JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 20149 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 19:1715th Oct 23 16:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:00 am  
Anticipation increasing for this one,now.
Hard to believe it is not yet a fortnight since our last victory in the cold,wet,and miserable weather against London;it seems like forever ago.

I suspect our good friend,duggs,has found amazing odds where everyone has written us off and he has found a suitable bookmakers so he can make a killing.I hope he does.

If this game lasts 2hours and 4 minutes I can make a later train,but if not I shall attempt to make Olympic standard times to reach the one leaving earlier.

I don't do sartorial elegance,after I decided to stop driving and travel by public transport,but it would be nice to wear the club colours.

Would I be right in thinking we go with the home kit of predominantly red for this game,as we did earlier in the year,and the same again for Widnes next week?

I can worry about Salford and their home kit of red with the black yoke on shoulders,chest and sides next month.

If I was a Bradford fan I would worry about Gaskell and Mullaney in the halves.Not least because I don't think hamstring problems fix in the short space of time since Mullaney injured his at The Keepmoat.

As I ain't I won't.Bring it on...
RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Oct 23 17:322nd Aug 21 12:06LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:17 pm  
Angelic Cynic wrote:
Anticipation increasing for this one,now.
Hard to believe it is not yet a fortnight since our last victory in the cold,wet,and miserable weather against London;it seems like forever ago.

I suspect our good friend,duggs,has found amazing odds where everyone has written us off and he has found a suitable bookmakers so he can make a killing.I hope he does.

If this game lasts 2hours and 4 minutes I can make a later train,but if not I shall attempt to make Olympic standard times to reach the one leaving earlier.

I don't do sartorial elegance,after I decided to stop driving and travel by public transport,but it would be nice to wear the club colours.

Would I be right in thinking we go with the home kit of predominantly red for this game,as we did earlier in the year,and the same again for Widnes next week?

I can worry about Salford and their home kit of red with the black yoke on shoulders,chest and sides next month.

If I was a Bradford fan I would worry about Gaskell and Mullaney in the halves.Not least because I don't think hamstring problems fix in the short space of time since Mullaney injured his at The Keepmoat.

As I ain't I won't.Bring it on...

If you're travelling by train, I'd imagine that you'll be coming through Leeds. Just FYI, the 508 Leeds to Halifax bus drops right outside Odsal and you can catch it from just outside Leeds train station.

If you want to go all the way through to Bradford by train, I'd suggest getting the one to the Interchange rather than Foster Square, as the Interchange is also the bus station.

However if you're making a day of it and fancy some real ale, Bradford's Independant Quarter is a 5 minute walk from Foster Square Station and has a number of excellent bars such as The Sparrow and Bier House
RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 20149 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:48 pm  
roofaldo2 wrote:
If you're travelling by train, I'd imagine that you'll be coming through Leeds. Just FYI, the 508 Leeds to Halifax bus drops right outside Odsal and you can catch it from just outside Leeds train station.

If you want to go all the way through to Bradford by train, I'd suggest getting the one to the Interchange rather than Foster Square, as the Interchange is also the bus station.

However if you're making a day of it and fancy some real ale, Bradford's Independant Quarter is a 5 minute walk from Foster Square Station and has a number of excellent bars such as The Sparrow and Bier House

Cheers.Thanks for that. :thumb:

No Langley in our squad.Interesting Squads :MOTOR: :CHEERS:
roofaldo2 wrote:

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:39 pm  
Angelic Cynic wrote:

No problem. I'd just add to that a few useful bus numbers 622, 625, 645 all run fairly regular even on a Sunday and run from the interchange and stop by the Top House (the pub outside Odsal). But if you're coming with a group it'd probably be cheaper to get a taxi, especially if you're off to the pub first.

Bradford's squad is arguably the strongest we've put out all year so I'm expecting us to come out all guns blazing
Angelic Cynic wrote:

No problem. I'd just add to that a few useful bus numbers 622, 625, 645 all run fairly regular even on a Sunday and run from the interchange and stop by the Top House (the pub outside Odsal). But if you're coming with a group it'd probably be cheaper to get a taxi, especially if you're off to the pub first.

Bradford's squad is arguably the strongest we've put out all year so I'm expecting us to come out all guns blazing
RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 20149 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:02 pm  
Just over 24 hours before the opportunity presents itself for our players to engrave their names in the history books for Sheffield Eagles.
I quite fancy having 'Promoted Via The Inaugural Super 8 Qualifiers' on my replica shirt in 2016;Looks a bit tidier than 'Winners Of The Inaugural Super 8 Qualifiers.'
Iconic Odsal of course has hosted a Challenge Cup Final replay and Test Matches vAustralia so it has had some talent previously on show.
I just hope our players continue the hard work they have got through since November - and continue the winning run.

I hope our supporters travel in numbers and lose their voices until they arrive at Widnes.
Today it seems the rail service has Signalling Problems tomorrow it will probably be engineering works.

Whatever the hardship,we can rely on our players sweating blood for the cause.

If they go for Mullaney as FB - I would like to see the bombs go up and come down with snow on - as neither he nor any of their wingers are happy under the high ball.

Whatever,hope the club and the supporters,have a great day.
Just over 24 hours before the opportunity presents itself for our players to engrave their names in the history books for Sheffield Eagles.
I quite fancy having 'Promoted Via The Inaugural Super 8 Qualifiers' on my replica shirt in 2016;Looks a bit tidier than 'Winners Of The Inaugural Super 8 Qualifiers.'
Iconic Odsal of course has hosted a Challenge Cup Final replay and Test Matches vAustralia so it has had some talent previously on show.
I just hope our players continue the hard work they have got through since November - and continue the winning run.

I hope our supporters travel in numbers and lose their voices until they arrive at Widnes.
Today it seems the rail service has Signalling Problems tomorrow it will probably be engineering works.

If they go for Mullaney as FB - I would like to see the bombs go up and come down with snow on - as neither he nor any of their wingers are happy under the high ball.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3213
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 26 201212 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:01 pm  
Angelic Cynic wrote:

Err, where did you come up with that fact about Mullaney or our wingers having trouble with highballs?
Angelic Cynic wrote:

Err, where did you come up with that fact about Mullaney or our wingers having trouble with highballs?
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5159
JoinedServiceReputation
May 17 200915 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 16:2927th Aug 19 15:20LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Sheffield Eagles - Back to Back National Champions 2012 and 2013 !!

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:45 am  
Angelic Cynic wrote:

We will be playing in RED.
RankPostsTeam
International Star925
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 17 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 21 11:4514th Jul 17 12:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship.
Usually found in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield.

Twitter - @DFSports97

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:35 pm  
Pretty much as expected from my point of view. Gaskell and Mullaney were both outstanding for Bradford at times, with O'Brien and Sidlow standing out in the Bulls forwards. Knowles gets my Eagles MoM as he tackled everything that moved today and seemed to get under their skin at one stage. Menzie was a close second, looked dangerous every time he had the ball and got a deserved try near the end. Week-by-week improvement is all I ask of the lads and if we grab a win or two along the way then that's a bonus.

There'll be a few players taking to the field in an Eagles shirt for the last time by the end of the Qualifiers so I hope they go out on a high. Match report from today will be up in the next few hours.
RankPostsTeam
International Star925
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 17 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th May 21 11:4514th Jul 17 12:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Write for a few rugby league websites, mainly about the Kingstone Press Championship.
Usually found in Sunderland, sometimes in Sheffield.

Twitter - @DFSports97

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:51 pm  
Star Man Gaskell Leads Bradford To Victory - http://wp.me/p3JxPK-z1
Star Man Gaskell Leads Bradford To Victory - http://wp.me/p3JxPK-z1
RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 20149 years290th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Qualifiers Game 1 - Bradford Away : Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:46 pm  
roofaldo2 wrote:

Forums,mainly.My face was as red as my shirt when your winger took one extremely well;but they weren't really tested.

That was far superior performance than the one earlier in the year with a similar scoreline.I would suggest the first half was as good from an opposition side as I have seen,this year.( Includes HullFC in LCC )

Your short passing game,in both directions,with the support play was a delight to watch.

Our performance wasn't.

I am probably mistaken - but I thought your first try may have been scored after 6 tackles.No one complained so I am probably,totally,incorrect.

DannytheEagle wrote:
There'll be a few players taking to the field in an Eagles shirt for the last time by the end of the Qualifiers so I hope they go out on a high. Match report from today will be up in the next few hours.

I don't like this time of the season when players are looking elsewhere,or have already signed for another club.There are rumours about some of our players not willing/able to go full time.

We did look lethargic and not our usual selves out there today.Particularly when Sidlow,their prop,made his break.

All to play for when free-spending Leigh and Super League Wakefield are in the same position.

We lost away to a full time team who certainly made the chasm look a little large today.

Everything still to play for.Our Dublin member of the supporters club is pushing her wheelbarrow through the streets broad and narrow crying 'Sheffield Eagles - Alive,Alive,Oh!'
PreviousNext