JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 29 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Aug 15 09:1625th Aug 15 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Science flies people to the moon. Religion flies people into buildings.

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:09 am  
Is Durham Giant an American by any chance ?
Cronus 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 30 200519 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Dec 20 18:2622nd Jun 20 21:45LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:33 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
I thought so. Plastic Limey Keyboard warior

There you go, making things up again. Just because you repeat it, doesn't make it so.

Spreading fear and intimidation is also about weakening the enemies capabilities. It is the principle of modern warfare. You ahve heard of shock and Awe havent you. that is about spreading fear and intimidation. Was the bombing of Dresden designed to reduce Germany's military capabilities or was it to spread Fear and Intimidation to the whole of the German population.

In any war people regret the killing of innocent civillians. The IRA never celebrated killing Kids. They made mistakes strategically and practically and acknowlegded it. Unlike the British who have killed a million more kids than Irish Republicans ever had. Except to you they dont count because they were all wogs, mussies or fuzzie wuzzies.

You do realise WW2 has precisely nothing to do with your argument, and it's a sign of desperation akin to Godwin's that you bring it up.

I look forward to your evidence proving us British have killed a million kids in Iraq.

Wogs, mussies, fuzzie wuzzies? Really, have you lost your argument so badly you've resorted to firing racist terms at me? Deary me.

i try understand them. That is where you fall down. You think a bit of condemnation will solve everything. Understanding why these things happen is more likely to lead to a solution to those problems.You again sound like a Sun editorial , criminal acts, mindless barbarism blah blah blah. Nothing intelligent just some ignoramnt emotional rant. Maybe you are a taxi driver and just think based on blind prejudices. Maybe you are too stupid to have a moral compass

What do taxi drivers have to do with anything? I understand the cause of Irish Republicanism just as well as I understand the cause of Al Qaeda. That doesn't mean I agree with it. It is possible to understand and disagree, you know.

No i accept that in any war some acts are more regrettable than others but i have to accept that if you choose a side in a war or in a conflict actions will happen which impact on the innocent. You cannot pick and choose which ones you feel comforatble with.

If you support the troops in Iraq and the war in Iraq then you have to accept some reponsibility for the outcome in Iraq. You cannot say i like the removal of Hussein, i support the killing of his troops i support the giving of power to the Shias and then say, ooh i dont like the killing of the civillians today, or i dont like those radical shias i only like the nice friendly ones. You choose your side and have to accept the good and the bad. That is not confused that is accepting responsibility.

Completely wrong. Of course you can dislike actions if you want to! Are you your own man or some f*cking slave? Don't you have your own mind? If you support Irish Republicanism but disagree with some of their actions that's your call. You'd get a lot more respect by living by your own morals rather than accepting disgusting attacks just because you feel hip supporting them.

Jesus man, grow a f*cking pair.

Except you are too weasley to accept that. What do you do read the paers and the military briefings and then decide which bits you are hapy with and which bits you are not

I make my own mind up, which seems to be more than you can manage.

But was it a Law and order issue in which case shoot to kill without warnings was illegal or was it just a spectacularly successful military engagement. No complaints from me or the Republican movement just pointing out the inconsistency in British propaganda. Would you accept that warrenpoint was a well executed operation to destroy a para company.

You don't call warnings against terrorists armed with firearms and explosives, you kill them before they can carry out their attack. Sorry, but if your heros hadn't rocked up with a JCB and 200 lb of Semtex they wouldn't have been taught a lesson by the SAS.

And yes, Warrenpoint was a brilliantly executed operation. There's not much argument about that. Superbly done. Though I'd love to see you walk in certain pubs round here and say that.

Whereas you just believe British propaganda.

What, like the Saville Enquiry that found 1 Para were responsible for the deaths? That sort of British propaganda?

Are these the daft ones who were based on the 7/11 bombers. Yes you really did not understand that film at all.

It's a fooking comedy making a number of observations on all sides.

But you still come across as the daft one.

A real Limey by Birth and a Plastic Limey by actions You plastic Limey.A real Limey by Birth and a Plastic Limey by actions You plastic Limey.

I realise you think 'Limey' is an insult. But is isn't. And I realise you think you've come up with something cool with the term 'plastic limey', but it just makes no sense and you sound like a fool.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years219th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:51 am  
Cronus wrote:
There you go, making things up again. Just because you repeat it, doesn't make it so.

well you could always answer the question have you done anything warrior type other than type on a keyboard

You do realise WW2 has precisely nothing to do with your argument, and it's a sign of desperation akin to Godwin's that you bring it up.

You talk about a moral compass and try to lecture me on the morality of war and military tactics to differentiate between military targets and terrorism ion your last post. And then for some reason WW2 does not come into it.

Once the logic of your arguments is undermined you try to move the goalposts. You should read yopur posts back.

I look forward to your evidence proving us British have killed a million kids in Iraq

Wiki is your frind again you are a lazy lover not prepared to look for any information to educate yourself.

The BBC article was reporting from a study of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, titled "Sanctions and childhood mortality in Iraq", that was published in the May 2000 Lancet medical journal.[49] The study concluded that in southern and central Iraq, infant mortality rate between 1994 and 1999 had risen to 108 per 1,000. Child mortality rate, which refers to children between the age of one and five years, also drastically inclined from 56 to 131 per 1,000.[48] In the autonomous northern region during the same period, infant mortality declined from 64 to 59 per 1000 and under-5 mortality fell from 80 to 72 per 1000, which was attributed to better food and resource allocation.

Those sanctions were led by Britain and the US and enforced by them therefore they have to accept the responsibility for the outcome of those actions. |But if it makes you feel better and morally superior to Republicans most of them were not directly killed by military action by the Brits, they were just slowly starved to death or denied medication or medical treatment. They even stopped antibiotics and innoculation so kids died of relatively minor infections and preventable diseases.

Maybe they were just trying to terrorise the Iraqi people by punishing them all for the actions of saddam.
You do not need to go far to find many other examples of British actions or inactions that killed millions of children you could always type in Concentration camps in SA, Bengal famine, Tasmanian aborigines etc etc.

quote]Wogs, mussies, fuzzie wuzzies? Really, have you lost your argument so badly you've resorted to firing racist terms at me? Deary me[/quote
].

As you are the one who started with insults based on Nationality and are quite happy to defend the morality of the British as opposed to us plastic paddies it seemed only right you would see all the others the Brits have fooked over in the past centuries in similar racial or national stereotypes. How else would you be able to justify your superiority when it comes to war terror and killing your opponents.

What do taxi drivers have to do with anything? I understand the cause of Irish Republicanism just as well as I understand the cause of Al Qaeda. That doesn't mean I agree with it. It is possible to understand and disagree, you know

Because you think and express youyrself like a taxi driver where everything is black and white approach. Brits good, republicans bad.You certainly are no thinker. Your posts are littered with emotive terms just like a sun copywriter examples highligthed in red.

Completely wrong. Of course you can dislike actions if you want to! Are you your own man or some f*cking slave? Don't you have your own mind? If you support Irish Republicanism but disagree with some of their actions that's your call. You'd get a lot more respect by living by your own morals rather than accepting disgusting attacks just because you feel hip supporting them.

Jesus man, grow a f*cking pair.

I make my own mind up, which seems to be more than you can manage

It is a lot easier to side with the popular view than it is to challenge it. But then again you would be quite happy to be associated with the Suns view of the Irish troubles.

You don't call warnings against terrorists armed with firearms and explosives, you kill them before they can carry out their attack. Sorry, but if your heros hadn't rocked up with a JCB and 200 lb of Semtex they wouldn't have been taught a lesson by the SAS.

I agree with you on this point. Hence it would support the arguement that it was a war rather than a mtter of Criminality or Law and Order. Mind you the IRA taught the SAS a few lessons about fighting as well. The story of Francis Hughes who used to walk around the filds in Armagh wearing a camo jacket with IRA written on the back in big white letters was a good one. He was ambushed by the SAS, shot one dead and injured the other two.

And yes, Warrenpoint was a brilliantly executed operation. There's not much argument about that. Superbly done. Though I'd love to see you walk in certain pubs round here and say that.

What, like the Saville Enquiry that found 1 Para were responsible for the deaths? That sort of British propaganda?

And yet depite the Saville inquiry you still believe that in some way the Nationalists who were marching provoked the British Army which led to them being shot. Look at your post where you talk about this

It's a fooking comedy making a number of observations on all sides.

But you still come across as the daft one.

I realise you think 'Limey' is an insult. But is isn't. And I realise you think you've come up with something cool with the term 'plastic limey', but it just makes no sense and you sound like a fool

No i still dont tyhink you understand the film. And as for the plastic Limey bit your right it is not clever but i used it to challenge the peety insults you started throwing around at Plastic Paddies. Is that alright plastic limey
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner13571No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 01 200321 years312th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
14th Feb 23 19:2827th Sep 22 20:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
ALL GAVE SOME.. SOME GAVE ALL...

Blue noses are born, Not manufactured. We do not choose, We are the chosen. Those who don't understand, Don't matter. Those who understand, Need no explanation ..
W.A T.P

RANGERS will rise again

winner of the Wakefield Trinity challenge cup tipping comp 2012....YNBTG

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:15 am  
Andy Gilder wrote:
There's nothing wrong with McGuinness that a speedboat packed with C4 wouldn't solve. Odious little terrorist sympathiser.

couldnt put it better myself
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach519No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 21 200816 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
20th Dec 14 10:3920th Dec 14 10:39LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:19 am  
Durham Giant wrote: I agree with you on this point. Hence it would support the arguement that it was a war rather than a mtter of Criminality or Law and Order. Mind you the IRA taught the SAS a few lessons about fighting as well. The story of Francis Hughes who used to walk around the filds in Armagh wearing a camo jacket with IRA written on the back in big white letters was a good one. He was ambushed by the SAS, shot one dead and injured the other two.

I hate to be the one who pishes on your campfire about Franny Hughes, but the soldier he shot and killed that night, before surrendering next morning was not SAS. They only lost 2 guys over there, and this wasn't one of them.It was Davie Jones, a Lance Corporal in 3 Para.

And the reason he was skulking about in the fields of County Londonderry, was because he was on the run for killing two RUC guys previously.

As you say, a good story and probably gets better the more you repeat it. Just a shame the bold Francis is no longer with us to enjoy it with you, eh?
RankPostsTeam
International Star3853
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 18 201013 years39th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
1st Oct 23 20:4530th Sep 23 21:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
And so you aim towards the sky,
And you'll rise high today,
Fly away, Far away,
Far from pain....

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:29 am  
I would just like to state, I'm no republican supporter, though I do sympathise with their cause, and I'm definnitely more of a fan of their diplomatic efforts than their military ones, but could I just ask one question?

If the Germans had won the 2nd World War and basically claimed Britain as a part of a Germanic empire and, along with this, proceeded to treat sections of the country appallingly, would the British people have really been expected to sit back and allow this to happen, without any form of aggressive response?

It seems, according to some on here, we would have just been expected to sit back and accept our defeat like complete saps, and we would have had to accept Hitler, and his successors, as our rightful leader, and any attack on his authority would have been totally wrong, as they would just have been a toothless face to a ruthless regime??
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12488No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 07 200717 years219th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Oct 23 16:277th Mar 23 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Huddersfield Giants 2013 over achievers

Huddersfield Giants 2014 under achievers ??????????

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:39 am  
rumpelstiltskin wrote:
snip. Just a shame the bold Francis is no longer with us to enjoy it with you, eh?

more of a shame that 3000 plus people are not with us because of a British decision to partition Ireland and a complete failure by succesive governments up until the 1990s to do anything tangible about a discriminatory state organisation which led to war in the first place.
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member18802No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 29 200222 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th Aug 15 09:1625th Aug 15 09:16LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Science flies people to the moon. Religion flies people into buildings.

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:42 am  
Durham Giant wrote:
more of a shame that 3000 plus people are not with us because of a British decision to partition Ireland and a complete failure by succesive governments up until the 1990s to do anything tangible about a discriminatory state organisation which led to war in the first place.

A war the IRA/INLA have lost.
DHM 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8892
JoinedServiceReputation
May 25 200618 years292nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
25th May 22 08:5023rd May 22 13:13LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"Well, I think in Rugby League if you head butt someone there's normally some repercusions"

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:40 am  
I wonder what this woman and the tens of thousands who were at the mercy of the provisionals and the loyalist murderers would think of some of the clueless $h1t posted on this thread. Actually it's fairly obvious what they would think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairead_Maguire

Easy to forget that Sinn Fein were not the only political party that represented the Catholic population of NI, but they were the only one that murdered their opponents.
I wonder what this woman and the tens of thousands who were at the mercy of the provisionals and the loyalist murderers would think of some of the clueless $h1t posted on this thread. Actually it's fairly obvious what they would think.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mairead_Maguire

Easy to forget that Sinn Fein were not the only political party that represented the Catholic population of NI, but they were the only one that murdered their opponents.
peggy 
RankPostsTeam
International Star541No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 15 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Dec 15 17:192nd Dec 15 12:49LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
"...……. et jusqu’a ma mort je me rappellerai chaque seconde de ce matin de janvier."

//www.everyeighthours.com/

Re: The Queen and Martin McGuinness : Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am  
Dita's Slot Meter wrote:
...................... but could I just ask one question?

If the Germans had won the 2nd World War and basically claimed Britain as a part of a Germanic empire and, along with this, proceeded to treat sections of the country appallingly, would the British people have really been expected to sit back and allow this to happen, without any form of aggressive response?

I am quite sure the country would have continued to fight in response. Whether we would have used spineless c0ckheaded bastarrrds to murder little kids on a Saturday afternoon in the middle of town I’m not sure.
PreviousNext