WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Prevent The Church Hijacking Our Schools

Board index Welcome to RLFANS The Sin Bin Prevent The Church Hijacking Our Schools

Off-topic discussion.
Posted by Sheldon on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:37 pm
Sheldon User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:20 pm
Posts: 22240
Location: York
Ajw71 wrote:
Yawn.

Why don't you all just have an old fashioned duel or something.

Whoever loses dies. THE END.


:lol: Like the dark ages?
Tarquin Fuego wrote:
I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old.


The Reason wrote:
Hi Andy

The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.
 
 
Regards,
 
Matthew
Posted by gulfcoast_highwayman on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:40 pm
gulfcoast_highwayman User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,033

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2002 12:32 pm
Posts: 22348
Location: A Takron-Galtos of my own making
Leeds Rhinos? 8 for you, Leeds Rhinos! You go, Leeds Rhinos.

And none for Castleford Tigers. Bye!
Posted by cod'ead on Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:56 pm
cod'ead User avatar
Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Sat May 25, 2002 10:49 am
Posts: 37704
Location: Zummerzet, where the zoider apples grow
Ajw71 wrote:
Yawn.

Why don't you all just have an old fashioned duel or something.

Whoever loses dies. THE END.


Ey up, one of the resident right-wing nut-jobs has turned up.

Considering entering the debate at all or just doing your usual flaming again?
The older I get, the better I was

Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't

I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator."

cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan
Posted by Kosh on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:05 pm
Kosh User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 36783
Location: Leafy Worcester, home of the Black Pear
kirkstaller wrote:
Maybe not scientific evidence, but then again science is concerned with the natural world, not the supernatural.

And you're wrong again. Science has frequently investigated the supernatural and found there to be no evidence to support the existence of it in the commonly accepted sense. Ditto the paranormal.

kirkstaller wrote:
I can just as easily say that everyone who has looked at it critically will arrive at the same conclusion as me.

Only if you don't understand what critical analysis actually means.

kirkstaller wrote:
Other people can corroborate the power of baptism in the Holy Spirit - even people who didn't want to find God.

Not objectively or independently. Which is the key point.
Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm
It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One
Posted by Kosh on Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:08 pm
Kosh User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 36783
Location: Leafy Worcester, home of the Black Pear
kirkstaller wrote:
I understand the science well enough

As a scientist myself, I can assure you that on the evidence of your posts you don't. At all. In any way.
Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm
It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One
Posted by kirkstaller on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:02 pm
kirkstaller User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 1318
Location: Kirkstall, Leeds
Kosh wrote:
And you're wrong again. Science has frequently investigated the supernatural and found there to be no evidence to support the existence of it in the commonly accepted sense. Ditto the paranormal.


How can science investigate the supernatural? How do you put God in a test tube? :CRAZY:

Only if you don't understand what critical analysis actually means.


You're saying the same as the other poster. Yours is the only conclusion which is sensible and everyone else's is silly. Why?

Not objectively or independently. Which is the key point.


What if those people were Muslims, Jews and even atheists? You can't get much more independent of Christianity than that :DOH:
Posted by kirkstaller on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:03 pm
kirkstaller User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:22 pm
Posts: 1318
Location: Kirkstall, Leeds
Kosh wrote:
As a scientist myself, I can assure you that on the evidence of your posts you don't. At all. In any way.


Yes you know everything and I know nothing. Classic argument from authority.
Posted by Kosh on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:20 am
Kosh User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 36783
Location: Leafy Worcester, home of the Black Pear
kirkstaller wrote:
How can science investigate the supernatural? How do you put God in a test tube? :CRAZY:

Ah, right. So now we establish that you don't understand what supernatural means, either. Sigh.

kirkstaller wrote:
You're saying the same as the other poster. Yours is the only conclusion which is sensible and everyone else's is silly. Why?

Am I? The definition of critical analysis is hardly my personal opinion.

kirkstaller wrote:
What if those people were Muslims, Jews and even atheists? You can't get much more independent of Christianity than that :DOH:

These are all examples of other people of faith, are they not? Hardly an independent viewpoint on a faith system really. If they debunk Christianity it puts their own complex system of fairytales at risk.
Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm
It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One
Posted by Kosh on Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:28 am
Kosh User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 36783
Location: Leafy Worcester, home of the Black Pear
kirkstaller wrote:
Yes you know everything and I know nothing. Classic argument from authority.

Comprehension isn't one of your strong suits either, it seems.

I didn't claim to 'know everything'. I do, however, understand how science works. It's even been explained to you on this thread and others by several different people. And yet you continue to post statements that clearly indicate you either don't understand science or are deliberately misrepresenting it.

And BTW I was very careful to make plain that I was making a deduction from the evidence of your posts, not an assumption about you as a person of faith. There are any number of deeply religious people who not only understand science but are actually scientists. Often very good scientists. I reckon they'd be quite embarrassed by some of the stuff you've posted on this thread alone.
Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm
It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One
Posted by Standee on Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:33 am
Standee Gold RLFANS Member
Gold RLFANS Member

Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:52 pm
Posts: 37503
kirkstaller wrote:
Yes you know everything and I know nothing. Classic argument from authority.


this from a man who believes in a giant sky pixie

tell us the one about some beardy bloke parting the sea

or maybe the one about feeding 5,000 people with a tin of john west and a couple of slices of warburtons

or my personal favourite, the one where some dude put 2 of each creature on a boat, and none of the predatory creatues ate the prey creatures, we came from Adam and Eve, but God didn't like how it tipped up, so he murdered everyone apart from this Noah bloke and his kids,and they gave rise to all of mankind (you know, even Asian, American, African, Middle Eastern, European variants, we're all from the same stock, yes siree)

you should move to the deep south, you'd be welcome there.
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to The Sin Bin


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,780,13067377,0334,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
TODAY 06:00
NRL
PENRITH
v
NEWCASTLE
TODAY 08:30
NRL
WESTS TIGERS
v
ST GEORGE
TODAY 10:30
NRL
CRONULLA
v
NQL COWBOYS
TODAY 15:15
 SL8s
SALFORD
v
WIDNES VIKINGS
TODAY 17:15
SUPER LEAGUE
CATALAN DRAGONS
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
TODAY 19:00
 SL8s
TOULOUSE
v
HALIFAX
TODAY 19:30
 SL8s
TORONTO
v
HULL KR
TOMORROW 05:00
NRL
CANTERBURY
v
NZ WARRIORS
TOMORROW 07:10
NRL
CANBERRA
v
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
TOMORROW 14:00
 CH ONE
HEMEL STAGS
v
CRUSADERS
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)