Board index Qualifiers Eights Hull KR Joint 8th

Joint 8th
Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:10 pm
Posted by Zook Ema's Hose on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:10 pm
Zook Ema's Hose Stevo's Armpit

Reputation Points: 1
Rep Position: 34th / 77,218

Quiz Score: 0

After tonight’s comfortable victory we are now joint 8th. A much rosier picture and a realistic chance to pick up two more points next week. McGuire’s ability to steer a team round a park is significantly better than anything Wire have to offer so I expect us to approach this one with confidence.
Re: Joint 8th
Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:15 pm
Posted by REDEOD on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:15 pm
REDEOD Stevo's Armpit

Zook Ema's Hose wrote:
After tonight’s comfortable victory we are now joint 8th. A much rosier picture and a realistic chance to pick up two more points next week. McGuire’s ability to steer a team round a park is significantly better than anything Wire have to offer so I expect us to approach this one with confidence.

It sounded anything but comfortable on t’internet. It seemed like rovers profited from Widnes’ injuries meaning they had no bench for half an hour.

That said it does look rosier on the table, and for a bit of perspective Leeds, Les Cats and the derby were all games that the lads could/should have won which would have given a totally different perspective on the season so far.

But that’s sport all over “if only”.
As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil.
Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:27 pm
Posted by fun time frankie on Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:27 pm
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,218

REDEOD wrote:
It sounded anything but comfortable on t’internet. It seemed like rovers profited from Widnes’ injuries meaning they had no bench for half an hour.

That said it does look rosier on the table, and for a bit of perspective Leeds, Les Cats and the derby were all games that the lads could/should have won which would have given a totally different perspective on the season so far.

But that’s sport all over “if only”.

Probably did help us but they scored there 2 tries when we were down to 12 we didn't look great at times but it was an important win
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:07 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:07 pm
craig hkr Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 77,218

Certainly looks healthier after today's results.Wakey and Hull are not solid and could be dragged into the bunfight? Few teams struggling with injuries.We seem to get a few back and lose a few more each game.We aren't doing that bad really?
Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:20 pm
Posted by REDEOD on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:20 pm
REDEOD Stevo's Armpit

craig hkr wrote:
Certainly looks healthier after today's results.Wakey and Hull are not solid and could be dragged into the bunfight? Few teams struggling with injuries.We seem to get a few back and lose a few more each game.We aren't doing that bad really?

Another concussion for Hefs a worry, hopefully VaiVai gets up to speed quick
As i walk through the valley of the shadow of death i shall fear no evil.
Post Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:29 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:29 pm
Free-scoring winger

Not sure tonight's was anything more than precaution? I like Minns and Heff as centres when fit. Seems a strange use of quota to bring in another centre with Salter/Blair already covering? But he's here and we may see him sooner than the expected Oldham debut?
Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 pm
Posted by The Reason on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 pm
The Reason Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

We are 9th. Widnes are 8th in the table on 6 points with a -39 pd.

We are 9th in the table on 6 points with a -57 pd.

On the points assumption we are joint 10th with Salford on 6 points with a -64 pd .

We need to get out of this bottom four scrap , I doubt we Will as the Chairman , Sheens and Peacock seem to think we have a SL squad .....
Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:47 pm
Posted by craig hkr on Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:47 pm
Free-scoring winger

You could look at it that way or you could say if we had of converted a glorious chance to beat Hull in the Derby we would be on level points with a team who still expect to make Old Trafford? You seem to dislike Hudge Peacock and find it hard to say anything positive about KR? Iv just had the pleasure of reading all your posts and aside from a fetishism for Jean Capdouze I wouldn't know you supported The Rovers. Maybe you do and maybe you are just hard to please but what did you expect so far?
Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm
Posted by fun time frankie on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:08 pm
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Reputation Points: 6
Rep Position: 29th / 77,218

The Reason wrote:
We are 9th. Widnes are 8th in the table on 6 points with a -39 pd.

We are 9th in the table on 6 points with a -57 pd.

On the points assumption we are joint 10th with Salford on 6 points with a -64 pd .

We need to get out of this bottom four scrap , I doubt we Will as the Chairman , Sheens and Peacock seem to think we have a SL squad .....

Instead of your constant glass half empty stuff you come out with why don't you look for something positive to say because your slagging off of the chairman and coaching staff is getting a bit tiresome
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Post Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 pm
Posted by The Reason on Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:10 pm
The Reason Strong-running second rower
Strong-running second rower

craig hkr wrote:
You could look at it that way or you could say if we had of converted a glorious chance to beat Hull in the Derby we would be on level points with a team who still expect to make Old Trafford? You seem to dislike Hudge Peacock and find it hard to say anything positive about KR? Iv just had the pleasure of reading all your posts and aside from a fetishism for Jean Capdouze I wouldn't know you supported The Rovers. Maybe you do and maybe you are just hard to please but what did you expect so far?

I’m flattered you have taken time out of your evening to read all my posts . I respect what Hudgell has done for our club and along with Rob and the B.O.D .

Hudgell is arrogant , in my opinion he takes fans for granted , Any fan who criticises the club is ridiculed by him in the media or via social media

Peacock .. The guy who said we were strong enough for the middle eights and didn’t need to recruit when other teams in the dogfight were recruiting .... then felt the need to lace up his boots to get us out of the relegation battle and failed miserably ..... Do I dislike him as you stated , I can’t answer that I don’t know the bloke , my opinion on him .... like to Campese takes the pickle out of the club in my opinion .

I am a Rovers fan , I am also a realist and not a happy clapper . I’m at games always happy to chat ..
Next