JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 15 11:343rd May 15 22:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[b][color=#0000BF]SUPPORT • SPONSOR • PLAY • JOIN A MIDLANDS RUGBY LEAGUE SUCCESS STORY

//www.coventrybears.co.uk[/color][/b]

Re: Finch leaving - official : Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:53 pm  
Bill Sonny wrote:
bit unfair to the lad, I don't think he'd be allowed to play like he does at Castleford if he was here at 6. He knows he has strike weapons everywhere at Wigan, but sadly at Cas there's him and not much else

That is true. He played well in the Exiles game last season and I hoped to see more performances like that for England in the 4Nations, seeing as he was around other quality players but it just didn't seem to happen. Also his link up play with Sam wasn't the best.

I have no problems with him as a player, just don't think he would fit in with what is in place at Wigan.
cadoo 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach13933
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 23 200617 years279th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Apr 24 16:423rd Apr 24 15:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Rugby Union: When entertainment just isn't your thing.

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:03 am  
Coventry Warrior! wrote:
I really do not want Chase anywhere near this Wigan team. He is not disciplined enough to play with our structures. The number of times I have seen Cas create an overlap only for Chase to be too greedy and muck it up. For everything good he does, he does a lot wrong.

But let us not forget that people have a tendency to blindly use the term 'greedy' to Sam Tomkins too. Rangi Chase is a class above any player at Castleford. For Castleford to play well he usually has to play well. Everything Castleford do comes through him - they rely on his individual brilliance - hence he is top of the try assist charts and hence on occasions he will go for glory himself because they rely on him to do that. I look at Chase and don't see someone who is greedy but I see someone who is a step ahead of the players around him & is very frustrated that players are not of a high enough quality to follow him. Similar to Trent Barrett's spell at Wigan. Similar to the start of Brett Finch's Wigan career.

I also fail to understand how anyone can irrefutably say with such affirmation that Rangi Chase is 'not disciplined enough to play with our structures' as you've just done now. Yes Rangi Chase is a player who can win games through individual brilliance but so is Sam Tomkins yet he fits into our structured systems magnificently with individual brilliance - greediness? - still shining through. Didn't Shaun Wane pre-season call for his strike players to take opportunities when they were on? To show off their skills? In fact wasn't it one of the main areas he worked on pre-season? I fail to see why people are ruling out Rangi Chase fitting into our systems. Chase didn't do too badly playing for the Exiles last year did he? I think he won MOTM too. Rangi Chase doesn't play to a system at Castleford because they haven't got any to the types we play (hence why they're struggling!) Swap Sam Tomkins & Rangi Chase and I'd bet you'd get the same result.

My personal opinion is that Chase is one of the best halfbacks in the league. He won Man of Steel last year as the best player in this league & while I feel that accolade should have gone to Sam Tomkins, I do however feel that Chase deserved to be in the top three. I've heard that Wigan are making a move for Chase & if we do get him I'll be very excited to see Rangi Chase & Sam Tomkins play in the same side.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5799No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 200618 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th May 15 11:343rd May 15 22:44LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[b][color=#0000BF]SUPPORT • SPONSOR • PLAY • JOIN A MIDLANDS RUGBY LEAGUE SUCCESS STORY

//www.coventrybears.co.uk[/color][/b]

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:00 am  
cadoo wrote:
But let us not forget that people have a tendency to blindly use the term 'greedy' to Sam Tomkins too. Rangi Chase is a class above any player at Castleford. For Castleford to play well he usually has to play well. Everything Castleford do comes through him - they rely on his individual brilliance - hence he is top of the try assist charts and hence on occasions he will go for glory himself because they rely on him to do that. I look at Chase and don't see someone who is greedy but I see someone who is a step ahead of the players around him & is very frustrated that players are not of a high enough quality to follow him. Similar to Trent Barrett's spell at Wigan. Similar to the start of Brett Finch's Wigan career.

I also fail to understand how anyone can irrefutably say with such affirmation that Rangi Chase is 'not disciplined enough to play with our structures' as you've just done now. Yes Rangi Chase is a player who can win games through individual brilliance but so is Sam Tomkins yet he fits into our structured systems magnificently with individual brilliance - greediness? - still shining through. Didn't Shaun Wane pre-season call for his strike players to take opportunities when they were on? To show off their skills? In fact wasn't it one of the main areas he worked on pre-season? I fail to see why people are ruling out Rangi Chase fitting into our systems. Chase didn't do too badly playing for the Exiles last year did he? I think he won MOTM too. Rangi Chase doesn't play to a system at Castleford because they haven't got any to the types we play (hence why they're struggling!) Swap Sam Tomkins & Rangi Chase and I'd bet you'd get the same result.

My personal opinion is that Chase is one of the best halfbacks in the league. He won Man of Steel last year as the best player in this league & while I feel that accolade should have gone to Sam Tomkins, I do however feel that Chase deserved to be in the top three. I've heard that Wigan are making a move for Chase & if we do get him I'll be very excited to see Rangi Chase & Sam Tomkins play in the same side.

As I have said above though, his performances for England left a lot to be desired. Even more so in his linking up with Sam Tomkins, you only need to see how much more effective our attack was down the right hand side, compared to the left to prove this.

Also Sam is now playing at FB and Chase in the halves so their roles within the team are very different, and would be very different together at Wigan.

No doubting Chase's ability but I would rather see a steady, safe replacement in the mould of Brett Finch, rather than someone like Chase. Just have to wait and see.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner14219No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 11 200321 years311th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
9th Jan 24 21:2631st Mar 23 16:11LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:12 am  
Rangi Chase for me is Moran mk2.
RankPostsTeam
International Star381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 27 201014 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Jul 14 23:0628th Jul 14 20:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:16 am  
A great shame, just as a dynasty was building. I expect to see Finchy wearing green and red next year. For me theres only 1 replacement in the Super League that could come anywhere near filling his boots, Dobson! Failing that, Sandow after a diet.
Pemps 
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach18736No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 14 200519 years264th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Apr 24 16:3316th Nov 23 17:08LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
king warrior wrote:
Adam Blair flew over yesterday and has been training the deal is going to be signed this week

Got to say this is a top signing

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:37 am  
Katrina wrote:

I'm assuming you mean you think he'd be a disappointment rather than comparing the type of player they are?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 12 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Sep 14 06:5926th Sep 14 19:21LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?

"unless you hit it directly at Paul Wellens, it's several minutes before he'll arrive at the ball." Saddened

"I'm done. Brown out. If LMS, Turner or Walker get in any match day squad i will not be attending from now on in." LFC Saint

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:48 am  
http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-warriors/finch-tipped-to-leave-on-a-high-1-4632652

SHAUN Wane reckons Brett Finch’s form will scale even greater heights in the crunch part of the season after confirming his intention to return to the NRL next year.

Wigan’s 12th straight victory last Saturday – a 36-14 win at Catalan – was overshadowed by confirmation that in-form Finch will leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season.

His decision ends weeks of intense speculation over his future, and despite his good form, Wane reckons the uncertainty has weighed on the playmaker’s mind.

He said: “I’m glad it’s all sorted now, because I know from the conversations we’ve had, that it has been on Brett’s mind a lot.

“Now he’s made his decision, he can concentrate 100 per cent on his performances and I think we’ll see the difference. His form has been fantastic and I think it’ll get even better now.”

Attention will now turn to who may replace the in-form No.6. With Thomas Leuluai heading to New Zealand Warriors, Wigan will have a new halfback pairing in 2013. A deal to bring in Salford’s scrum-half Matty Smith is thought to have been done, leaving Wane scouring the NRL and Super League for a stand-off.

Michael Maguire’s Souths are believed to be leading the chase for Finch. Maguire – who brought the stand-off to Wigan at the start of last year – has already lured Jeff Lima back to the NRL for next season.

Wigan officials insist they did everything they could to keep hold of the former Melbourne, Canberra, Parramatta and Sydney Roosters ace.

But he is thought to be keen on starting a role in the media now before he hangs up the boots.

One of the real characters of the game, Finch was offered a spot on Matthew Johns’ TV show before moving to the Super League.

Rugby general manager Kris Radlinski said: “We offered Brett the contract that he wanted but in the end his desire to return home and plan for his life after the game were too strong.”

Finch said he wanted to make a decision on his career early to give the Warriors time to find a replacement.

“The Wigan club has been fantastic to me and I felt that it was important to sort out my future now so that everyone knew the situation and so that the club could start to make other plans,” he said.

“There are a number of options back home that I find attractive and my life after footy needs to be given consideration.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in England and to play for a club like Wigan has been a dream. The fans have treated me so well and I will be eternally grateful to them for making me feel so welcome.

“I want to finish this season strongly as I am part of a special team and feel that we have every chance of winning more trophies.”

Radlinski added that he hoped that DaveO from RLfans was happy with that.:wink:
http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-warriors/finch-tipped-to-leave-on-a-high-1-4632652

SHAUN Wane reckons Brett Finch’s form will scale even greater heights in the crunch part of the season after confirming his intention to return to the NRL next year.

Wigan’s 12th straight victory last Saturday – a 36-14 win at Catalan – was overshadowed by confirmation that in-form Finch will leave the club when his contract expires at the end of the season.

His decision ends weeks of intense speculation over his future, and despite his good form, Wane reckons the uncertainty has weighed on the playmaker’s mind.

He said: “I’m glad it’s all sorted now, because I know from the conversations we’ve had, that it has been on Brett’s mind a lot.

“Now he’s made his decision, he can concentrate 100 per cent on his performances and I think we’ll see the difference. His form has been fantastic and I think it’ll get even better now.”

Attention will now turn to who may replace the in-form No.6. With Thomas Leuluai heading to New Zealand Warriors, Wigan will have a new halfback pairing in 2013. A deal to bring in Salford’s scrum-half Matty Smith is thought to have been done, leaving Wane scouring the NRL and Super League for a stand-off.

Michael Maguire’s Souths are believed to be leading the chase for Finch. Maguire – who brought the stand-off to Wigan at the start of last year – has already lured Jeff Lima back to the NRL for next season.

Wigan officials insist they did everything they could to keep hold of the former Melbourne, Canberra, Parramatta and Sydney Roosters ace.

But he is thought to be keen on starting a role in the media now before he hangs up the boots.

One of the real characters of the game, Finch was offered a spot on Matthew Johns’ TV show before moving to the Super League.

Rugby general manager Kris Radlinski said: “We offered Brett the contract that he wanted but in the end his desire to return home and plan for his life after the game were too strong.”

Finch said he wanted to make a decision on his career early to give the Warriors time to find a replacement.

“The Wigan club has been fantastic to me and I felt that it was important to sort out my future now so that everyone knew the situation and so that the club could start to make other plans,” he said.

“There are a number of options back home that I find attractive and my life after footy needs to be given consideration.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in England and to play for a club like Wigan has been a dream. The fans have treated me so well and I will be eternally grateful to them for making me feel so welcome.

“I want to finish this season strongly as I am part of a special team and feel that we have every chance of winning more trophies.”

Radlinski added that he hoped that DaveO from RLfans was happy with that.:wink:
RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1795No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 22 200320 years266th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 05:533rd Apr 24 12:15LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 am  
Katrina wrote:

Pretty harsh!

Chase can pass a ball - that automatically places him far higher than Moran.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3968No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 25 200915 years306th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
10th Apr 24 10:092nd Mar 24 11:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
What's the rumpus, Tom?

Pemps wrote:
I can't confirm Bennett's exact words but I believe they were along the lines of "Strewth Ian, I wouldn't touch him with yours. He's a flammin' Gala".

Wigan Peer wrote:
I keep my bin under 30mph to avoid fines... :CURTAIN:

MattyB wrote:
you cant tell me they are all busting for a turd.

Please see for me if she's wearing a coat so warm
To keep her from the howlin' winds.

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:46 am  
RankPostsTeam
Moderator14321
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 22 200122 years261st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 17:0411th Apr 24 10:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Finch leaving - official : Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:57 am  
tugglesf78 wrote:
Thoughts

Why is this in a thread about Brett Finch? :)
PreviousNext