WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours 2019

Board index Super League Hull KR Rumours 2019

Re: Rumours 2019
Post Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:16 pm
Posted by His Bobness on Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:16 pm
His Bobness User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:21 pm
Posts: 1077
Location: Hibbing, Minnesota.
ColD wrote:
Is he not a Leigh player ??


No he was not a loan signing he left Leigh permanently, Crooks similarly.
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:35 am
Posted by barham red on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:35 am
barham red User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:09 am
Posts: 5270
fun time frankie wrote:
With Donaldson gone who is going to win all the penalties with head high tackles


Chris Atkin :D
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 am
Posted by craig hkr on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 am
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 1664
Bodene Thompson from Leigh/Warry was strong rumour heard yesterday. Good signing if true imo.Got a nasty streak on the pitch him Hauraki and Jewitt gives us a bit of steel in pack.Think Lannon quite fiery as well so seems the passive nature of the pack is being addressed finally?
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:04 am
Posted by thepimp007 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:04 am
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1616
craig hkr wrote:
Bodene Thompson from Leigh/Warry was strong rumour heard yesterday. Good signing if true imo.Got a nasty streak on the pitch him Hauraki and Jewitt gives us a bit of steel in pack.Think Lannon quite fiery as well so seems the passive nature of the pack is being addressed finally?


Thompson is a very strong player for me. Plenty toughness in defence. I am really surprised you guys signed Hauraki bit of a penalty machine. Lannon has progressed well at Salford and looks strong. Glad to see you guys stay up always had a bit of a soft spot for KR since we (Dudley Hill) came in the Northern Rail cup, played you off the park for 20 minutes winning 10-0 then on came Aizue and Phil Hasty. Ha ha good memories
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:20 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:20 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 1664
thepimp007 wrote:
Thompson is a very strong player for me. Plenty toughness in defence. I am really surprised you guys signed Hauraki bit of a penalty machine. Lannon has progressed well at Salford and looks strong. Glad to see you guys stay up always had a bit of a soft spot for KR since we (Dudley Hill) came in the Northern Rail cup, played you off the park for 20 minutes winning 10-0 then on came Aizue and Phil Hasty. Ha ha good memories


Cheers. We are hoping Hauraki does what Tickle did and exceed expectation.Think most Rovers fans think we have been bit small overall in the pack and also a little too nice as a team since Newton ran the pack. Hauraki should/could be what we need as long as daft penalties are cut out? Lannon ,Jewitt, Thompson(maybe)Hauraki plus likes of Tomkins Greenwood and Masoe and Mulhern and it looks far more formidable imo. Kav Clarkson Donno were 100% types,particularly Donno but no room for sentiments and a problem that has been obvious since Morgan left is finally being sorted it seems
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:53 pm
Posted by LifeLongHKRFan on Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:53 pm
LifeLongHKRFan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,258

Quiz Score: 328

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 2052
craig hkr wrote:
Cheers. We are hoping Hauraki does what Tickle did and exceed expectation.Think most Rovers fans think we have been bit small overall in the pack and also a little too nice as a team since Newton ran the pack. Hauraki should/could be what we need as long as daft penalties are cut out? Lannon ,Jewitt, Thompson(maybe)Hauraki plus likes of Tomkins Greenwood and Masoe and Mulhern and it looks far more formidable imo. Kav Clarkson Donno were 100% types,particularly Donno but no room for sentiments and a problem that has been obvious since Morgan left is finally being sorted it seems

I thought Sandercock sorted our pack out and under him in his last season, we had on paper a big pack with the likes of Taylor, Weyman, Poore and Walker in the front row along with Costigan in the back row. The problem we had was that we never replaced Dobson and had to put up with Kris Keating and Travis Burns. We seemed to have no problem rolling down the field but couldn't score when we got to the oppositions line and of course our defense was poor.
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:34 pm
Posted by thepimp007 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:34 pm
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1616
craig hkr wrote:
Cheers. We are hoping Hauraki does what Tickle did and exceed expectation.Think most Rovers fans think we have been bit small overall in the pack and also a little too nice as a team since Newton ran the pack. Hauraki should/could be what we need as long as daft penalties are cut out? Lannon ,Jewitt, Thompson(maybe)Hauraki plus likes of Tomkins Greenwood and Masoe and Mulhern and it looks far more formidable imo. Kav Clarkson Donno were 100% types,particularly Donno but no room for sentiments and a problem that has been obvious since Morgan left is finally being sorted it seems


Got to admit was a touch envious of your pack that had Vella, Newton and Galea in. I would take a punt on Donaldson again at the Bulls as he looked very sharp for you guys in the championship
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:49 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:49 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:00 pm
Posts: 1664
LifeLongHKRFan wrote:
I thought Sandercock sorted our pack out and under him in his last season, we had on paper a big pack with the likes of Taylor, Weyman, Poore and Walker in the front row along with Costigan in the back row. The problem we had was that we never replaced Dobson and had to put up with Kris Keating and Travis Burns. We seemed to have no problem rolling down the field but couldn't score when we got to the oppositions line and of course our defense was poor.


Not sure all of them played in same team? But yes Weyman was very good.Poore hardly played Costigan was lazy.Seem to remember Weyman carrying pack on his own?
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 pm
Posted by Mild Rover on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:58 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 77,258

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 10535
Location: Leicestershire.
LifeLongHKRFan wrote:
I thought Sandercock sorted our pack out and under him in his last season, we had on paper a big pack with the likes of Taylor, Weyman, Poore and Walker in the front row along with Costigan in the back row. The problem we had was that we never replaced Dobson and had to put up with Kris Keating and Travis Burns. We seemed to have no problem rolling down the field but couldn't score when we got to the oppositions line and of course our defense was poor.


Taylor’s last season with us was 2012. Walker was effectively his replacement. Weyman, Poore and Costigan arrived for 2014, along with Langley. Even though Paea left, that felt like the last time we made a conscious effort to stop being bullied. Rugged as they were, their impact was pretty brief, as age and injuries caught up with them.

2015 we lost Weyman to retirement, and Ryan Bailey, having played 300+ games for one club was just starting on his new mission to play one game for 300+ clubs. That left us scrambling a bit.

Clarkson has been a good servant and Mulhern has matured really well, but 2016s forward recruitment seemed to be aimed at maximising opportunities for Kieran Moran.

That a 35-year old Danny Tickle has been a massive breath of fresh air tells its own story. James Webster’s pre-season ‘mobile pack’ quote was deeply dispiriting at the time. But we survived, and this looks fairly promising imo:

Masoe
Lunt
Mulhern
Greenwood
Tomkins
Lannon

Jewitt, Lee, Hauraki, Lawler.

Plus a few more re-signings and new signings. Hopefully Josh Johnson will come on a bit.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Re: Rumours 2019
Post Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:41 pm
Posted by thepimp007 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:41 pm
thepimp007 User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 5
Rep Position: 30th / 77,258

Quiz Score: 432

Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:05 am
Posts: 1616
Mild Rover wrote:
, and Ryan Bailey, having played 300+ games for one club was just starting on his new mission to play one game for 300+ clubs.


Thats brilliant :lol: :lol:
PreviousNext

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: craig hkr, CumbriaGiant, joburg, Old Timer No 4 and 57 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,810,0521,90077,2584,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






59