WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Championshp predictions week one

Board index Qualifiers Eights Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk Championshp predictions week one

Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:46 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12209
Location: blackpool tower circus
justthebasicfax wrote:
Fev by 24 Charlie lol behave... we finished above them last year, we might be under done for Sunday and short of our 1st choice pack but i expect us to be able to tackle ;)

I see you’re dalliance with those ‘considerably richer than yow’ hasn’t dampened your fishing/phishing technique :lol:

This may be the last championship with something to play for, but it should be a good comp, i can see half a dozen sides capable of giving each other a fruitless Sunday afternoon. I doubt we will see a runaway leader like the Robins last time round.

Fev might just nick it from us, but i think Toronto may pull off a shock, momentum in sport goes a long way.

I respect your opinion and views on the coming season,myself while I agree it should be a great Comp this year,I think we will dominate the League this year, we will lose a game somewhere along the way,where I don't know,but our strength in depth,full time fitness ,and skill and power will see us boss 90% of most games.
We don't seem to have weakness anywhere on the pitch, the Bookies make us 1 -4 to win the League,and for me Fev will finish 2nd,they are a strong well put together side,I think Toronto will lose a few games in the first half of the season,as for your good selves?I think Fax are a bit inexperienced with some young players,I do think they are talented but on Sunday Fev will have far to much muscle for you,as well as Riddys guile and kicking.
Anyway hopefully it will be a good all round Comp this year,I can't wait.Take care.Charles. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:11 pm
Posted by Pellon Boy on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:11 pm
Pellon Boy Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,037

Quiz Score: 280

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 am
Posts: 420
charlie caroli wrote:
I respect your opinion and views on the coming season,myself while I agree it should be a great Comp this year,I think we will dominate the League this year, we will lose a game somewhere along the way,where I don't know,but our strength in depth,full time fitness ,and skill and power will see us boss 90% of most games.
We don't seem to have weakness anywhere on the pitch, the Bookies make us 1 -4 to win the League,and for me Fev will finish 2nd,they are a strong well put together side,I think Toronto will lose a few games in the first half of the season,as for your good selves?I think Fax are a bit inexperienced with some young players,I do think they are talented but on Sunday Fev will have far to much muscle for you,as well as Riddys guile and kicking.
Anyway hopefully it will be a good all round Comp this year,I can't wait.Take care.Charles. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:


Well Ian you've got one of your defeats out of the way early in the season, so at least you're not putting pressure on yourselves now.

How good were Toronto?
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:51 pm
Posted by charlie caroli on Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:51 pm
charlie caroli User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 26
Rep Position: 10th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:34 am
Posts: 12209
Location: blackpool tower circus
Pellon Boy wrote:
Well Ian you've got one of your defeats out of the way early in the season, so at least you're not putting pressure on yourselves now.

How good were Toronto?
--
Well Dave, I've truly got egg all over my face :lol: Leigh were terrible ,we went 12 nil up early on then it all went wrong,I couldn't name a MoM as they were all average,for me a must next week is drop Ben Reynolds,put Mortimer at 6, and bring Baptiste in at 9,Its to early to have a go at Jukes but his Coaching must improve, we fell for Rowley's game plan all the way, Toronto are a good side no doubt, but I still think we are better, although today's result differs to my opinion.
It's early days yet Batley beat us first game up and we were promoted to SL that year so plenty of time, a lot of fans are unhappy tonight, only positive was a crowd of 5,500 and no Canadians,it's a case of get back on the horse,and myself,well that yolk is hard to remove. :lol: :lol:.
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:01 pm
Posted by Pellon Boy on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:01 pm
Pellon Boy Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,037

Quiz Score: 280

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 am
Posts: 420
[quote="charlie caroli"]--
Well Dave, I've truly got egg all over my face :lol: Leigh were terrible ,we went 12 nil up early on then it all went wrong,I couldn't name a MoM as they were all average,for me a must next week is drop Ben Reynolds,put Mortimer at 6, and bring Baptiste in at 9,Its to early to have a go at Jukes but his Coaching must improve, we fell for Rowley's game plan all the way, Toronto are a good side no doubt, but I still think we are better, although today's result differs to my opinion.
It's early days yet Batley beat us first game up and we were promoted to SL that year so plenty of time, a lot of fans are unhappy tonight, only positive was a crowd of 5,500 and no Canadians,it's a case of get back on the horse,and myself,well that yolk is hard to remove. :lol: :lol:.

:D :thumb:
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 pm
Posted by Alan on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:45 pm
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 10872
Location: Back in Lancashire
Pellon Boy wrote:
Well Ian you've got one of your defeats out of the way early in the season, so at least you're not putting pressure on yourselves now.

How good were Toronto?


A darned sight better than we were! Oh to have Brierley, Kay, Dixon and Beswick - yes, Bob Beswick - back with us! :(
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:08 am
Posted by Pellon Boy on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:08 am
Pellon Boy Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 3
Rep Position: 32nd / 77,037

Quiz Score: 280

Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:44 am
Posts: 420
Alan wrote:
A darned sight better than we were! Oh to have Brierley, Kay, Dixon and Beswick - yes, Bob Beswick - back with us! :(


Leign v Leigh Mercenaries then Alan?
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 am
Posted by Alan on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 10872
Location: Back in Lancashire
Pellon Boy wrote:
Leign v Leigh Mercenaries then Alan?

That's how it was billed, and boy did those ex-Leigh players have points to prove. And they proved them in spectacular fashion, showing far more skill, passion, pace and nous than our guys did. I'm confidently expecting Martyn Ridyard to give us a master class when we play Fev!
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 am
Posted by Rotherham Fev Fan on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:14 am
Rotherham Fev Fan Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2002 4:59 am
Posts: 4050
Location: Rawmarsh, Rotherham
Alan wrote:
That's how it was billed, and boy did those ex-Leigh players have points to prove. And they proved them in spectacular fashion, showing far more skill, passion, pace and nous than our guys did. I'm confidently expecting Martyn Ridyard to give us a master class when we play Fev!

Think you might have too much for us.... but I'm lookin forrad to that fixture
I don't get the mercenary tag. None of the Leigh squad is from Leigh indicating they're all imports... e.g. are there for delbert's wad.... same as those who play for Toronto being there cos of the cash?
She carries on through it all......
She's a Waterfall
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:35 am
Posted by Alan on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:35 am
Alan Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 29
Rep Position: 8th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2002 5:39 am
Posts: 10872
Location: Back in Lancashire
Rotherham Fev Fan wrote:
Think you might have too much for us.... but I'm lookin forrad to that fixture
I don't get the mercenary tag. None of the Leigh squad is from Leigh indicating they're all imports... e.g. are there for delbert's wad.... same as those who play for Toronto being there cos of the cash?


I honestly believe that many of the guys went to Toronto because of the coach. Now, I don't particularly like the guy, but he won yesterday's battle by an unbelievable margin - far greater than the proverbial 'country mile' of 'Fax fame! :wink: On yesterday's performance, which I hope wasn't what we can come to expect, (although it was disturbingly similar to our 'style' of last season) you will definitely trouble us, and I confidently expect Ridyard to show us just what we are missing - as did Kay, Brierley, Beswick etc. yesterday.
Re: Championshp predictions week one
Post Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 am
Posted by wire-quin on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 am
wire-quin User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 11
Rep Position: 24th / 77,037

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 7:38 pm
Posts: 5823
Location: Looking for a coach that can coach
Some good games in round one the London barrow one I can see London slipping up



:)
Mac out!
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bentleyman, His Bobness, Living The Dream and 61 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Halifax - FaxFans.co.uk


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,780,8392,01077,0374,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CANTERBURY
27-26
NZ WARRIORS
 Full Time (Hover Score) 
NRL
CANBERRA
14-12
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
HEMEL STAGS
0-50
CRUSADERS
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
WHITEHAVEN
14-23
DONCASTER
TODAY 14:00
WSL
YORK W
v
BRADFORD W
 Full Time  
WSL
ST HELENS WOMEN
10-14
WIGAN W
 Full Time  
 CHAMPIONSHIP
BATLEY BULLDOGS
42-22
DEWSBURY RAMS
 Full Time  
 CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIGH
38-0
BARROW RAIDERS
 Full Time  
 CHAMPIONSHIP
ROCHDALE
24-33
FEATHERSTONE
 Full Time  
 CHAMPIONSHIP
SWINTON LIONS
18-26
SHEFFIELD
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
18-24
WORKINGTON TOWN
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
WEST WALES
18-28
COVENTRY BEARS
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
NEWCASTLE
24-18
OLDHAM
 Full Time  
 CH ONE
YORK
48-6
HUNSLET
 Full Time  
 SL8s
LONDON BRONCOS
32-48
LEEDS RHINOS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)