WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - RD 6 | Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos

Board index Super League Leeds Rhinos - southstander.com RD 6 | Huddersfield Giants v Leeds Rhinos

Posted by Frosties. on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:06 pm
Frosties. 100% League Network
100% League Network

A tough one as always this week vs Huddersfield. They always seem to perform against us and get the win. Not sure if we are due anyone back this week but the squad did well last week, if anyone possibly Sutcliffe.

Golding
Briscoe Watkins Keinhorst Hall
Mcguire Moon
Baldwinson Parcell Cuthbertson
Ablett Delaney
Sutcliffe

Burrow Ferres Garbutt Mullally

We could easily go as normal with Keinhorst at 12, Moon at 4, Sutcliffe at 6, Delaney at 13.
Posted by chapylad on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:09 pm
chapylad Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

I might swap Handley for Briscoe and let TB play for Fev or Bradford for a few games
Did Delaney go off injured as I don`t recall him coming back on in to the second half?
Posted by Bullseye on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:33 pm
Bullseye User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

chapylad wrote:
I might swap Handley for Briscoe and let TB play for Fev or Bradford for a few games

It's Oledzki we want! When are Galloway and Ormondroyd back for you lot?
"If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them," - Wayne Bennett.
Posted by Frosties. on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:04 pm
100% League Network

Bullseye wrote:
It's Oledzki we want! When are Galloway and Ormondroyd back for you lot?

Galloway due back around May I believe & Ormondroyd was 4-6 weeks last week. Singleton also suspended until CC at end of April.
Posted by ThePrinter on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:50 pm
ThePrinter Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Last week McDermott said JJB might have a chance for this game. Cameron Smith came back from injury the previous week but couldn't feature the weekend just gone for us or the u19's because of picking up concussion. Maybe see him included in the 19 with Oledzki going back to Bradford?
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by Frosties. on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:25 pm
100% League Network

ThePrinter wrote:
Last week McDermott said JJB might have a chance for this game. Cameron Smith came back from injury the previous week but couldn't feature the weekend just gone for us or the u19's because of picking up concussion. Maybe see him included in the 19 with Oledzki going back to Bradford?

I think there is more of a possibility of him going to Bradford or playing for Featherstone than being in the 19 at the moment.

Would you send Oledzki back when we are already down three props in Singleton, Galloway & Ormondroyd?
Posted by ThePrinter on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:11 pm
Silver RLFANS Member

Location: Behind the picket fence on the grassy knoll in Dealey Plaza, Dallas, Texas.
Frosties. wrote:
I think there is more of a possibility of him going to Bradford or playing for Featherstone than being in the 19 at the moment.

Would you send Oledzki back when we are already down three props in Singleton, Galloway & Ormondroyd?

Ormondroyd has previously be named in the 19 but then went to Fev that weekend so could see the same for Smith. If JJB and Ward are close then Oledzki won't be in the 19 so no point him kicking his heels. I know JJB and Ward aren't props but JJB does get played there at times and Ward provides more options/movement in the forwards.
"The Golden Generation finally has its Golden Fleece! They have Wembley Cup Final winners medals to add to their collection."

23/08/2014
Posted by ThePrinter on Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:58 pm
Silver RLFANS Member

Actually on second thoughts regarding Oledzki, is it possible now for us to send him to Fev on D/R or does his having been on loan at another Championship club not allow it?

That way he can keep getting game time if he's not in our 19 but be available to us during the next month or so before those three props return. With Baldwinson looking likely to be in our 17 during the same period and Ormondroyd injured then I'm sure Fev could do with a forward off us.

Doubt Bradford would be happy about it but probably our smartest option especially with Easter coming up.

23/08/2014
Posted by Clearwing on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:02 am
Clearwing User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Don't see McDermott playing him tbh.
"The problem when you play Leeds is that they are a huge 'confidence' side. If you get on top of them, they will cower and go away, but when they get in front their chests puff out and they start whooping as they make tackles. " (Jon Wilkin)
Posted by ant1 on Tue Mar 21, 2017 7:31 am
ant1 User avatar
Cheeky half-back
Cheeky half-back

chapylad wrote:
Did Delaney go off injured as I don`t recall him coming back on in to the second half?

Please God no!!!!!!!!!
Handley's defence is paper thin and the Giant's backs will run over the top of him.
His dire performance at Cas has pushed him way down the line for selection - send him to Fev to regain some confidence.
Next