FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

Current LIVE TV Match : Hull Kingston Rovers 34 - 10 Hull FC LIVE ON SKY SPORTS Full Time.
WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Rumours
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jul 19 16:551st Jul 19 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Rumours : Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:09 pm  
Now the season is over might as well start a rumours thread listening to humberside today nick pinkney reckoned Blair was leaving (hope he's wrong) and we're signing Scarsbrook
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8741
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200519 years301st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
16th Dec 23 15:5416th May 22 19:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours : Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:22 pm  
I heard that Phil Clarke invented a new team called the Dragalans, I had to play it 3 times before I could stop laughing at the fcuktard.
Last edited by SirStan on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RankPostsTeam
International Star2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 17 200914 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Dec 17 14:1413th Dec 17 08:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well

Re: Rumours : Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:07 am  
SirStan wrote:
I heard that Phil Clarke invented a new team called the Dragalans, I had to play it 3 times before I could stop laughing at the fcuktard.

What ever Phil Clark says he is boring But watching Widnes V Cats was worse I think it was the worse game on TV this season
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12568
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:2225th Mar 24 07:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Rumours : Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:38 am  
Should be a fascinating recruitment round. Even with the known/assumed departures, we have decent depth. So it should be about adding quality and power IMO. Easier said than done, of course.

I hope the club is aiming higher than 'just' making the top 8, for all that I'd take that now. I really want us to have a team that can go out and play aggressively to seize control of games, rather than have to be brave to contain the opposition. 80 minute performances are hard to achieve, especially week-in, week out. I'd love to see a Rovers team that can win playing below their best (as they often did this year, in the Championship), and that doesn't regularly blow games in a 10 minute bad spell. So players who can play a bit of smash mouth football would be welcome.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Re: Rumours : Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:02 am  
Mild Rover wrote:
Should be a fascinating recruitment round. Even with the known/assumed departures, we have decent depth. So it should be about adding quality and power IMO. Easier said than done, of course.

I hope the club is aiming higher than 'just' making the top 8, for all that I'd take that now. I really want us to have a team that can go out and play aggressively to seize control of games, rather than have to be brave to contain the opposition. 80 minute performances are hard to achieve, especially week-in, week out. I'd love to see a Rovers team that can win playing below their best (as they often did this year, in the Championship), and that doesn't regularly blow games in a 10 minute bad spell. So players who can play a bit of smash mouth football would be welcome.

Well sheens said after the game we're going to have to add a bit of size in the forwards something we've needed for about 5 seasons really
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4767
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 04 200321 years123rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 07:4625th Mar 24 15:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
[IMG]//i50.tinypic.com/a59ff5.gif[/IMG]

Re: Rumours : Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:20 am  
fun time frankie wrote:
Well sheens said after the game we're going to have to add a bit of size in the forwards something we've needed for about 5 seasons really

This the problem for you guys, you will no doubt have some quality but looking for a full team that comptes and has the forward power will be hard for next year. For me its about small steps, avoid the mpg secure your SL spot should be first, if you do that early doors then better players will be available. Looking round now a lot of players are snapped up next thing will be over inflated contracts etc. Good luck but keep things in perspective. Since Chester left you and came to us we have slowly been building a competative team that has great attack from all over the field. In addition the squad is more settled previously our players were into and out of the club more than the fans clicked the turnstyles.
moxi1 
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3897No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 07 200618 years282nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Mar 24 10:2528th Feb 24 17:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Rumours : Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:42 am  
REDWHITEANDBLUE wrote:
This the problem for you guys, you will no doubt have some quality but looking for a full team that comptes and has the forward power will be hard for next year. For me its about small steps, avoid the mpg secure your SL spot should be first, if you do that early doors then better players will be available. Looking round now a lot of players are snapped up next thing will be over inflated contracts etc. Good luck but keep things in perspective. Since Chester left you and came to us we have slowly been building a competative team that has great attack from all over the field. In addition the squad is more settled previously our players were into and out of the club more than the fans clicked the turnstyles.

Rovers won't pay over inflated contracts anymore, think the club have learnt not to do this the hard way. Certainly with our current management, we have as good chance as any to recruit decent players for what they're worth.
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature

Re: Rumours : Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:43 am  
REDWHITEANDBLUE wrote:

I wonder if the experts will predict you to finish bottom next season as they usually do for some reason :D
RankPostsTeam
Moderator12568
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 01 200717 years125th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Mar 24 23:2225th Mar 24 07:35LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.

Re: Rumours : Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:22 am  
REDWHITEANDBLUE wrote:

For me, there's something to be said for a bold statement of intent and continuing to build momentum. Part of the reason I think we started paying over the odds for players was that we decided to enter a period of 'transition' when Morgan left. Sadly it became a bit of a cycle of stagnation. Players wanted more to come to a team that wasn't expecting to achieve much on the pitch for the next 2 or 3 years, I strongly suspect. And they were likely players more motivated by money than by winning.

Steps too small, and an excess of patience risk seeing us stall again IMO.

As with all things, there's a balance to be struck and I imagine it has been a tough year for us financially, despite the excellent support from the fans. But the chairman sounded a fairly ambitious note after the Widnes game, I thought.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain349
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 05 20167 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Feb 20 11:1915th Nov 18 22:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Stop Pi55ing up my back and telling me it's raining !!!!

Re: Rumours : Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:30 am  
The biggest issue to address next season is the balance of squad depth over spending ability.
Ever season the teams in the bottom 4 are the ones who have had the worst injury crisis. Leeds last year against this been a good example. Or us with no half backs last term.
This year Leigh, Cats and Widnes have played for large parts of the season with " bare bones" squads.
We all want quality, but some sacrifice to quantity as to be made.
Super League is brutal on players bodies, lower limb and shoulder injuries are now expected rather than bad luck, plus the head injury rule (totally needed).
So a 36 + size squad is a must to have any hope of top 8.with good cover for all positions. In short we need that A team
Next