WWW.RLFANS.COM • View topic - Fans forum meeting

Board index Championship 1 Doncaster RLFC Fans forum meeting

Re: Fans forum meeting
Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 pm
Posted by Another Penalty on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:22 pm
Another Penalty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:32 pm
Posts: 2546
Location: Living the dream in Doncaster
Wanderer wrote:
Hi Baz, I thought that the Meeting had moved from tonight to next Monday (11th). Has it changed again?
(also asked on Facebook)


haha post corrected, think its my old age.
Rugbyman has retired. Welcome to Another Penalty
Re: Fans forum meeting
Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:39 pm
Posted by Wanderer on Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:39 pm
Wanderer User avatar
100% League Network
100% League Network

Reputation Points: 4
Rep Position: 31st / 76,905

Quiz Score: 512

Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2002 4:48 pm
Posts: 50297
Location: Doncaster
Cheers.
Re: Fans forum meeting
Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:19 pm
Posted by Returning Don on Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:19 pm
Returning Don Stevo's Armpit

Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:28 pm
Posts: 16
I have a question. Can the club update the fans on weather players are injured and if so how long they will be out for. NRL and super league clubs do it so there’s no reason we can’t. I get frustrated that the likes of Welham and AJB aren’t playing but that could be because their injured but us fans have no idea why players are in the side one week playing well and then disappear for weeks on end.
Re: Fans forum meeting
Post Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:10 pm
Posted by Double Movement on Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:10 pm
Double Movement User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 am
Posts: 1815
Location: In the heart of Doncaster
Courtesy of Jane Keightley at Club Doncaster, here are the minutes from last Monday's meeting:

Fans Panel Meeting
Monday 11th June 2018


Attendees: Phil Buxton, Chris Scorah, Carol Green, Mike Lindley, Gary Fox, Stewart Thompson, Dave Stewart, Tracy Armstrong, Carl Hall, Gavin Baldwin, Shaun Lockwood, Ray Green, Jackie Green, Mark Hughesman, Jane Keightley

Apologies: Stewart Piper, Phil Scorah, Carol Lindley, Barry Brown, Scot Goddard


Welcome

• CH welcomed everybody, thanked them for coming and approved the Minutes of the last meeting.


Ticketing and Communication update

• SL advised that the GDPR database response was 564 by e-mail, 138 by text, 387 by post and 109 by telephone.
• SL confirmed that although attendance has dropped off recently season ticket sales are considerably higher than last season and by the Bradford Bulls game we had beaten the attendance numbers for last season. There are a few away games now and the timing is good as it gives us a chance for a mid season review to see what worked well and what hasn’t and make changes if required before the end of the season.
• CH mentioned that we are planning a trip to the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley led by Stewart Piper. We will offer a package including return bus and ticket and offer it to current supporters and the data base of people who attended previously. Please assist by promoting this day trip which should be a very good day out.


Subsidised coaches for supporters for away games

• CH advised that the most votes received were for the Workington game but advised that Whitehaven are having money trouble so asked for thoughts about providing ‘club rugby league family’ support by taking a bus to that game.
• MH informed everyone that 1272 people have voted and the breakdown was 54% for Workington, 31% for Whitehaven and 15% for North Wales.
• CG agreed that it would be good to help a fellow club as we would have appreciated support in times of difficulty.
• TA is happy to go to Whitehaven.
• CH confirmed that the bus would go to the Whitehaven game and asked that it was communicated to all supporters to ensure the bus is full.


In the Dugout

• SL explained that In the Dug Out was set up to keep The Dons identity when they were taken under the Club Doncaster umbrella and GB wanted everyone to know that CH was in charge so it was decided that CH would have a weekly update with supporters about things happening on and off the field. SL feels it is stale and doesn’t actually do what it was intended to so would like to make changes but not without getting feedback from supporters first.
• SL suggested that Carl could do a combination of a monthly/bi-monthly feature with the Free Press, an interview with Trax/Sine/Radio Sheffield and a 60 second YouTube clip showing highlights of games and team news as a voiceover. In the Dugout could still continue monthly rotating CH, Richard Horne (RH) and the players to give supporters a variety.
• CH agreed that it needs freshening up and could involve videos with kids and players when they go out into the community.
• CG said she had previously enjoyed the ones that RH and CH with Sonny Whakarau had done and said that sometimes in the usual In the Dugouts she doesn’t understand why the questions are asked as they are ambiguous.
• ML said that consistency is important so we do need to keep a weekly contact and appreciates the need to connect with a younger audience via social media but also to recognise that the older supporters prefer something with substance.
• SL felt that the general consensus was to embrace change so he would work out a more current way of the club connecting with supporters.
• SL knows a freelance journalist who worked in New Zealand who may be ideal for doing player interviews so he will explore this possibility.


Questions from supporters

Barry Brown wasn’t at the meeting so sent an e-mail to CH with the following questions from supporters:

1. Can the club update the fans on whether players are injured and if so how long they will be out for?
• CH advised that RH will not give details of player injuries to avoid the opposition knowing and that RH bases the decision for his selection on performance both at training and games. RH is strict about how the players train and apply themselves at training.
• CS said fans would like to know who is available for RH to choose from as some players do well and then they are not picked for several games.
• RG commented that some clubs advertise injuries then the players are at the next game so often the information released is not accurate.

2. Why can’t the coach speak after home games when everyone is in the bar?
• Richard has his press interviews after games like every other club. We wouldn’t put a coach on a platform to address supporters after games as we’ve all seen coaches reactions sometimes live on Sky when they have said things in the heat of the moment.


Any other business

• It was generally expressed that supporters felt dual reg was having a negative impact and GF said it is the supporters perception that dual reg is an issue so need some explanation about the positive benefits. CH confirmed that it is a good thing for the club as we didn’t need to sign as many players because of the arrangement with Hull. We signed 20 quality players on the understanding that we can have a minimum of 5 every week from Hull if required. All the Hull FC players come with the right attitude and enjoy playing here. GB confirmed that we should release more information about the dual reg structure so supporters understand how it works so CH will address this In the Dugout soon.
• CS advised that supporters need further information on the players so they can feel more connected with the club, especially the children who enjoy knowing more about their favourite players. GB said it is important that we talk about things that the fans are interested in so CH could discuss how we do things off the field and RH about the up and coming game and players so he can convey his personality and connect with the fans. GB said because the football manager did weekly interviews with the press football fans feel that they are more connected with the players.
• CS suggested that charismatic players who are not in the squad spend some time pre- match with supporters especially children talking to them and having photos taken and it would be good to make the content of the weekly contact sessions in addition to In the Dugout both fun and factual so instead of just interviews make them interactive so the players do challenges with the supporters.
• RG advised that many fans drink in local pubs prior to the games so we should find a way of enticing them to the stadium. It was suggested that RG interviews a different player pre-match.
• The behaviour of supporters was discussed and RG said it was important to get people back together and not use the forum to insult players and staff. ML read a post from the forum about a supporter using bad language and saying the referee should have a grave reserved next to one who committed suicide last year. CH confirmed that we are a family club and this behaviour is unacceptable. He advised that similar incidents should be reported to a steward who would have them spoken to or removed from the stadium. CH has spoken to Emma from the RFL who is revamping the family sport message and sending us a copy to play at home games.
• There was a lengthy conversation about additional teams within the club structure and further discussion will take place and be circulated to supporters in due course. At the Keighley game it was suggested that Dearne Valley and Keighley ladies teams play prior to the mens game but unfortunately due to short notice and logistics it was not possible but something CH will certainly consider going forward to help the club grow.
• CG asked about the progress of the World Cup Bid and CH advised that there is 7 weeks left to submission and that Doncaster Council and Club Doncaster have been very supportive. There is a big cost involved and CH is hopeful but not over confident that we will be selected to host a game. We fall into the 12,000 – 30,000 bracket and our facility ticks a big box. Our World Cup group have done the hotel visits and it is a tough process but we have a fighting chance.
CH advised that he keeps us on the radar with the RFL to host international games.
• ML asked if we would be subsidising a bus to the Featherstone game so supporters could use their season tickets and CH said he would consider it but if we do put on a bus he would want it to be full.
• ML raised a problem with the Silver Membership books as there are only 4 tickets left. CH explained they had used the same format as last year but the number of games has changed so fans can use the vouchers in the back and exchange them at the Ticket Office for a ticket for the game. If you do not have a voucher, take your silver plus book to the Ticket Office who will issue you with a ticket.
• CH closed the meeting by saying how he appreciated the Fans Panel members taking time out to attend and said it was fantastic that they were all on board. CH confirmed that there were positive things happening behind the scenes and that he is passionate about getting there and hopes the boys keep winning and find their early season form.
The meeting closed at 7.35pm.




Date of next meeting

The next meeting will be on Monday 30th July 2018 at 6.30pm in Alick’s Bar
Re: Fans forum meeting
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:37 am
Posted by Another Penalty on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:37 am
Another Penalty User avatar
Bronze RLFANS Member
Bronze RLFANS Member

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2003 2:32 pm
Posts: 2546
Location: Living the dream in Doncaster
Thanks DM for posting the minutes of the meeting. My internet has been playing up and someone was due to come out on Monday to sort it, but it has started working today for some unknown reason.
Rugbyman has retired. Welcome to Another Penalty
Re: Fans forum meeting
Post Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:44 am
Posted by Double Movement on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:44 am
Double Movement User avatar
Free-scoring winger
Free-scoring winger

Reputation Points: 2
Rep Position: 33rd / 76,905

Quiz Score: 0

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:58 am
Posts: 1815
Location: In the heart of Doncaster
Another Penalty wrote:
Thanks DM for posting the minutes of the meeting. My internet has been playing up and someone was due to come out on Monday to sort it, but it has started working today for some unknown reason.


Not a problem, Baz. I was sorry you couldn't make the meeting due to unforeseen circumstances. You were missed. :wink:
Previous

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests

Quick Reply

Subject: Message:
   

Return to Doncaster RLFC


POSTSONLINEMEMBERSRECORDYOUR TEAM
4,746,8781,41676,9054,559SET
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.
Sun 24th Jun 15:00
 CH ONE
BRADFORD BULLS
v
DONCASTER
Sun 1st Jul 15:00
 CH ONE
HEMEL STAGS
v
DONCASTER
Sun 8th Jul 15:00
 CH ONE
YORK
v
DONCASTER
Sun 15th Jul 15:00
 CH ONE
DONCASTER
v
WEST WALES
Sun 22nd Jul 15:00
 CH ONE
HUNSLET
v
DONCASTER
Sun 29th Jul 15:00
 CH ONE
DONCASTER
v
OLDHAM
Sun 5th Aug 15:00
 CH ONE
COVENTRY BEARS
v
DONCASTER
Sun 12th Aug 15:00
 CH ONE
DONCASTER
v
LONDON SKOLARS
Sun 19th Aug 15:00
 CH ONE
WHITEHAVEN
v
DONCASTER
Sun 2nd Sep 15:00
 CH ONE
DONCASTER
v
NEWCASTLE
Sun 9th Sep 15:00
 CH ONE
KEIGHLEY
v
DONCASTER
Sun 16th Sep 14:30
 CH ONE
CRUSADERS
v
DONCASTER
Sun 23rd Sep 15:00
 CH ONE
DONCASTER
v
WORKINGTON TOWN
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)






42