WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Only Rugby League bends over for other sports.....

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Virtual Terrace Only Rugby League bends over for other sports.....

Posted by Joff on Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:34 am
Joff Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Absolute farce again of the RFaiL's passivity when this event was scheduled before the irrelevant Everton soccer match date!!

http://www.rugby-league.com/england/article/53289/england-v-new-zealand---fixture-amendment

Rugby League is the only sport I know that toes the party line of other 'bigger' sports. Why?? Fear?? Seen it over and over, the big bully Wendyball or the Rah Rahs....

This match was booked at Anfield months ago and now all of a sudden there are 'traffic management issues'......either the RFL should have double checked that Everton were not playing at home on the same day or there is blame with the City of Liverpool and Merseyside Police!

No wonder we're losing supporters! So many would have booked hotels and transportation.
Posted by bramleyrhino on Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:57 am
bramleyrhino User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 19
Rep Position: 16th / 77,216

Quiz Score: 0

The question is whether the RFL consulted with Merseyside Police and Liverpool Council before they scheduled the game. If they did, then there's little the RFL can do - they can't go ahead with an event of this scale without the approval of the authorities.

If they didn't, then one has to question why.
I wish everyone would read bramleyrhino's post two or three times just to get it through some thick skulls

Mr bramleyrhino speaks a lot of sense.

Jamie Jones-Buchanan wrote:
"I'd never forgive myself if a child of mine was born in Lancashire.
Posted by puroresu_boy on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:05 am
puroresu_boy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

I dont know how the RFL could not take into account that Everton would be playing at home that weekend and it would be the Saturday or Sunday.

If the did and the police and council gave the ok but have now changed there mind then not much they can do but I really wouldnt be surprised if the RFL just forgot about Everton FC.
Posted by Sir Kevin Sinfield on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:09 am
Sir Kevin Sinfield Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 15
Rep Position: 20th / 77,216

Why can’t Everton/Brighton and England/New Zealand play on the same day. Surely the Majority of Everton fans are going to live in Liverpool and not many RLfans will be traveling back to Brighton.
Posted by wrencat1873 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:13 am
wrencat1873 User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 5th / 77,216

Sir Kevin Sinfield wrote:
Why can’t Everton/Brighton and England/New Zealand play on the same day. Surely the Majority of Everton fans are going to live in Liverpool and not many RLfans will be traveling back to Brighton.

Limited police resources and whilst it's highly unlikely that there will be much hassle at either game, there will be structure and regulations in place for this sort of stuff.
Whoever is at fault, it's mickey poor planning, especially with tickets already having been sold.
Posted by Keith Lard's Dog on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:19 am
Keith Lard's Dog Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,216

Yet another own goal by the RFL.

Which other sport would schedual an international fixture only to change the date two months before the game, with no consideration for the fans that have booked hotels and travel.

There is no wonder the game is on its knees, with P1ss poor crowds at Wembley year upon year, a large number clubs on the verge of bankruptcy and now this farce.
I thought things may chance after the demise of Jabba the Hut Wood but yet again incompetance of the highest order prevails.

It seems to me the RFL have the reverse Midas touch, everything it touchs turns to 5hite , but as usual nobody will hold their hands up and take responsibility.
Posted by Someday on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:51 am
Someday Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,216

wrencat1873 wrote:
Limited police resources and whilst it's highly unlikely that there will be much hassle at either game, there will be structure and regulations in place for this sort of stuff.
Whoever is at fault, it's mickey poor planning, especially with tickets already having been sold.

I so the change on Facebook so I rang the rfl to make sure I have booked a hotel for 2 nights Friday and Saturday to come home Sunday now it’s cost me more money to change the coach times to come home after the game when I rang I said no wonder we can not fill grounds mucking about with the game I am retired but other people work if you live up north Saturday was perfect not Sunday
Posted by Psychedelic Casual on Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:05 am
Psychedelic Casual Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 15th / 77,216

Manchester transport infrastructure and Police force can handle many big events at the same time. Remember we had the SL GF at Old Trafford at the same time the RU WC had England v Uruguay at the Etihad, at the same time there was a gig on st the MEN.

That was around 150000 people in attendance at three of the four major venues of the city, and doesn’t count all the other people doing other things in and across the city on the same evening.
--- ¡ We are Wire ! ---
Posted by puroresu_boy on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:32 am
puroresu_boy Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Pretty sure this isn't the first time an England game has had either the date or time of a game changed from the original. That alone makes me think this is down to the RFL again.
Posted by ThePrinter on Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:26 am
ThePrinter Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
puroresu_boy wrote:
I dont know how the RFL could not take into account that Everton would be playing at home that weekend and it would be the Saturday or Sunday.

If the did and the police and council gave the ok but have now changed there mind then not much they can do but I really wouldnt be surprised if the RFL just forgot about Everton FC.

The NZ series, venue and dates were decided in November 2017. The Premiership fixtures for this season will have only been decided late May/June. Actually think this one is on Merseyside Police, Everton and FA’s fault. Why didn’t they make it clear that Everton couldn’t play that Saturday (presumably Liverpool informed then of their ground none availability for that date) and then why won’t they move it to the Sunday, doesn’t seem that much of an ask for a football league game to switch to a Sunday and why has it only been decided now when the football fixtures came out 2/3 months ago. Don’t think the RFL have done mich wrong on this occasion and have been screwed over/messed about by those aforementioned parties.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Next