OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 19:4622nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Acton : Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:03 pm  
charlie caroli wrote:
Monty, I was at the Mount on Sunday, there was a fair few Leigh fans under the Stand, when Acton walked past them , a high percentage of the Leigh fans were chanting,He's one of our Own ,about Acton,and he got plenty of applause as well.

To be fair Charlie they probably didn't see the incident, their views might be different today.
reffy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5204No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 years232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 11:0117th Mar 24 19:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Acton : Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:25 pm  
charlie caroli wrote:
Monty, I was at the Mount on Sunday, there was a fair few Leigh fans under the Stand, when Acton walked past them , a high percentage of the Leigh fans were chanting,He's one of our Own ,about Acton,and he got plenty of applause as well.

A strange breed Rugby League fans, a round of applause and a chant for receiving a red card and leaving his teammates in the poop. Fortunately these teammates were capable of overcoming their teammate’s desertion.
atomic 
RankPostsTeam
International Star6896
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 22 20159 years253rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Mar 24 19:4622nd Feb 24 20:28LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Acton : Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:54 pm  
I have empathy for Acton as he just can't grasp that 'leave it' part of his game. Shame because he is a good prop, no doubt about that. But the leopard obviously hasn't changed his spots,and to be honest why should he? Its the only way he knows to play.

He's had the backing and support from the club, but sat in the stands again on a juicy contract isn't the answer for Leigh. So again they need to deal with it this time as he had his orders last time and the time before and the time before that.

Enough is enough.
Snowy 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach7476
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 25 200420 years278th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
27th Mar 24 23:3526th Feb 24 08:58LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]TBF he's a good lad Snowy.

A wind up merchant but a good lad.

:lol:[/quote]

[quote="-VIKINGMAN-"]That sig snowy is Ssooooooooooo old !!![/quote]

OOpps - nowt changes !!

[b]Widnes 8 Leigh 10 LOL!!!
Leigh 23 Widnes 16 LOL!!
Leigh 30 Widnes 16 LOL!!
Widnes 18 Leigh 38 Oh Dear !!
Leigh 54 Widnes 16 FFS!!!
Leigh 50 Widnes 18 We gave them 3 tries !!!
Widnes 18 Leigh 24 Still no points in the 2nd half!!
Good luck Widnes. See you in 2015 !![/b]

Re: Acton : Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:07 am  
atomic wrote:
I have empathy for Acton as he just can't grasp that 'leave it' part of his game. Shame because he is a good prop, no doubt about that. But the leopard obviously hasn't changed his spots,and to be honest why should he? Its the only way he knows to play.

He's had the backing and support from the club, but sat in the stands again on a juicy contract isn't the answer for Leigh. So again they need to deal with it this time as he had his orders last time and the time before and the time before that.

Enough is enough.

We could have sold him last season for a six figure fee.

Should have done so !
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2314No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 200519 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 17:2825th Mar 24 14:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Acton : Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:06 am  
The video posted on Facebook (Not sure what the disciplinary would think of official club footage being posted on social media straight after the game btw) probably doesn't look as bad as it actually is because it is slowed down. He raises his forearm, and catches the player. If he'd raised his arms and shaped for a charge down, or tackled him late, it would've been a penalty and probably not even a yellow.

As for his performances this year, they've nosedived. Always drops the ball early in a set, near his own line.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2950No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 25 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Aug 23 19:5321st Apr 23 23:53LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Am I Rugby Leagues Adrian Durham?

Re: Acton : Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:16 am  
He will be lucky if he gets anything less than 10 games due to his track record. We need to cut him loose.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 02 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 20 08:0923rd Mar 20 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Acton : Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:35 am  
LeythIg wrote:
The video posted on Facebook (Not sure what the disciplinary would think of official club footage being posted on social media straight after the game btw) probably doesn't look as bad as it actually is because it is slowed down. He raises his forearm, and catches the player. If he'd raised his arms and shaped for a charge down, or tackled him late, it would've been a penalty and probably not even a yellow.

As for his performances this year, they've nosedived. Always drops the ball early in a set, near his own line.

His performance had been ordinary, just like his teammates however, he has started to look the part again recently! I'll never forget that sidestep at Blackpool to go under the posts, any Stand off would have been proud of that he made big money signing fullback O'Brian look very ordinary :wink: Props in general are tough uncompromising chaps however, some always seem to catch the headlines! Older Leigh fans will remember Dave Chisnall (Chissy) he had a freakish turn of pace for a prop however, he was always doing rash stupid tackles etc.. and he got more reds than Jamie! He was also a fans favourite and an Ashes winner on the 1970 tour representing Leigh! I remember we had just qualified for Wembley and had a league fixture at Wigan, in true Chissy style he decided to flatten Wigan fullback Colin Tyrer has Tyrer caught an up and under :shock: He was promptly sent off and subsequently missed our Wembley triumph! Chissy followed Murphy to Warrington after Wembley and won many more Honours there however, he never changed his seemingly silly antics!
Chissy has recently passed away at a youngish age, R.I.P. Chissy !
Phil, I'm only trying to point out that Jamie is not on his own when it comes to rash challenges!
reffy 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5204No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 28 200915 years232nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 11:0117th Mar 24 19:40LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Acton : Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:57 am  
You have already got the job as Acton’s cheerleader and apologist, you don’t need to keep banging his drum.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1771
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 02 200419 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th May 20 08:0923rd Mar 20 15:19LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Acton : Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:57 am  
Zulu01 wrote:
Like you said Kirky , you didn't see the incident just the aftermath. I however I did, I saw it head on, like I said left arm well before the picture was released, if you are going to suspend judgment until you see the video then that's great. I like you have always been a big fan you can always check my back posts. But this time, no I will not be defending him whatsoever.
The video will probably be on LCTV tomorrow.

Hope you are fine, not seen you in while - take care

Thanks for the good wishes Zulu, I'm fine thanks, never more than when I'm voicing my opinions on our team :lol:
Heard the Batley Coach condemning Jamie on radio Leeds on Sunday, claiming, we had lost a lazy prop and they had lost a play maker! His own Prop Brown, is currently serving a three match ban for hitting a Halifax halfback late, after a kick :roll: Glass houses spring to mind :THINK:
Good news on Batley twitter yesterday from Tom Hemingway late Sunday night, he had not broken anything however, he may possibly have some further tests and, he said he was felling fine :CLAP: Good luck Tom :thumb:
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2314No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 16 200519 years300th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 17:2825th Mar 24 14:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Acton : Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:02 am  
kirkhall wrote:
His performance had been ordinary, just like his teammates however, he has started to look the part again recently! I'll never forget that sidestep at Blackpool to go under the posts, any Stand off would have been proud of that he made big money signing fullback O'Brian look very ordinary :wink: Props in general are tough uncompromising chaps however, some always seem to catch the headlines! Older Leigh fans will remember Dave Chisnall (Chissy) he had a freakish turn of pace for a prop however, he was always doing rash stupid tackles etc.. and he got more reds than Jamie! He was also a fans favourite and an Ashes winner on the 1970 tour representing Leigh! I remember we had just qualified for Wembley and had a league fixture at Wigan, in true Chissy style he decided to flatten Wigan fullback Colin Tyrer has Tyrer caught an up and under :shock: He was promptly sent off and subsequently missed our Wembley triumph! Chissy followed Murphy to Warrington after Wembley and won many more Honours there however, he never changed his seemingly silly antics!
Chissy has recently passed away at a youngish age, R.I.P. Chissy !
Phil, I'm only trying to point out that Jamie is not on his own when it comes to rash challenges!

It was an excellent line he ran, but towards the end of that game in Blackpool, we were under the cosh, and got what should've been a relieving penalty when Crooks was tackled in the air only for Acton to drop the ball early in the set. If memory serves me right, they scored off the back of that to go to within a score of us. It's the two sides of him that causes all the frustration.

As for the rash challenges, I don't think there'd be much spoken about him if it was misjudged high tackles, but the attempt was to do something legal but hard. Based on the replay, I couldn't tell you what he was setting out to do. No attempt at a charge down, didn't get the shoulder in for a tackle, just raised his arm and hit him! With Greg Bird, if he'd told him his card was marked after he'd got up, then hit him, he wouldn't have got a 4 month ban. He didn't have to lay a finger on him. It's all just unneccessary stuff, which is a shame because when he's playing well, he's as good a one on one tackler we've had for a number of years with the ability to hurt players legally.
PreviousNext