JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 05 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Feb 20 11:1915th Nov 18 22:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Stop Pi55ing up my back and telling me it's raining !!!!

Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:26 am  
There seems to be an issue brewing with Sheffield with regard to their share of the gate for the cup game.
Are teams like Sheffield who dont bring any more than a minibus of fans to away games, visiting the better supported clubs entitled to have a right to demand what share of the gate they receive ?

Or do the more fortunate clubs have a moral obligation to financially support the smaller clubs and ensure their survival ?
What would be a fair split, keep your own ticket sales ? 70/30 ?, 50/50 after overheads are covered ?
RankPostsTeam
International Star1583No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 07 201311 years182nd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
6th Apr 24 23:011st Oct 23 15:37LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:51 am  
BiltonRobin wrote:
There seems to be an issue brewing with Sheffield with regard to their share of the gate for the cup game.
Are teams like Sheffield who dont bring any more than a minibus of fans to away games, visiting the better supported clubs entitled to have a right to demand what share of the gate they receive ?

Or do the more fortunate clubs have a moral obligation to financially support the smaller clubs and ensure their survival ?
What would be a fair split, keep your own ticket sales ? 70/30 ?, 50/50 after overheads are covered ?

I don't think there can be any discussions on how the gate proceeds are split for cup matches. RFL rules say 50/50 after expenses deducted. The issue as I read it is that we want to reduce the prices to encourage a bigger attendance whilst Sheffield want normal prices.
RankPostsTeam
International Star334No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 28 201311 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Jun 18 10:0417th May 18 21:48LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:17 pm  
Having seen their appalling support yesterday, they will be after every penny form the Rovers supporters to subsidise their trip!
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain349
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 05 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
28th Feb 20 11:1915th Nov 18 22:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
Stop Pi55ing up my back and telling me it's raining !!!!

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:19 pm  
Keiththered wrote:
I don't think there can be any discussions on how the gate proceeds are split for cup matches. RFL rules say 50/50 after expenses deducted. The issue as I read it is that we want to reduce the prices to encourage a bigger attendance whilst Sheffield want normal prices.

OK thanks for that, It wasn't very clear in the Daily Mail.
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain289
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 14 20149 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
7th Jul 19 19:337th Jul 19 19:33LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
PROUD TO BE A ROBIN!

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:53 pm  
If I didn't mean I would miss watching the team I love I would be happy to boycott watching Rovers at Sheffield, Oldham and any other team that cant be @rsed to bring more then a skateboard full of fans. A team in the NCL like Siddal would bring more then 16 fans for gods sake
RankPostsTeam
International Star7181No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 21 20149 years289th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
17th Mar 24 19:1715th Oct 23 16:05LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:35 pm  
Ah,the rugby league family.
A group of supporters of a club that has been in existence since time began and spent all of those years getting all of that money from Super League/Television looking down on supporters of 2 clubs who have had a difficult few years and a peripatetic existence.

You managed to score 48 points and keep Oldham to nil,and win by 40 points yesterday.Every reason why loyal supporters from Oldham and Sheffield should have been happy to be in attendance then.

The lack of support for clubs in Hull has been noticed.The RFL was forced to give your good neighbours Gateshead Thunder lock,stock and barrel to help raise their support and keep that club going.

You of course managed to resist a merger.Sheffield Eagles,after winning the Challenge Cup,did not.

The council of Sheffield do not assist as much as the council of Hull does.

The impossible takes time and miracles a little longer. Both may be attempted once a home stadium is positioned in the Sheffield community.

Had fate determined that you had drawn against Siddal,then the distribution of the monies for a Challenge Cup game would be exactly the same as they are.

Had the RFL determined that following crowd disorder you had to play outside of the city for a year,I would suggest that you may have lost a few from the number of your supporters.

Had you had to play at a number of different stadia over a number of years you may have lost more.

It is a wonderful feeling to know that some rugby league supporters can attend every game and Hull KR sell-out each and every home game and take thousands to every away game.Oh,they don't? But they're missing Ben Cockayne! What a failing club not 'enticing' members of the public to attend a rugby league game.

I won't be asking you lot what should be done,then...
RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 13 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
4th Jul 19 16:551st Jul 19 19:51LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:12 pm  
Angelic Cynic wrote:
A group of supporters of a club that has been in existence since time began and spent all of those years getting all of that money from Super League/Television looking down on supporters of 2 clubs who have had a difficult few years and a peripatetic existence.

You managed to score 48 points and keep Oldham to nil,and win by 40 points yesterday.Every reason why loyal supporters from Oldham and Sheffield should have been happy to be in attendance then.

The lack of support for clubs in Hull has been noticed.The RFL was forced to give your good neighbours Gateshead Thunder lock,stock and barrel to help raise their support and keep that club going.

You of course managed to resist a merger.Sheffield Eagles,after winning the Challenge Cup,did not.

The impossible takes time and miracles a little longer. Both may be attempted once a home stadium is positioned in the Sheffield community.

Had fate determined that you had drawn against Siddal,then the distribution of the monies for a Challenge Cup game would be exactly the same as they are.

Had the RFL determined that following crowd disorder you had to play outside of the city for a year,I would suggest that you may have lost a few from the number of your supporters.

Had you had to play at a number of different stadia over a number of years you may have lost more.

It is a wonderful feeling to know that some rugby league supporters can attend every game and Hull KR sell-out each and every home game and take thousands to every away game.Oh,they don't? But they're missing Ben Cockayne! What a failing club not 'enticing' members of the public to attend a rugby league game.

Were you one of the 16? we've been through really bad times I've been to Sheffield and seen us concede 66pts I don't see what your point is
RankPostsTeam
International Star2862
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 17 200914 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
13th Dec 17 14:1413th Dec 17 08:54LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
JOHN THE REDBOY I have been a rovers fan all my life and my grandkids are as well

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:20 pm  
Angelic Cynic wrote:

We have been threw worse times then what you talk about I have been a rovers fan for 55 yrs and seen what you are on about so if I was you I would keep mum was you at the game all 16 of you
RankPostsTeam
Club Captain801No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 06 20168 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
24th Dec 19 00:334th Dec 19 17:24LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Signature
MIKE SMITH- THE BEST CENTRE HULL HAS EVER MADE!

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:37 pm  
the point is why should KR subsidise you, don't tell me your all skint in Sheffield, east hull has the highest unemployment in the country, we are loyal supporters , you reap what you sew ,
RankPostsTeam
International Star58No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 05 201113 yearsN/A
OnlineLast PostLast Page
3rd Sep 18 17:2923rd Apr 18 18:18LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Re: Away Support : Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:40 pm  
Angelic Cynic wrote:

Rovers, like yourselves, want to get maximum amount of revenue from this game. After yesterdays match with such a one sided score line it would be wise to have a lower price to entice more supporters through the gate. Holding out for a higher ticket price will come back and bite Sheffield on the harris. Remember the split is after the expense of putting the match on. If very few supporters turn up then the split could be very small indeed.
Next