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:51 am
Posts: 414
easyWire wrote:
The climate you’ll be able to cope with, albeit very humid most days... the big problem is that you get bored of it very quickly. Remember there are no true seasons around the equator, especially south-east Asia - there’s wet days and veg wet days. It will be dry and warm in the morning and thunderstorms in hot sticky air in the afternoon.

The other problem with being an expat (especially in a tiny island like Singapore) is that you get cabin fever VERY quickly. I spent 7 years overseas and we were lucky enough to be able to travel away every couple of months for a break. It does get to you eventually though, and unless your wife is head of a global bank you’ll probably spend all the extra money you earn on entertaining yourself out there. A lot of people are heading home from there, Hong Kong and Dubai as the lifestyle is not what it used to be.

Proper peaing it down, then?
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:33 pm
Posted by Uncle Rico on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:33 pm
Uncle Rico User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:24 am
Posts: 3816
Location: Stuck in 1982
Good spot ha ha
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:45 pm
Posted by Wires71 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:45 pm
Wires71 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,300

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 12:49 pm
Posts: 10443
easyWire wrote:
Now San Diego I CAN recommend... one of the best quality of life cities in the US. Just stay away from LA it’s a hole!


Yes I lived there for 3 months doing a tech transfer for Nokia. Amazing place, Pacific ocean, palm trees, beaches, naval base, zoo, mohave desert, loads to do and the most perfect climate I have ever encountered.
https://www.mind.org.uk
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 pm
Posted by fez1 on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:29 pm
fez1 Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:31 pm
Posts: 1433
Thanks guys - I'll check it out.
(By the way Raffles Hotel is closed for a major refurb - 18mths!!)
Re: Wire Match Showing in Singapore?
Post Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 am
Posted by Captain Hook on Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:20 am
Captain Hook Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,300

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:54 pm
Posts: 1405
Location: Sunny Southport
Deeply envious of transferable skills, I had an overnight stay in Bridlington once...it rained...a lot.
Just my opinions unless it's a FACT, in which case it's a fact.
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rlbet and 79 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Warrington Wolves


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,819,88069777,3004,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 31st Jan 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 2nd Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
WAKEFIELD
Thu 7th Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
CASTLEFORD
Fri 8th Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sat 9th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HULL KR
Sat 9th Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
HUDDERSFIELD
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)