WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - OT Josh hodgson

Board index Super League Hull KR OT Josh hodgson

OT Josh hodgson
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:14 am
Posted by LifeLongHKRFan on Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:14 am
LifeLongHKRFan User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 20
Rep Position: 85th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 328

Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:17 pm
Posts: 2081
Interesting article from our former number 9. Can't believe Hull let him go just for the sake of £2k extra a year. Good to see him doing well.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/josh-ho ... m=referral
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:42 pm
Posted by robinrovers10 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:42 pm
robinrovers10 User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 7
Rep Position: 98th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 250
Location: East Hull
If I remember rightly, F.C chose to go down the Danny Houghton route, with Washbrook as backup. To be fair, as much as he gets knocked Houghton has had a pretty good career, however I just wonder what would have happened if they chose to go with Hodgson? Out of the 2 I would say Hodgson is by far the better allround player, and his England selection justifies his dominance.
PROUD TO BE A ROBIN!
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:52 pm
Posted by EastHullUTR on Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:52 pm
EastHullUTR User avatar
Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

Reputation Points: 34
Rep Position: 71st / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 2:50 pm
Posts: 259
Location: East Hull, is wonderful...
Think he shown what he really thinks of Hull FC at magic in 2014!
"Never forget the people who love you... The Supporters" Roger Millward MBE 1947-2016
Hull Kingston Rovers, Hull's number one club
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:09 pm
Posted by SirStan on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:09 pm
SirStan Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 13
Rep Position: 92nd / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 8:14 pm
Posts: 8704
Location: 2017 City of Culture
Josh is a shining example of someone who is focussed and prepared to work hard to get where he wants to be. He probably made it easier on himself by moving to Rovers as it got him up the queue for a starting position. However with his clear determination he would have made it anyway. A real success story.

Both clubs contributed to his development and both sets of fans should be proud. He’s one of our own...
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:29 pm
Posted by Hessle Roader on Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:29 pm
Hessle Roader User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 38
Rep Position: 67th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 320

Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2006 10:43 am
Posts: 4338
Location: Drypool Bridge - watching out for invaders from the East.
SirStan wrote:
Josh is a shining example of someone who is focussed and prepared to work hard to get where he wants to be. He probably made it easier on himself by moving to Rovers as it got him up the queue for a starting position. However with his clear determination he would have made it anyway. A real success story.

Both clubs contributed to his development and both sets of fans should be proud. He’s one of our own...



Well said Stan. Anyone from this city who achieves success will always get my support.
JOHNNY WHITELEY - A TRUE RUGBY LEAGUE LEGEND
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:21 pm
Posted by Dave K. on Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:21 pm
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 57
Rep Position: 50th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 18883
Location: Back in Hull.
robinrovers10 wrote:
If I remember rightly, F.C chose to go down the Danny Houghton route, with Washbrook as backup. To be fair, as much as he gets knocked Houghton has had a pretty good career, however I just wonder what would have happened if they chose to go with Hodgson? Out of the 2 I would say Hodgson is by far the better allround player, and his England selection justifies his dominance.


We had Houghton and Berrigan, I'd say it was a tough decision, but IMO we made the right one, we will have 15 years excellent service out of Houghton, whilst we would have only got 5 or so out of Josh. Think Houghton suits our style and whilst Hodgson was a good SL player his game has improved massively under top NRL coaching.

As above I'm sure fans of both clubs are pleased to see him doing so well.
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:38 pm
Posted by Burtons Forearm on Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:38 pm
Burtons Forearm Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 16
Rep Position: 89th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:58 pm
Posts: 1083
Dave K. wrote:
We had Houghton and Berrigan, I'd say it was a tough decision, but IMO we made the right one, we will have 15 years excellent service out of Houghton, whilst we would have only got 5 or so out of Josh. Think Houghton suits our style and whilst Hodgson was a good SL player his game has improved massively under top NRL coaching.

As above I'm sure fans of both clubs are pleased to see him doing so well.

Really 15 years of Houghton better than having the chance of 15 years of Hodgson. Nah you got that very wrong.
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:28 pm
Posted by R.B.A on Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:28 pm
R.B.A 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 104th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 9:02 pm
Posts: 3858
The Hodgson/Houghton comparisons are totally irrelevant to why Josh left Hull. He didn't even play hooker when he was at Hull, he captained the Academy and reserve grade from the back row which is where Hull saw him progressing.
"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 am
Posted by Dave K. on Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:16 am
Dave K. 100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 57
Rep Position: 50th / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2003 2:48 am
Posts: 18883
Location: Back in Hull.
Burtons Forearm wrote:
Really 15 years of Houghton better than having the chance of 15 years of Hodgson. Nah you got that very wrong.


We wouldn't have had Hodgson for 15 years as he had NRL ambitions. I'm very happy with Houghton and what he has done for Hull, helped massively to win us two cups, get us competing again, he has been consistently very good for us and hardly misses a game, he has also won the man of steel. Nobody can say any of these would have happened with Hodgson if he stayed at Hull. I'm happy with the choice Hull made
Re: OT Josh hodgson
Post Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:15 am
Posted by Mild Rover on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:15 am
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 68
Rep Position: 41st / 77,338

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:49 am
Posts: 10571
Location: Leicestershire.
Aye, it’s not zero sum. It was best for JH, it benefitted Rovers and didn’t seriously damage Hull.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 48 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Hull KR


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,826,86697877,3384,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Fri 1st Feb 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
Sat 9th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
WARRINGTON
v
HULL KR
Sun 17th Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
LONDON BRONCOS
Sat 23rd Feb 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
SALFORD
Fri 1st Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
CASTLEFORD
v
HULL KR
Sun 10th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
WAKEFIELD
v
HULL KR
Sun 17th Mar 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
CATALAN DRAGONS
Fri 22nd Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL KR
Fri 29th Mar 19:45
SLXXIV
ST. HELENS
v
HULL KR
Thu 4th Apr 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
LEEDS RHINOS
Fri 19th Apr 13:00
SLXXIV
HULL FC
v
HULL KR
Mon 22nd Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Sun 28th Apr 15:00
SLXXIV
LEEDS RHINOS
v
HULL KR
Sun 5th May 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
ST. HELENS
Fri 17th May 19:45
SLXXIV
HUDDERSFIELD
v
HULL KR
Sun 9th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WIGAN WARRIORS
Sat 15th Jun 15:00
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
WARRINGTON
Thu 20th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
LONDON BRONCOS
v
HULL KR
Thu 27th Jun 19:45
SLXXIV
HULL KR
v
HULL FC
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






59