WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Team to play Catalans

Board index Super 8s - Qualifiers Hull KR Team to play Catalans

Re: Team to play Catalans
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

fun time frankie wrote:
I agree unless there busted what's the point obviously love him or loathe him give cockayne a farewell game something that I felt Morgan should have done with Stanley Gene

Tbf, there's a bit of a difference between a play-off game, as it was in 2009, and a post-promotion celebration game.

It is a weakness of this format that we won't have our strongest possible team out and I feel a bit for Leigh and Widnes. But Leeds were already sending players for surgery when they failed to beat Hudds last year, and it is only sensible we do the same now.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:35 pm
fun time frankie Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Mild Rover wrote:
Tbf, there's a bit of a difference between a play-off game, as it was in 2009, and a post-promotion celebration game.

It is a weakness of this format that we won't have our strongest possible team out and I feel a bit for Leigh and Widnes. But Leeds were already sending players for surgery when they failed to beat Hudds last year, and it is only sensible we do the same now.

It was a nothing game wasn't it if was a play off game I could of understood
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:42 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

fun time frankie wrote:
It was a nothing game wasn't it if was a play off game I could of understood

Iirc, he played in our first SL play-off game at Headingley, but was dropped when we played Wigan at CP the week after.
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:45 pm
Silver RLFANS Member

Mild Rover wrote:
Iirc, he played in our first SL play-off game at Headingley, but was dropped when we played Wigan at CP the week after.

I'm thinking of the last league game I think when we couldnt move from 4th
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:55 pm
Mild Rover User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

fun time frankie wrote:
I'm thinking of the last league game I think when we couldnt move from 4th

Looking back at the results, I think third must have have still been possible at that stage. And tbf, the timings would have been a bit odd potentially. What if he'd been needed against Wigan having already done his big farewell?

Cockayne is very lucky that things have fallen as they have, rather than Gene being unlucky.
Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm
Silver RLFANS Member

Mild Rover wrote:
Looking back at the results, I think third must have have still been possible at that stage. And tbf, the timings would have been a bit odd potentially. What if he'd been needed against Wigan having already done his big farewell?

Cockayne is very lucky that things have fallen as they have, rather than Gene being unlucky.

I think I'll bow to your superior knowledge :D and yes Cockayne is very lucky I still can't quite believe it myself
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:16 pm
robinrovers10 User avatar
Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Keiththered wrote:
Unless they are injured what is the point of resting players with only two matches to play? Why did you pick Blair to start and Jewitt on the bench from the regulars over the last few matches?

Because Blair is going home, and Jewitt is the most senior front rower with Scuton going for surgery soon.
PROUD TO BE A ROBIN!
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:25 pm
Hessle rover User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Is this Blairs last season?
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:52 pm
barham red User avatar
Silver RLFANS Member
Silver RLFANS Member

Hessle rover wrote:
Is this Blairs last season?

He's got another year left on his contract and has apparently stated he will be staying.
Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:56 pm
Salty mouse Eddie Hemmings's Wig
Eddie Hemmings's Wig

Cannot imagine Bobby wouldn't want to play for us next season.
PreviousNext