WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Clubb - Fitness
Clubb - Fitness
Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:49 pm
Posted by muttywhitedog on Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:49 pm
muttywhitedog Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 91st / 77,328

Quiz Score: 428

Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:52 pm
Posts: 296
After starting, Clubb was subbed around 17 minutes in for Sutton. He then didn't come back on until mid-way through the 2nd half where he lasted around 13 minutes.

Was he injured, or is 30 minutes the best we can get out of him? I'd like a squad full of forwards that can perform for at least 40 minutes at or near 100%.
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 pm
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:27 pm
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 79
Rep Position: 35th / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1885
Clubb’s contribution when he is on, regardless of minutes has been very good this season. He could stay on for longer and be less effective but what’s the point of that? Quality over quantity every time for me and he’d be in my 17 every week in his current form.
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:47 am
Posted by Jukesays on Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:47 am
Jukesays User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 47
Rep Position: 57th / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2004 11:19 pm
Posts: 5591
Location: Sorting my Erection out & Helping Conroy With his!
Bigredwarrior wrote:
Clubb’s contribution when he is on, regardless of minutes has been very good this season. He could stay on for longer and be less effective but what’s the point of that? Quality over quantity every time for me and he’d be in my 17 every week in his current form.


He was very poor against Warrington especially in his 1st spell (and giving it the big un with 30 secs left at wire was embarrassing).

Before anyone thinks I'm baģging clubb I'm not. We have 4 props that tend to do 15/20 mins and play in spells I.e impact type (flower is probably the exception and plays a fee more minutes but isn't a natural prop).

But unless we get 2 props that can do 50 mins then clubb type players are the cherry on the cake. We need 2 work horse 25 carries and 35 tackles a game type props.
Fans Forum 28.08.08 Fan from Haydock

"I've got one word for you Mr Chairman - Penalty Count"

[quote="The Daddy"]I've got one word for you all......Steve Hanley[/quote]

Some Salford fan said to me and I quote "You are by far and away the most Handsome & Knowledgeable Rugby League Fan in England!"

I thanked him and went on my Merry way!

RIVERCAVE DWELLER OF THE YEAR 2015!
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:09 am
Posted by moto748 on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:09 am
moto748 Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 25
Rep Position: 79th / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 3017
I just can never see why, if the likes of JWH and James Graham can play for most of 80 minutes in the intensity of the NRL, we can't find a few guys who can do the same in SL.
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:28 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:28 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 79
Rep Position: 35th / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1885
Jukesays wrote:
He was very poor against Warrington especially in his 1st spell (and giving it the big un with 30 secs left at wire was embarrassing).

Before anyone thinks I'm baģging clubb I'm not. We have 4 props that tend to do 15/20 mins and play in spells I.e impact type (flower is probably the exception and plays a fee more minutes but isn't a natural prop).

But unless we get 2 props that can do 50 mins then clubb type players are the cherry on the cake. We need 2 work horse 25 carries and 35 tackles a game type props.


I’m ignoring the Warrington game to be honest as it was a poor all round performance after the Sydney trip. In the other 3 games Clubb has been very good. I suspect the amount of game time is a coaching issue rather than a player issue though. We’ve gone to 3 forwards on the bench instead of 4 this season with Escare replacing the replacement hooker. Would u prefer to rotate props or the backs? It’s the way the game has evolved since the number of subs was increased.
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 am
Posted by JonnyBroad on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:07 am
JonnyBroad Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 100th / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:07 pm
Posts: 85
Simple fact is that we do not have any natural props at the club hence isa playing there for most of the second half. All our props are former back row or centre???? This is not in any way a criticism just pointing it out. As jukesays we need one maybe 2 boring props who just carry it straight and make basic yards but can do a full shift. Having 4 props whos minutes add upto 80-100 minutes still leaves us an hour short. Like i say its not a go at any one just a point worth noting????
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:13 am
Posted by NickyKiss on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:13 am
NickyKiss User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 106
Rep Position: 21st / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:38 am
Posts: 22294
Location: WIGAN
It’s the rotation to set times I don’t get. I would want all my props fighting to stay on the field for as long as possible and not knowing they’re coming off. I get that certain props like Clubb would only ever be used in shorter spells due to his style of play but lads like Flower and Sutton should be fit enough (I’m not sure they are fit enough but they should be) to be doing 50/60 minutes per game.
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:43 am
Posted by Bigredwarrior on Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:43 am
Bigredwarrior Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 79
Rep Position: 35th / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:22 am
Posts: 1885
NickyKiss wrote:
It’s the rotation to set times I don’t get. I would want all my props fighting to stay on the field for as long as possible and not knowing they’re coming off. I get that certain props like Clubb would only ever be used in shorter spells due to his style of play but lads like Flower and Sutton should be fit enough (I’m not sure they are fit enough but they should be) to be doing 50/60 minutes per game.


I suspect it’s a case of them being told to go balls out for 20 mins knowing they’ll get a rest after it.
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:27 pm
Posted by Levrier on Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:27 pm
Levrier Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

Reputation Points: 24
Rep Position: 80th / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:28 am
Posts: 842
Bigredwarrior wrote:
I suspect it’s a case of them being told to go balls out for 20 mins knowing they’ll get a rest after it.
,
That would be fine if they were dominant whilst they were on, like Feka of old, but they are not.
Re: Clubb - Fitness
Post Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Posted by Father Ted on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:13 pm
Father Ted Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 91st / 77,328

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2001 12:04 pm
Posts: 7497
Clubb is ok for me and the rotations are as important from game to game as within games.
He's played 5 games with the same combinations and subs. He needs to bring in another prop to get him match fit for when injuries occur. Someone needs to drop out and I think he should be selecting 4 or 5 from 6 props for each game on a rotating basis.
If Waney goes too long with these props then when injuries happen the incoming player won't be SL match fit.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrisbaneRhino, Sweaty Betty's and 71 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Wigan Warriors - wiganrugbyfans.com


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,826,66364077,3284,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Thu 31st Jan 19:45
SLXXIV
WIGAN WARRIORS
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
SALFORD
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Sat 2nd Feb 17:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
LEIGH
v
TOULOUSE
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
BATLEY BULLDOGS
v
BARROW RAIDERS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
BRADFORD BULLS
v
FEATHERSTONE
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
ROCHDALE
v
DEWSBURY RAMS
Sun 3rd Feb 15:00
 CH
SHEFFIELD
v
SWINTON LIONS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)