JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 03 200518 years283rd
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 17:1618th Apr 24 11:46LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Double Movement wrote:
The penalty count was about 9 to 1 in the first half. With that in mind we probably did well to be as close as we were at half-time.

With confidence so low we seemed to rightly play a different style today. Spirits really seemed to lift when we scored at the beginning of the second half.

At 26-14 we seemed to be well in charge. Our forwards were punching holes and Keighley looked on the back foot. I thought Ross Osborne was excellent and his attitude first class although his liking for an offload worried me at times near the end when it needed to be up-the-jumper.

Lewis Bienek looks a fair player too. Jordie Hedges was great at scrum half and his goal kicking was superb. Charlie Martin made a difference when he came on in the second half. I liked the Russ Spiers side-step for the try of Keiran Cross.

I'm really pleased for the players as they put in a good shift, worked hard, and deserved the win. There's still plenty to work on with the 'decision-making' but it's a good step in the right direction.

For the Hull fans: Jack Sanderson looked good under the high ball and runs the ball out of defence well. Jordan Lane was solid in defence and added something to our team. Lewis Bienek played for most of the first half and made an impression when running the ball in. Ross Osborne had his best game for the Dons. Definitely no complaints at all from me about the effort and commitment shown by the Hull lads.

I also thought the fans got behind the team as well today.

Thanks DM. Pleased we got the win.
RankPostsTeam
International Star3430
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 201113 years212th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:1019th Apr 24 21:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Keith Lard's Dog wrote:
A good victory against a team that thought they had the game won at 14 nil.
The dynamics of the game changed with the introduction of Cross and Martin ,who along with Hedges and Osbourne gave us some much needed impetuous.
Brad England and Spiers carried strongly and have been missed over previous weeks.

My only gripe today was the scumbag sat close to me who continually spouted his awful abuse towards the referee, shouting how there was a grave for him next to that of former referee Chris Leatherbarrow.
Comments like this are totally Unacceptable in any situation let alone a sporting one ,and one that places so much enforces on mental health and depression in former players.
I only hope the perpetrator doesn’t lose someone close to them though suicide as this is not an isolated incident and it has been noted about how his foul language surfaces at most matches.
Non of us are saints and we all call the refs but to link one to the death of another oversteps the mark.
I am not sure of his name but feel this needs addressing or our so called family imaged club will lose even more supporters.

That sort of behaviour is totally unacceptable. We can all have a go at the refs but without them there would be no game. We must always remember that. Making reference to Chris Leatherbarrow is completely out of order. I will raise this issue at the fans panel meeting tomorrow night. Hopefully the club will be able to put out a statement to condemn this type of behaviour with action being taking by the stewards in future if it happens again.
RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2214
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 17 200321 years319th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
29th Sep 23 15:3325th Sep 23 10:42LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

A good and needed result, hopefully barring injury we will pick the same 17 next week as it would be unfair on anyone to get dropped after a good comeback and win.
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8298
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 05 200618 years41st
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 17:5519th Apr 24 22:03LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

good result for you guys, and hopefully you can get a run going now after a couple of defeats.
As a Hull fan, I wondered how Bienek and Osbourne went, and most have said they did well. Is Osbourne making lots of metres, or is it his offload game that is impressing? Same with Bienek - everyone has seen his highlights reel, but is that representative of how he has gone for you in the 2 games he has played?
RankPostsTeam
International Star3430
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 06 201113 years212th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
19th Apr 24 15:1019th Apr 24 21:57LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Wilde 3 wrote:
good result for you guys, and hopefully you can get a run going now after a couple of defeats.
As a Hull fan, I wondered how Bienek and Osbourne went, and most have said they did well. Is Osbourne making lots of metres, or is it his offload game that is impressing? Same with Bienek - everyone has seen his highlights reel, but is that representative of how he has gone for you in the 2 games he has played?

Ross Osborne didn't get many offloads away but was eagerly trying to offload late on in the game when we needed him to play more cautiously. It was obvious how 'up for the game' he was. He really gave everything and was very committed. One petulant moment could have cost us when he kicked the ball away to waste time when the ref stopped play. I see a very bright future for him. We need him at the Dons for the rest of the season though!

Lewis Bienek had people bouncing off him as they attempted to tackle him. He looks like a very strong lad. He played a lot of minutes on Sunday. I'm sure that was an attempt to help get him match fit having not played much recently. I've not seen any highlights reels so I'm only judging these guys on what I've seen live.
RankPostsTeam
Moderator94133No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 18 200222 years126th
OnlineLast PostLast Page
18th Apr 24 21:2319th Apr 24 22:01LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Reference the abuse of the referee referred to in some of the above posts;

Although I didn't witness this myself, it was raised / discussed at Monday's Fans Panel Meeting with the Club.

The advice from Carl Hall and Gavin Baldwin is that if there are any repeats, it should be immediately reported to a steward so that action may be taken. Understandably, the Club do not want this sort of behaviour at games.
Previous